• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been one for the gore fests. No imagination whatsoever.

Not sure if you've seen Dr. Sleep yet. I give that a solid 8.5/10. Very well done and spot on compared to King's works.

Had to groom through 20ish pages just to find my damn review since the Hoop search function is still f*cked...

My review: Horror Movies

@Shaggy - Any updates on getting that fixed or?
Just watched the directors cut on HBO.
3 hours, but clever writing and well done.

Not crazy about the forest scene with the pack. Would have been interesting if the pack had to deal with the hotel one by one.

Otherwise, agree with your ratings.
Good stuff.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder for the first time in a long time....not Horror but Fantasy has close enough ties.....and an all-time classic.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder for the first time in a long time....not Horror but Fantasy has close enough ties.....and an all-time classic.

Grandpa Joe was so fucking evil.

1) Sits in bed all day but then springs to life once he can go to a chocolate factory. Fucker even dances!
2) Encourages stealing, "Who cares where he got it, he got it!" (the bread)
3) Continues smoking while everyone else has to eat cabbage water
4) Hides money and sneaks out to buy chocolate (so HE could hopefully get the golden ticket through Charlie)
5) Steals the fizzy drink and corrupts his grandson
6) Isn't responsible and tells his grandson to blindly sign away
7) Wants to get revenge and again corrupt his grandson by saying they'll give the gobstopper to Slugworth
8) "And me!?" Selfish piece of shit, at the end all he cares about is whether he gets to live in the factory, not his daughter or the other elders
9) Gropes the woman when they are getting into the room that gets smaller (she screams and he's right next to her and jumps)

Grandpa Joe was a piece of shit... IMO it was a horror movie. We just never got to see Grandpa Joe murdering and molesting people in his earlier days.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this oldie? He played a good kid and his cousin Macaulay was the evil shit

Oh yah I remember that.

The 'Home Alone kid' dropped the F bomb. Wasn't a bad movie... not as good as the trailers depicted, but overall it was entertaining.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yah I remember that.

The 'Home Alone kid' dropped the F bomb. Wasn't a bad movie... not as good as the trailers depicted, but overall it was entertaining.

Yeah fucking with Joe Pesci wasn't enough, he started dropping mannequins on the highway .

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah fucking with Joe Pesci wasn't enough, he started dropping mannequins on the highway .

That scene was pretty f'd up. That and his sister on the ice...

Was good acting on all fronts though. I think I'd give it an IMDB 5.5. Not something you rush out and see if you haven't before, but a good weekend popcorn flick when it's dark.

That movie should have a disclaimer though: "Please do not watch this if you have depression."

The whole premise and then the aftermath.... woof.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched these over the weekend:

MV5BNDc1MTk3NDIzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzUxNDIyNTM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

10x10 (2018)
Pretty decent thriller. However the movie could have been over within the first 15-20 minutes had the female done some things differently when she was trying to escape. Don't need to go into details (unless someone wants to discuss it) but those sort of glaring issues sort of ruined the rest of the movie for me. Blatant stupidity. And not just once, but multiple times she had the upper hand & gave it away. Also, the beginning abduction felt a little too implausible for my taste. Had she kicked that car before it drove off it coulda been game over. More of that "plot convenience" factor. But it turned out to be a pretty good mystery story in the end.

MV5BODQ4NDhmNTctZmMwMi00ZjI0LTlkNjEtMTRjOTA1N2JkODM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQwMTY2Nzk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

We Summon the Darkness (2019)
This movie was a swing & a miss for me. It had a decent premise & build, even though I was beyond irritated with these female characters, and it gained some decent promise once the house party arrived. However it fumbled it away rather quickly and the menace didn't materialize. Felt like it was done for a more comedic affect, but honestly it could have been pretty damn good had it taken itself more seriously & dove into a more sinister tone.

MV5BNDRmOGE2NWMtZGIwOC00MDc3LWJkOGYtNjZmZjk4YjNiZTc4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY3Nzc0OTk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

What Keeps You Alive (2018)
Even though this movie was sort of riddled with questionable actions, I felt like Hannah Emily Anderson's performance made this movie well worth the watch. The movie dragged itself through 5-too many ending scenes and just didn't know when to quit. Overall somewhat amateur film, but still worth the 1 time watch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New TV show with Paulson in a lead role... Definitely has AHS vibes (from the AHS creator)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Name this movie from the quote below:

"Walter! FORGET THE DAMN NAME! Now me and Earl think we better get the hell out of this valley."