• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic that just week(s) after our talks in here about both Paxton & Weaver I keep coming across these set pics on my TF.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention that A Simple Plan was a Sam Raimi deal. I believe this was his first attempt at a non-horror movie. This is another guy I think has done some great stuff, including Evil Dead, some Spidey stuff and, yes, Xena! She and Gabrielle were the bomb! :nod::nod::nod:
I was going to say, thankfully you've never seen crimewave, but I see that is classified as a horror. Written by Raimi and the Coen brothers, directed by Raimi.... complete piece of shit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m finally about to watch Swallow, a movie I have been wanting to see for awhile for some reason. Hope it has been worth the wait

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m finally about to watch Swallow, a movie I have been wanting to see for awhile for some reason. Hope it has been worth the wait
if nothing else, i liked their use of colors.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah kind of a slow movie, not what I expected but overall I liked the story. I enjoyed it but nothing special lol
yeah, i thought it was going to be like Raw, which i get it was to an extant (but a completely different story, outside influence causing the infliction or whatever). That said, while watching I still loved the use of color for each set piece/room (i don't know the industry lingo) but it looked nice.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say, thankfully you've never seen crimewave, but I see that is classified as a horror. Written by Raimi and the Coen brothers, directed by Raimi.... complete piece of shit.

I've never even heard of it, but with those guys behind it, shoulda been great. I guess the key here is that I've never even heard of it. :pound::pound::pound:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Vast of Night on Amazon. Not a horror movie, it's a sci-fi/suspense but really solid flick. Definitely worth a watch.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invisible Man - This is not a good movie. The story and writing was bad. The acting was average. The effects were pretty solid, no real complaints that I remember. I honestly don't want to go into specifics, this was just a bad movie. I watched with the wife and after it was over I literally said out loud... 'that was a bad movie'. She liked it, but she isn't critical of movies AT ALL. I am not sure if there is a movie she actually dislikes. I was very disappointed as I was hoping this was going to be good. Based on the solid effects, the average acting and there was some solid camera work - I am giving it a 3.5/10... maybe and at most would be a 4/10.

What did you guys think?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guy also wrote screeplays for some other 80's slashers...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invisible Man - This is not a good movie. The story and writing was bad. The acting was average. The effects were pretty solid, no real complaints that I remember. I honestly don't want to go into specifics, this was just a bad movie. I watched with the wife and after it was over I literally said out loud... 'that was a bad movie'. She liked it, but she isn't critical of movies AT ALL. I am not sure if there is a movie she actually dislikes. I was very disappointed as I was hoping this was going to be good. Based on the solid effects, the average acting and there was some solid camera work - I am giving it a 3.5/10... maybe and at most would be a 4/10.

What did you guys think?
My review: Horror Movies

I thought it was decent. Logical flaws in the writing. 7/10

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are some bad flaws in my opinion lol. I will say that I thought Moss did a fair job with the paranoia and anxiety, the bigger problem with that was understanding the abuse that we never got to see first hand. It starts out with her leaving. She isn't hurt, locked up, or anything... she actually has full access to everything including the alarm system and the security cameras. Whenever they talk about the abuse, they say stereotypical stuff... 'he had a way to get inside your head', 'he made me believe', 'he manipulates people' - yada yada yada which may explain why there are no physical signs of abuse, but they never dive deep enough for me to really believe it especially since again, she had access to everything. The ending really bothered me too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah same here but it kept your attention at all times. Logic is a big part of it for me but in this one...didn't really think about it much bc it was so entertaining. It makes a difference imo

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some bad flaws in my opinion lol. I will say that I thought Moss did a fair job with the paranoia and anxiety, the bigger problem with that was understanding the abuse that we never got to see first hand. It starts out with her leaving. She isn't hurt, locked up, or anything... she actually has full access to everything including the alarm system and the security cameras. Whenever they talk about the abuse, they say stereotypical stuff... 'he had a way to get inside your head', 'he made me believe', 'he manipulates people' - yada yada yada which may explain why there are no physical signs of abuse, but they never dive deep enough for me to really believe it especially since again, she had access to everything. The ending really bothered me too.
Agreed, I had a hard time connecting with her through all her PTSD. Didn't see or know enough to believe her trauma. They just wanted us to take her word for it essentially. Meh. Definitely needed more there.

The ending was definitely a surprise moment, and I can appreciate the shock value. But in hindsight it didn't really land as well as it could have. Adrian (IIRC that was the character name) was made out to be some sort of mastermind, always 2 steps ahead... And yet he got blinded by her because she came groveling back on her knees?

Still stand by my rating though. Could knock it down to a 6, but wouldn't go lower. Pretty tense & thrilling movie overall... Logical flaws be damned.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah same here but it kept your attention at all times. Logic is a big part of it for me but in this one...didn't really think about it much bc it was so entertaining. It makes a difference imo
Ninjerd my sentiment in the last part of my previous post...Agreed! The intensity & thrill aspect covered up the flaws for me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Vast of Night on Amazon. Not a horror movie, it's a sci-fi/suspense but really solid flick. Definitely worth a watch.
Looks awesome. Adding to my list! Thanks for the rec!

Side note... Love it when people recommend movies in here. New material, old material... Horror, sci-fi, thrillers. Whatever. I'm always thirsty for more!

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I had a hard time connecting with her through all her PTSD. Didn't see or know enough to believe her trauma. They just wanted us to take her word for it essentially. Meh. Definitely needed more there.

The ending was definitely a surprise moment, and I can appreciate the shock value. But in hindsight it didn't really land as well as it could have. Adrian (IIRC that was the character name) was made out to be some sort of mastermind, always 2 steps ahead... And yet he got blinded by her because she came groveling back on her knees?

Still stand by my rating though. Could knock it down to a 6, but wouldn't go lower. Pretty tense & thrilling movie overall... Logical flaws be damned.

I hear ya, I'm not trying to change your grade, I just like to discuss stuff like this. Maybe I forgot or missed something. Like I said, I wanted to like it lol. Mastermind, but isn't aware of a big hole in the closet for prime stashing needs.

Here is the thing for me, the moment I saw Sydney spray the pepper spray, someone falls into the corner of her room. You can tell via the order and angle in which things being to fall. She runs out of the room, no way someone that fell into the corner would be able to catch her inside of 10-15 feet - but then she appears to get hit from the front as she falls as if she was form tackled and immediately being choked so from there I immediately told my wife both the brothers are in on this. Earlier I asked her rhetorically 'why does he have two suits?'. Obviously a back up is also reasonable, but we aren't exactly talking about reasonable people - after all he is a mastermind, his suit wouldn't fail right - he is a world leader in optics.

That is my complaint setting up to the ending lol.... now nothing is revealed on how his brother would be able to fake Adrians voice that I remember. Had he never spoken to her while in the suit, we could possibly believe that the brother was behind the whole thing, but he DID speak and I am going to assume that a PTSD abused person will likely remember the voice of their abuser (especially in this circumstance when his voice is the form of abuse).So we know it is Adrian, we also know that Adrian spoke to her at the hospital, where she stabbed him in the chest like 4 times with the pen - at the dinner table, she could have and should have asked him to remove his shirt either showing or not showing the wounds. That would be the indicator we needed or the baffling moment we kind of desired. Instead we got neither.

Then there is the scientific nature of the film lol. No need to go into that, I just wish we got a few lines to make the suit more real. All these cameras have to be recording and projecting in real time to get an even flow of visual streaming, but all we got was a close up of what looked like cameras zooming in and out lol. This is silly and I am willing to over look, but the stuff above as well as much more I didn't mention, bother me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, I'm not trying to change your grade, I just like to discuss stuff like this. Maybe I forgot or missed something. Like I said, I wanted to like it lol. Mastermind, but isn't aware of a big hole in the closet for prime stashing needs.

Here is the thing for me, the moment I saw Sydney spray the pepper spray, someone falls into the corner of her room. You can tell via the order and angle in which things being to fall. She runs out of the room, no way someone that fell into the corner would be able to catch her inside of 10-15 feet - but then she appears to get hit from the front as she falls as if she was form tackled and immediately being choked so from there I immediately told my wife both the brothers are in on this. Earlier I asked her rhetorically 'why does he have two suits?'. Obviously a back up is also reasonable, but we aren't exactly talking about reasonable people - after all he is a mastermind, his suit wouldn't fail right - he is a world leader in optics.

That is my complaint setting up to the ending lol.... now nothing is revealed on how his brother would be able to fake Adrians voice that I remember. Had he never spoken to her while in the suit, we could possibly believe that the brother was behind the whole thing, but he DID speak and I am going to assume that a PTSD abused person will likely remember the voice of their abuser (especially in this circumstance when his voice is the form of abuse).So we know it is Adrian, we also know that Adrian spoke to her at the hospital, where she stabbed him in the chest like 4 times with the pen - at the dinner table, she could have and should have asked him to remove his shirt either showing or not showing the wounds. That would be the indicator we needed or the baffling moment we kind of desired. Instead we got neither.

Then there is the scientific nature of the film lol. No need to go into that, I just wish we got a few lines to make the suit more real. All these cameras have to be recording and projecting in real time to get an even flow of visual streaming, but all we got was a close up of what looked like cameras zooming in and out lol. This is silly and I am willing to over look, but the stuff above as well as much more I didn't mention, bother me.
You'll have to excuse me if I'm not remembering this correctly, but why does it have to be conclusively Adrian or the brother? From my understanding it was both working together the entire time. I thought Adrian had manipulated his brother into aiding him in this terrorism plan. With that understanding, I didn't think we could ever know who was terrorizing her during each scene, other than when she finally stabbed the brother. They could have both been attacking her at the same time earlier on? no? But at any rate, its not a stretch to conceive that the brother was able to create Adrian's voice. Pre-recorded messages would have sufficed.

Not debating or arguing fwiw... Just discussing!

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to excuse me if I'm not remembering this correctly, but why does it have to be conclusively Adrian or the brother? From my understanding it was both working together the entire time. I thought Adrian had manipulated his brother into aiding him in this terrorism plan. With that understanding, I didn't think we could ever know who was terrorizing her during each scene, other than when she finally stabbed the brother. They could have both been attacking her at the same time earlier on? no? But at any rate, its not a stretch to conceive that the brother was able to create Adrian's voice. Pre-recorded messages would have sufficed.

Not debating or arguing fwiw... Just discussing!

it doesn't have to be. I actually thought it was both of them, but he was speaking to her in certain scenes and they never alluded to recordings or that the suit could do that or play them and to me, that doesn't fit the organic nature of the scene. As I mentioned, I think a person that was traumatized because of the mental manipulation and the way they were spoken to would be able to recognize cheap tricks. To me, she stabbed Adrian in the hospital - and he was talking to her about how he will hurt those she cares about and go after Sydney, no way was that recorded and in my opinion lends more creedence that she knew it was Adrian. Then she shot and killed Adrians brother at the house (where I actually thought they were both there). I think that was why she did what she did, because she knew it was both, but that Adrian was the one pulling the strings.

The fact that we are discussing this indicates how not well told this was lol.