• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, which movie was better, Hollow Man or Invisible Man?

Gonna go Hollow Man. I don't get why that movie got so many bad reviews and the plot actually made sense. Sebastian went insane due to his invisibility whereas 'that asshole husband?' was just a dick? Hollow Man also made WAY more sense. When Invisible angry guy went through a sea of cops armed with pistols I was like, "Okay movie..." The paint/attic scene was cool though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, i thought it was great. always a fan of labine and tudyk, what didn't you like about it? that's what you're saying when you think you could have improved it.
I can't quite put my finger on it. I have enjoyed some of both Tudyk's and Labine's previous work as well, which is why I was interested in watching this. Some of it was pretty funny but other stuff just seemed to fall completely flat for me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Becky (2020) over the weekend... It was alright. Got pretty gruesome in some moments which was awesome. Had a fair share of implausible moments but overall it was entertaining. Kevin James playing the role of a Nazi-convict was surprisingly believable.

Also watched Come To Daddy (2019)... Weird movie. Had some funny moments but overall felt awkward and strange. Elijah Wood plays the deranged role surprisingly well. Kept thinking the entire thing was going to be in his head.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, which movie was better, Hollow Man or Invisible Man?
Depends on what flavor you're after... 2 very different movies even if the core concept is the same.

Hollow Man is more sci-fi thriller, and Invisible Man is more psychological thriller. But I'll take Hollow Man 8 times out of 10 if I'm forced to make the decision. Nostalgia is a potent drug for me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey folks! Figured I'd drop in after such a long time and provide my 2 cents!

So I finally broke my 30 some year "No Micheal, no watch" policy and sat through Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. Is it as bad as many say? Is it a hidden cult classic as some claim? Well.......

A mixed bag in my opinion. Essentially everything here is a mixture of good and bad.
*Acting? Tom Atkins is good. The main bad guy is decent. The eye candy is meh for acting . A few peripheral characters are kinda just bad (like the tourist family).
*Storyline? Well, the no Michael Meyers thing aside, it isn't a bad story. It is bit too simplistic considering the scale of the bad guy's plan. Also the dialog is often a bit too clunky.
*FXs? Fairly lacking until they suddenly are not (like when they face melt the sales lady). Its the prevalence of offscreen or obscured kill ratios that get me a bit po'd.

Positives:
*Tom Atkins. Stop it! Please! You've got to stop it! Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!!!!!
*A semi coherent storyline (though the execution of it is a bit woggy).
*The bad guy (Cochrane) is generally well played. Reminds me a bit of the venerable Tall Man in the Phantasm series.
*The guy that played Grimbridge did a good job.
*The love interest is pretty hot (acting ability is apparently secondary though).
*The FXs are decent when they actually decide to use them.
*The scenes towards the end (escaping in the car with the love interest, and then Tom screaming into the phone) are excellent!
*The gas station attendant looks like the illegitimate son of Sammy Davis Jr.!
*Classic John Carpenter soundtrack!

Negatives:
*Not all characters/dialog or aspects of the story come off as realistic. Some characters babble exposition like overly caffeinated 14 year olds. While the overall ideas are cool, the plot execution is a bit ridiculous. Etc.
*As previously mentioned, the prevalence of offscreen and obscured kills are annoying. Just give us some gore already! We are not expecting a kids movie here after Halloween and Halloween 2.
*Much like the gore, the lack of T&A. Unto itself it isn't a big deal but when you have scenes with the hot lead chick flashing Tom (a few times), showering, and a long sex scene and we don't see so much as a nipple (they worked way too hard to film it so we don't see anything), only to have Tom's ass the following morning as the only nudity just made me angry. :(
*They Bond villained the scene where they tie up Tom. If you just shoot him instead of tying him up and leaving him alone in a room then you win! Where is Seth Green when you need him?

Overall: 4.5 to 5 out of 10. A must see for Halloween fans (if only to understand the franchise in its entirety) but non-horror fans won't like it much and the feel and story is very dated. I could see an updated version using the internet as a means actually being better if done correctly. But I'm glad I finally watched it. Not sure where it ranks on my best to worst Halloween series movie list but it is certainly not towards the top.
Good to see ya jakedog! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. Like I said before, looks like a Mad Max movie.
Whatever, I'm there. :nod::nod::nod:
Only concern was... The CG/fx looked somewhat subpar in that trailer. Hopefully the final cut has a lot more work put into it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched the first one. Don't hate me, I just find zombie movies bad/boring most of the time so I have put it on the backburner.

All good. However, I strongly recommend it.

traintobusan.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Houses October Built. I held off forever because I don't like camcorder),found footage movies for the most part.

Took awhile to get going, not sure the payoff was fully worth the slow burn but it was entertaining enough.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched the first one. Don't hate me, I just find zombie movies bad/boring most of the time so I have put it on the backburner.

All good. However, I strongly recommend it.

traintobusan.gif

How the hell did I not know about the first movie (Face I blame you fully for not pm'ing me years ago)? IMDBs summary says:

While a zombie virus breaks out in South Korea, passengers struggle to survive on the train from Seoul to Busan.

Sounds fucking awesome... *starts watching*
How have you guys been participating in this thread & not seen us talk about it before???

stop what you’re doing & go watch now! Don’t even need to read the subtitles to enjoy it!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Houses October Built. I held off forever because I don't like camcorder),found footage movies for the most part.

Took awhile to get going, not sure the payoff was fully worth the slow burn but it was entertaining enough.
Honestly never understood the fanfare for that movie. Dreadfully slow & the scares consisted of masked people standing in dark corners.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have you guys been participating in this thread & not seen us talk about it before???

stop what you’re doing & go watch now! Don’t even need to read the subtitles to enjoy it!

I'm personally holding you responsible @FaCe-LeE-uS

That said, I just got to the scene where the girl rushes onto the train and I'm fully engaged. It was a little slow of a start, but.. :gaah:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm personally holding you responsible @FaCe-LeE-uS

That said, I just got to the scene where the girl rushes onto the train and I'm fully engaged. It was a little slow of a start, but.. :gaah:
Enjoy the race to the finish line!