• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, gave a better try at reading this, I'm drunk and my stupid cat chewed threw the adapter of my new laptop, so I'm phone bound.

The whole JLC storyline was ridiculous. Especially when it comes to the house and his arrival. Oh shit, he's here and we finally put the lights on him, let me duck behind the door and think about it .I know they reversed the meaning behind the basement, but still, so dumb
LMAO no shit... Let me put my back up to the front door with windowpanes on it while HE'S APPROACHING and see how this plays out...

Too many moments like that where you're just amazed by the stupidity.

BeatPitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, never mind...just watched Truth or Dare.
Truth-or-Dare-2017-Nick-Simon-syfy-movie-4.jpg

Didn't get it, who was behind the whole thing?
In any event, some of the 'dares' were pretty brutal, particularly the teeth yanking scenes, so I'll give it that.

Also, the BoobMeter is now set to Millennial Boob Alert! That's a plus!

Now, I'm watching a real horror movie; I think this may be the 4th time I've watched this greatness.

Train to Busan

Funny enough I heard about Train to Busan via Stephen King's Twitter feed...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're back in the US? And on the road?

Yeah. About 10 weeks into it and a little over 600 miles done! A real struggle at times with bloody feet and bad weather. Handed out 35 or so meals to homeless people in New Orleans yesterday.

Going to take 12 days off and fly home as per Dad's request. First Christmas without Mom is a bit rough.

Check out Bryan Walks USA on Facebook and Instagram, and/or bryanwalksusa.com for a recap so far!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught Amityville II: The Possession last night.

I don't know if I need spoiler tags for a 1982 movie, but I'll just deal with a part at the beginning and was an ongoing theme that was really creepy.

So, movie opens up and a family is moving into the house (this is a prequel and based very loosely on the actual events of the house). In the attic the one son is setting up his room with the eldest daughter. Of course that wasn't specified at that point yet, as they were flirting pretty hard with each other, so I had to back track and wonder if one of them is the offspring of the family and they're recently married, or perhaps their step-siblings. Eventually it is confirmed they are brother and sister and it eventually gets a lot creepier from there

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught Amityville II: The Possession last night.

I don't know if I need spoiler tags for a 1982 movie, but I'll just deal with a part at the beginning and was an ongoing theme that was really creepy.

So, movie opens up and a family is moving into the house (this is a prequel and based very loosely on the actual events of the house). In the attic the one son is setting up his room with the eldest daughter. Of course that wasn't specified at that point yet, as they were flirting pretty hard with each other, so I had to back track and wonder if one of them is the offspring of the family and they're recently married, or perhaps their step-siblings. Eventually it is confirmed they are brother and sister and it eventually gets a lot creepier from there

Surprisingly, I don't know that I have ever seen it! What overall rating do you give it?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, I don't know that I have ever seen it! What overall rating do you give it?
i generally don't like to do overall ratings. Maybe a 4? Watchable enough for me, but other than some bad acting and plot, not much to offer but some laughs and cringey moments. Paulie from Rocky is in it, you have that going for you.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i generally don't like to do overall ratings. Maybe a 4? Watchable enough for me, but other than some bad acting and plot, not much to offer but some laughs and cringey moments. Paulie from Rocky is in it, you have that going for you.

Well, at least you got some sick ince$t stuff with a hot chick!
20181220_145555.jpg

BeatPitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, never mind...just watched Truth or Dare.
Truth-or-Dare-2017-Nick-Simon-syfy-movie-4.jpg

Didn't get it, who was behind the whole thing?
In any event, some of the 'dares' were pretty brutal, particularly the teeth yanking scenes, so I'll give it that.

Also, the BoobMeter is now set to Millennial Boob Alert! That's a plus!

Now, I'm watching a real horror movie; I think this may be the 4th time I've watched this greatness.

Train to Busan

th

Stephen King recommended Train to Busan on his Twitter a year or so ago. That's how I found out about it. Def a favorite.

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen King recommended Train to Busan on his Twitter a year or so ago. That's how I found out about it. Def a favorite.
Fantastic movie, there's an animated prequel, Seoul Station, that's pretty good too.

No idea why but December is usually my month to watch some old Italian giallos and zombie flicks. Watched The Church last night, and just finished watching Fulci's House By The Cemetery a bit ago. It still amazes me how Asian and Italian horror has more balls than most American films.

Oh also, for anyone who watched A Serbian Film, I just watched what is quite possibly the most fucked up horror movie I've seen in a while: Trauma. Not exactly a great movie per se, but if you're looking for gory/graphic and extremely sadistic, it's a winner.

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I wasn't around my man... But here's a few for future rec's

Netflix:
The Ritual... Dudes go hiking in the woods. Gold.
Cam... Haven't seen this but heard good things
Raw... Haven't seen this one yet either. Want to give it a chance though. High ratings.
Veronica... Subtitled, but heard its good.
Creep 2... If you've seen the 1st then you'll want to give this one a watch. A little more sinister, but Duplass still amazes.

Amazon:
The Loved Ones... Still watch this twisted one from time to time.
The Neon Demon... Strange & visually uncomfortable. But somethin tells me you'd like it! Still don't know how I feel about it.
Afflicted... Found footage type. Pretty decent.
Excellent choices, Raw is an awesome movie so definitely check it out if you haven't yet. Veronica was a bit disappointing, I anticipated better as Spain has churned out some great horror movies over the years

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent choices, Raw is an awesome movie so definitely check it out if you haven't yet. Veronica was a bit disappointing, I anticipated better as Spain has churned out some great horror movies over the years
Don’t know if I’ve ever seen you around the Hoop before but welcome to the horror thread! Always happy to see more horror enthusiasts participate in here! :suds:

Raw... Been lookin forward to it. Just haven’t been able to convince the wife to watch it yet. She’s not into the grotesque & gruesome types of gore. Not my favorite either but doesn’t bother me. Might have to be one that I watch on my own.

Veronica... My problem is subtitles. I loath reading dialogue. Even after reading hundreds of glowing reviews, it still took me a long time before finally watching Train To Busan. I was glad I did but still got annoyed with the dialogue.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if I’ve ever seen you around the Hoop before but welcome to the horror thread! Always happy to see more horror enthusiasts participate in here! :suds:

Raw... Been lookin forward to it. Just haven’t been able to convince the wife to watch it yet. She’s not into the grotesque & gruesome types of gore. Not my favorite either but doesn’t bother me. Might have to be one that I watch on my own.

Veronica... My problem is subtitles. I loath reading dialogue. Even after reading hundreds of glowing reviews, it still took me a long time before finally watching Train To Busan. I was glad I did but still got annoyed with the dialogue.
You know you'll have to deal with subtitles in Raw, right?

I like subtitles because it forces me to focus on the movie the entire film. I'll hold off on some just to make sure I can devote my entire attention span to it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you'll have to deal with subtitles in Raw, right?

I like subtitles because it forces me to focus on the movie the entire film. I'll hold off on some just to make sure I can devote my entire attention span to it.
No I didn't realize Raw was an international film as well! Damn

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to feel the same way about subtitles, Audition broke me out of that though. And yes Raw has subtitles, but the dialogue is very minimal so its not that bad. There are definitely a few moments that are hard to stomach in the film so enjoy!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, my definition of horror movies doesn't include sadistic torture and stuff like that. Monsters, creepy evil scary stuff, yes. I'm all good there. :)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, my definition of horror movies doesn't include sadistic torture and stuff like that. Monsters, creepy evil scary stuff, yes. I'm all good there. :)
I'm not big on the twisted stuff either. The shock value stuff doesn't produce good horror films. What lures me with Raw is the psychological aspects. Those kind of movies often produce the most well written & acted pieces in the horror genre.