• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horace Grant says LeBron James Miami Heat no match for Michael Jordan's Bulls

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated that the Bulls won only 2 games fewer after MJ retirement #1. You then stated it was all because of Ho Grant, no?

Never stated it was ALL because of Grant, I'm just providing a trend of the success of teams that Grant was apart of at the time that could be factor in to his assessed value as a player along with stats and analysis of his game. Okay, I'll go back to the one metric rule you established and we can compare player by player. What is the metric you want now? Bosh played more games than Grant during the year so Bosh > Grant?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember 01, but I also remember 00 and 02 as well when the Lakers were pushed to the brink in the first round against an 8th seeded Kings team, 7 games against Portland and 7 games against the Kings

Point is...we're not talking about Lakers vs Scrub Finals team. We're talking about a team who has made it to 4 consecutive finals. Now you're entitled to your opinion that your Lakers would beat the Heat, but to think that the Heat would stand no chance is pretty silly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with how the Heat would do vs. those Bulls and Lakers teams?:noidea:

Trojan, I don't include you in those comments as you tend to be a realistic thinker, and don't let your disdain for the Heat cloud your judgement. But a majority of Lakers fans have always picked against the Heat, and ended up wrong. It's not inconceivable to think that their judgement isn't clouded.

I'll go with Flauge's way of thinking. I think the Heat could take Jordan's Bulls from 91-93. Horace Grant was a decent PF, but certainly not special. You replace him with Dennis Rodman, and add a sniper like Steve Kerr, then I'd say the Heat would lose in 6 to the 96-98 Bulls.

The 2000-2002 Lakers would be interesting. I'd like to see how Shaq would handle a defense like Miami's. Bosh certainly wouldn't be able to guard Shaq, I'm not even going to try to convince myself of that. But for as much as some posters want to say that the Heat's titles aren't special because they never beat anyone special for them, then I could say the same thing about the Lakers.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rules are we playing by?? Early to mid 90's rules or todays?? Basketball, almost more so than any other sport, pretty much stays the same at its core but the reality is that the 90's Bulls didnt have near the athleticism that this Heat team has all around. The Bulls had better stand still shooters but that doesnt matter as much in todays game with the use of zone. Part of the reason those Bulls teams were so deadly was Jordan and Pippens ability to get to the hole kicking the ball out to deadly shooters who had wide open looks ( because teams had to play man and were forced to help). I am probably going to get crucified for this but I think if the games were played with todays rules ( tighter hand checking calls... A Jordan specialty, not allowing post players to use both hands, zone defebse, the shorter 3 point line congesting things) I think Miami wins in 6. If its played with the old rules I say Bulls in 7. Pippen wasnt strong enough to guard LBJ and putting MJ on him would dramatically alter hisoffense. The Bulls would have no matchup for Bosh, guarding him with Rodman loses the Bulls almost all their rebounding and trying to guard him with Pippen would be a terrible idea in the post.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, I don't include you in those comments as you tend to be a realistic thinker, and don't let your disdain for the Heat cloud your judgement. But a majority of Lakers fans have always picked against the Heat, and ended up wrong. It's not inconceivable to think that their judgement isn't clouded.

I'll go with Flauge's way of thinking. I think the Heat could take Jordan's Bulls from 91-93. Horace Grant was a decent PF, but certainly not special. You replace him with Dennis Rodman, and add a sniper like Steve Kerr, then I'd say the Heat would lose in 6 to the 96-98 Bulls.

The 2000-2002 Lakers would be interesting. I'd like to see how Shaq would handle a defense like Miami's. Bosh certainly wouldn't be able to guard Shaq, I'm not even going to try to convince myself of that. But for as much as some posters want to say that the Heat's titles aren't special because they never beat anyone special for them, then I could say the same thing about the Lakers.

I don't take anything away from the Heat. I don't like them, but that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge what they've accomplished. As I've said before, whether the Heat win this series or not, getting to 4 straight finals is no joke and should be respected.

As for the 2000's Lakers 3-peat team, I think that the Heat would be competitive vs. the 2000 and 2002 teams, but the 2001 team would pretty well crush them. That's not a slight against the Heat either, I think that team would pretty well crush any other team in history including the 2000 and 2002 Lakers teams. They went 15-1 in the playoffs and all but 4 of the wins were by double digits. Shaq was a monster (more than usual) in those playoffs and it's probably the best he and Kobe played together in their careers.

I also agree about the '91-'93 Bulls. They were good, but were more "MJ dependent" than the '96-'98 Bulls. By that time, players like Pippen, etc. had figured out that they were pretty good too and that made the team more dangerous. Plus, the defense and rebounding of Rodman makes a huge difference.

It would have been fun to see a matchup of Rodman guarding Lebron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 and 2 in Chicago...

P-00002-Astonished.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans pretty much these days need to live in the past.

The last few seasons haven't looked so great, and the near future looks like a rebuild process.

You mean Lakers fans, right? Because the team is the Lakers, not the Laker.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep drinking the Heat koolaid. Cant wait for the next new champ so you can cheer for them too.

"Haters gonna hate!" - Heat fans who think juvenile internet cliches from 2006 are still cool :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna tweet that to The King

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep drinking the Heat koolaid. Cant wait for the next new champ so you can cheer for them too.

Says the guy who's 3 favorite teams have won a combined 18 championships since 1972.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha!! so true & I'm pretty sure Jim Door's will cheer for the next champ, fucken bandwagon tool. :laugh3:
"I've been a fan since the Lakers won the title in 1987"

LALakersboy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 16 seasons Kerr player 16207 minutes.

In 10 seasons Ray Allen has played 46344 minutes.

Maybe that's why. :laugh3: