• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horace Grant says LeBron James Miami Heat no match for Michael Jordan's Bulls

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so, what is your point? is there a relevant opinion coming from you, anytime soon ? Please don't bore me.

NEXT....

Not that I give a shit, but point is, if you weren't a fan but then became one because you got caught up in a team winning at whatever point, how is that different then someone getting caught up with what the Heat are now doing and becoming a fan of that?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I give a shit, but point is, if you weren't a fan but then became one because you got caught up in a team winning at whatever point, how is that different then someone getting caught up with what the Heat are now doing and becoming a fan of that?

I think you have to back your home town team. Otherwise you are bandwagon. Exception; there is no team in your state. You SHOULD pick the closest one to back but with no true attachments there, you can choose any team...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my case my whole family our Die Hard Lakers fans, so when I was 5 years old my Dad started taking me to Lakers games & we pass it on from generation to generation in our family. Jim Doors is a fake ass & pussy Knick fan, who hops on Lebrons dick & it's a fact. This is not about the Heat fans right now at least. :nod:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to back your home town team. Otherwise you are bandwagon. Exception; there is no team in your state. You SHOULD pick the closest one to back but with no true attachments there, you can choose any team...

I'm not sure if this factors into what they were talking about, does it?
I thought it was more about non interested people becoming interested because their local team started winning.

Anyway, I think there are too many factors to make a general blanket type of fan rule.

For instance, I grew up in Cleveland but was never a fan of college football, let alone Ohio State.
I became a fan of the game when the Miami Hurricanes started their dominating run.
I think fanship is more about staying with your chosen team through thick and thin vs having to pick the team you live closest to.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nice, you making excuses for Ray Ray.

d1IYH.gif

Ray Ray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steve Kerr

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was more about non interested people becoming interested because their local team started winning.

Anyway, I think there are too many factors to make a general blanket type of fan rule.

For instance, I grew up in Cleveland but was never a fan of college football, let alone Ohio State.
I became a fan of the game when the Miami Hurricanes started their dominating run.
I think fanship is more about staying with your chosen team through thick and thin vs having to pick the team you live closest to.

Ohio St > Miami

:nod:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my case my whole family our Die Hard Lakers fans, so when I was 5 years old my Dad started taking me to Lakers games & we pass it on from generation to generation in our family. Jim Doors is a fake ass & pussy Knick fan, who hops on Lebrons dick & it's a fact. This is not about the Heat fans right now at least. :nod:

Cool.
The way I took it was that you became a fan because of whatever you liked about the 87 team, which is fine.
I agree, for sure that some kids grow up passionate because of the generations ahead of them.

That's not always the case though, and that is why I say to each there own.
Just stay with your team through thick and thin.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^THIS^^^ especially the bolded part. Been a Lakers, USC and Dodgers fans for 44+ years. Moved out of state a couple of times, but stayed a fan of all 3. Even when they're down, I don't miss a game.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done watching the 30 for 30 documentary "Bad Boys" on Netflix. I think the MJ's Bulls would sweep LBJ's Heat. But I think if the Heat was able to face the same physical game (rules allowed it a lot more then than they do now), they may be able to really compete.

Michael Jordan's first few years, the Pistons beat him up and bullied him physically and the Bulls could not beat Pistons in a series. Then when MJ became too good and Scottie Pippen started coming to have a major role, the Pistons beat up and bullied him physically. Once Pippen became too good, Pistons has nothing on the Bulls.

I see Miami Heat being just as talented, but the Bulls had to overcome more physical abuse to get to the top that I think it gives them a big edge. I think players like LBJ or Dwayne Wade would have taken the abuse from the Pistons and then come back the next time better.

So, I think the LBJ's Heat would lose to the MJ's Bulls, but I think it is mainly because the talent is very similar, but MJ's Bulls had to overcome a lot more to be as good as they were. If the Heat had gone through similar beatings, I would consider it very close.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St > Miami

:nod:

Whatever.
Buckeyes have been better, but Buckeye fans hated Urban when he was coaching Florida.
Talk about hypocrites.

Anyway, to be accurate, the Canes have been pretty bad, but the Buckeyes pretty much beat up on the sisters of the poor.

Your list of quality wins isn't much longer then ours lately.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done watching the 30 for 30 documentary "Bad Boys" on Netflix. I think the MJ's Bulls would sweep LBJ's Heat. But I think if the Heat was able to face the same physical game (rules allowed it a lot more then than they do now), they may be able to really compete.

Michael Jordan's first few years, the Pistons beat him up and bullied him physically and the Bulls could not beat Pistons in a series. Then when MJ became too good and Scottie Pippen started coming to have a major role, the Pistons beat up and bullied him physically. Once Pippen became too good, Pistons has nothing on the Bulls.

I see Miami Heat being just as talented, but the Bulls had to overcome more physical abuse to get to the top that I think it gives them a big edge. I think players like LBJ or Dwayne Wade would have taken the abuse from the Pistons and then come back the next time better.

So, I think the LBJ's Heat would lose to the MJ's Bulls, but I think it is mainly because the talent is very similar, but MJ's Bulls had to overcome a lot more to be as good as they were. If the Heat had gone through similar beatings, I would consider it very close.

So.....the fact that the Pistons would cheap shot Jordan is what made them better?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....the fact that the Pistons would cheap shot Jordan is what made them better?

From what it seemed like in the documentary, I think it made MJ and Pippen a lot better. They found out they weren't physical enough, which was what MJ and Pippen said in the documentary, and worked their butts off to be too strong for Pistons defense. If there was a team just as cheap and as good as the Pistons were, I think the Heat would be better than them, but would need a few years to be pushed around.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember 01, but I also remember 00 and 02 as well when the Lakers were pushed to the brink in the first round against an 8th seeded Kings team, 7 games against Portland and 7 games against the Kings

Point is...we're not talking about Lakers vs Scrub Finals team. We're talking about a team who has made it to 4 consecutive finals. Now you're entitled to your opinion that your Lakers would beat the Heat, but to think that the Heat would stand no chance is pretty silly.
But my point is, they dominated the entire west for an entire playoff. You said that they never ran through anybody....and if we're gonna do that full comparison about scrub Finals teams, you have to take into account what teams they had to beat to get there. Those portland and sacramento teams were GREAT. Just go look at the roster of the 99-2000 Blazers, they were LOADED. The 2002 Kings were LOADED with one of the best rosters as well....and obviously San Antonio was San antonio. Now I'm not saying that the Lakers would run through the Heat. I think they could make it pretty competitive....but look, that 2000 Shaq was the most unstoppable player I've ever seen. So, I'd take the Lakers in an pretty good series

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for the Bulls/Heat debate...what era are we playing in? I couldn't find myself betting against Mike but the rules were SO different between the early 90's and 2000's

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks fan first and foremost. Have been for many years. Once they don't make the playoffs or get knocked out. I root for and against whoever I want to.

I didn't start liking the Knicks cause they won a title in 1973.

You on the other hand, did exactly that with the Lakers. Lemme guess, LA Kings fan since 2012?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks fan first and foremost. Have been for many years. Once they don't make the playoffs or get knocked out. I root for and against whoever I want to.

I didn't start liking the Knicks cause they won a title in 1973.

You on the other hand, did exactly that with the Lakers. Lemme guess, LA Kings fan since 2012?

Nope been a Kings fan since the early 90's & played hockey when I was a kid, My favorite Kings of all time were Rob Blake & Marty McSorley. I was also a huge fan of Eric Lindros, Brett Hull, Paul Coffey & Brendan Shanahan. I still have my old Autograph Brett Hull Easton hockey stick.

Nice try, now let real men & fans talk.

Next......

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Ray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steve Kerr

Well of course you think that. You know more than Phil Jackson, Pat Reily and Larry Bird combined. Me, I will take the guy with the better stroke from all over the court.

Kerr 3P%-.454, 2P%-.494
Allen 3P%-.400, 2P% -.485

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope been a Kings fan since the early 90's & played hockey when I was a kid, My favorite Kings of all time were Rob Blake & Marty McSorley. I was also a huge fan of Eric Lindros, Brett Hull, Paul Coffey & Brendan Shanahan. I still have my old Autograph Brett Hull Easton hockey stick.

Nice try, now let real men & fans talk.

Next......
They have rinks in Mexico?

Maybe you'll be treated like one when you start acting like one. Real men don't constantly talk about dick sucking.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have rinks in Mexico?

Maybe you'll be treated like one when you start acting like one. Real men don't constantly talk about dick sucking.

Maybe you should try going there, since you like sucking on them so much. I mean you already have the perfect spanish words to tell them (Hey Chico). I'm pretty sure they will like that & you will get in the ass, just how you like it fag. :rofl:

Next.....

Too easy, I need someone who can give me a challenge at smack talking. :yawning:

Last edited by a moderator: