• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically worse offender of cupcake sched

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way LawDawg, answer my question: Why does Saban feel the necessity to defend the OOC schedule of the SEC?

god, you are dumb. The OP is about the most historically worse OOC. You said the entire SEC schedules horrible OOC. I pointed out that for many teams in the SEC that is not true. That can't be denied. You continue to try to shift the argument. I don't even know the quote you are talking about, but it is relevant to the discussion.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer the question...

How about you answer this question............................Why does OOC schedule matter so much, if your IC schedule makes your overall schedule one of the toughest in the nation?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read the definition of cherry picking. You keep selecting info and ignoring other info. While they scheduled those teams, they also play a H&A against Penn State, played Michigan, VaTech and others.

If you want to cherry pick, your team's OOC sucks because you have scheduled:

Hawaii
Utah State
Boston College
Minnesota
San Jose State

but you also schedule other tough teams.

Get over your anti-SEC envy.

Add to that getting to play Washington St every year.............oh wait :lol:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone would agree that eliminating fcs scheduling and everyone going to a 9 game conference schedule would be in the best interest of all.

The SEC is talking about going to a 9 game conference schedule, the B1G is eliminating fcs scheduling soon. Both moves should be applauded.

We have a half assed playoff around the corner.

Things are getting better, not worse in regards to this topic.

:suds:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, and rightly so, many SEC coaches are not on the bandwagon for a nine game conference schedule. With the SEC as strong as it is, many good, even very good SEC teams, could get knocked out of BCS bowl consideration with loses to other good SEC teams. Which argues for a true playoff system at the FBS level.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you answer this question............................Why does OOC schedule matter so much, if your IC schedule makes your overall schedule one of the toughest in the nation?

Still waiting.................................

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I answered that in one of my posts above.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But just in case.....it's obvious that the SEC's OOC schedule has impacted their ability to prove itself as the premier conference right now. However, I think many CFB fans would like to see the SEC get out their and schedule some OOC regular season games against teams like ND, Big Ten, Pac12, etc.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But just in case.....it's obvious that the SEC's OOC schedule has impacted their ability to prove itself as the premier conference right now. However, I think many CFB fans would like to see the SEC get out their and schedule some OOC regular season games against teams like ND, Big Ten, Pac12, etc.

So, are you suggesting that SEC teams should just volunteer, with a smile on their face, to make their overall schedules even more tougher than the rest of you?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is it? Which program seems to always schedule weak OOC opponents?

Here are a few off the top of my head that I recall seem to always have a very weak OOC.

-Florida
-Missouri
-Kansas State
-Arizona State
Missouri has a tough schedule every year regardless of OOC. :stfu:

There was about a 4-5 year stretch where we scheduled Illinois in the first game when people thought Illinois might be good in those years and then padded the other games with cupcakes.

Seriously, though, where is the thread where a computer picked Missouri to win like 2 games this year based on their schedule? I didn't agree with that thread but its out there.

Kansas St built the model for improving your team through cupcakes. Many have followed.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah AZ isnt even close. And all we can really go by is FCS scheduling in the FBS/FCS era. Mid-majors get just as many scholarships as the AQ schools.

I'll tell you who it is (out of AQ teams). It's wake forest. They have scheduled a whopping 36 fcs schools in the era.

Teams from the ACC and the AAC dominate the worst offenders list.

Ok, point taken...the list needs better parameters...maybe teams with 2 8 win or better seasons in the last decade...or team with the best record and worst OOC schedule...no, lol that might be Bama after a few more winning seasons.

Picking Wake Forest is a little bit like throwing Vandy under the bus though. Can you blame them or most AAC teams for that matter. It makes it difficult to recruit players/fans/money if you keep going 0-12. Although I've got to admit 36 is pretty impressive, pretty much one every year since '78. On a personal note I'm ok with picking Wake Forest as #1 worst offender...I was a freshman fullback on one of those payday teams they brought in during that stretch in the late 80's...we lost.

Conference USA, MWC, Sun Belt and MAC teams don't make the list because they are being everybody's patsy. So the worst offenders are always going to come from the also rans in every AQ conference....or a conference of also rans...AAC.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is it? Which program seems to always schedule weak OOC opponents?

Here are a few off the top of my head that I recall seem to always have a very weak OOC.

-Florida
-Missouri
-Kansas State
-Arizona State

I don't know where you're getting that from :noidea:

Last year was the first time in a while we didn't play a ranked team OOC. The last few years we've played top 10 Wisconsin, ranked Georgia twice, and ranked Mizzou. This century we played a ranked team OOC 8 times and haven't played one 5 times. We have games against LSU and Notre Dame scheduled in the future, and this year have a top 5 OOC SOS.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone would agree that eliminating fcs scheduling and everyone going to a 9 game conference schedule would be in the best interest of all.

The SEC is talking about going to a 9 game conference schedule, the B1G is eliminating fcs scheduling soon. Both moves should be applauded.

We have a half assed playoff around the corner.

Things are getting better, not worse in regards to this topic.

:suds:

I welcome a 9 game conference schedule...of course I would welcome A&M and Missouri going back to the Big 12 too...I'm just getting to the point of tolerating USC and Arkansas...I'm a bit set in my ways, lol.

One question for the group though...Do you think eliminating these FCS teams from the schedules leads to the growth of 2nd tier FBS conferences...it seems like a lot of these FCS teams that get scheduled are trying to make the jump to FBS...does this hinder that? or accelerate it? I mean, Conf-USA is already 16 teams. Do teams like South Dakota St, Towson, Georgia Southern and Eastern Washington make the jump sooner now or does this make it harder for them.