• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically worse offender of cupcake sched

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pac12 as a conference has nothing to worry about. USC, UCLA and until recently UW never scheduled FCS teams. Thats more than any other team in the country can say other than ND who along with USC and UCLA still have not scheduled an fcs school.

The worst offender is not in the pac12, not even close. I'm pretty sure I know who it is but won't cast stones until the conversation is better defined.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't the one who started this thread with an idiotic statement that was quickly proven to be false. Even Saban has had to defend the SEC cupcake OOC schedule in the recent past.

Lol...a quick perusal of the thread posts would lead me to believe that one poster has made the majority of the idiotic statements...and it wasn't the original poor misguided OD.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been owned. Read the link I've posted. Pop a beer and try to look intelligent with your useless statement.

You find one article that states the obvious ... we shouldn't schedule FCS teams, and that with only 8 conference games we will have to schedule better when the new playoff takes SOS into consideration. That is owning someone. LOL, moron. So, one writer in Orlando is the end all be all of your life? Next thing you know you will be listing Bleacher Report articles for proof.

But you still won't go and look at the SEC teams I mentioned. Go back to the kiddies table, and let the adults talk OOCs.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has scheduled Colorado St. this year along with Chattanooga. Saban has to defend the SEC's scheduling of FCS schools. Nothing like the facts to piss off a good ol' boy. LOL

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has scheduled Colorado St. this year along with Chattanooga. Saban has to defend the SEC's scheduling of FCS schools. Nothing like the facts to piss off a good ol' boy. LOL

I don't see anything wrong with scheduling teams like that. It provides an excellent opportunity for a team's second, third, and fourth strings to get in some playing time against an opponent. And the opponent gets a chance to play a very good football team, possibly setting them up for success in later games from lessons learned.

Most of the non-starters will spend the season warming benches, and you never know when an injury, suspension, ejection, or something else will force one of them to step in for a starter. How many times have we seen an otherwise-good team hamstrung because of the loss of one critical player?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with an FBS school scheduling an FCS school. The FCS schools make good money off of it. But it's funny how SEC fans get bent out of shape when they are called on the fact that their OOC schedules have historically been against cupcake schools. In the past three years, Bama has played Western Carolina, Western Kentucky, San Jose State and North Texas.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't the one who started this thread. Dawg boy comes in with an idiotic statement that was quickly proven to be false. Even Saban has had to defend the SEC cupcake OOC schedule in the recent past.

You haven't proven anything I said is wrong. You paint the entire SEC as having a terrible OOC. That is you painting with a broad brush. I said to you, go look at UGa, Bama, UF, LSU, and a few others, and specifically said don't cherry pick a year ... the post was started as an historical discussion. What do you do? You not only cherry pick one year, you cherry pick 2 games from one year, ignoring one game against a top 5 ranked OOC team, and another against an AQ team that is favored to win one of the ACC divisions. A couple other posters pointed out how dumb that was.

You've done nothing but show how shallow your knowledge of college football is, and an inability to cogent arguments. Move along, son.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was cherry picking, why did Saban feel the need to publicly defend the SEC's schedule???

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pac12 as a conference has nothing to worry about. USC, UCLA and until recently UW never scheduled FCS teams. Thats more than any other team in the country can say other than ND who along with USC and UCLA still have not scheduled an fcs school.

The worst offender is not in the pac12, not even close. I'm pretty sure I know who it is but won't cast stones until the conversation is better defined.

Wholeheartedly agree with the first part of this statement...although not scheduling an FCS team doesn't mean you can't schedule a shitty team...or vice versa based on this year's results.

The Pac-12 as a whole has done a better job than any other conference with OOC scheduling, but that doesn't mean all of them are there. I'm not sure that either Arizona team is not in the hunt for at least a top 10 stop on the OP's list of worst offenders.

Whille I pointed out that OP was standing in a house of dubious construction when he started pitching pebbles at some other teams, I don't think Oregon is in the top 10...but that doesn't make them a good scheduling team either...Nor is my team.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look

Another SOS argument thread.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything wrong with scheduling teams like that. It provides an excellent opportunity for a team's second, third, and fourth strings to get in some playing time against an opponent. And the opponent gets a chance to play a very good football team, possibly setting them up for success in later games from lessons learned.

Most of the non-starters will spend the season warming benches, and you never know when an injury, suspension, ejection, or something else will force one of them to step in for a starter. How many times have we seen an otherwise-good team hamstrung because of the loss of one critical player?

dude we are talking about having an FCS team, the worst FBS team (which has lost to 3 FCS teams already)

thats terrible. you could easily have those same 3rd or 4th stringers play against the likes of usf or army

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wholeheartedly agree with the first part of this statement...although not scheduling an FCS team doesn't mean you can't schedule a shitty team...or vice versa based on this year's results.

The Pac-12 as a whole has done a better job than any other conference with OOC scheduling, but that doesn't mean all of them are there. I'm not sure that either Arizona team is not in the hunt for at least a top 10 stop on the OP's list of worst offenders.

Whille I pointed out that OP was standing in a house of dubious construction when he started pitching pebbles at some other teams, I don't think Oregon is in the top 10...but that doesn't make them a good scheduling team either...Nor is my team.

Nah AZ isnt even close. And all we can really go by is FCS scheduling in the FBS/FCS era. Mid-majors get just as many scholarships as the AQ schools.

I'll tell you who it is (out of AQ teams). It's wake forest. They have scheduled a whopping 36 fcs schools in the era.

Teams from the ACC and the AAC dominate the worst offenders list.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was cherry picking, why did Saban feel the need to publicly defend the SEC's schedule???

If this statement makes sense to you than I'm afraid there is no cure for stupid. The fact that you a cherry picking is completely unrelated to anything Saban did or didn't say.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with an FBS school scheduling an FCS school. The FCS schools make good money off of it. But it's funny how SEC fans get bent out of shape when they are called on the fact that their OOC schedules have historically been against cupcake schools. In the past three years, Bama has played Western Carolina, Western Kentucky, San Jose State and North Texas.

Go read the definition of cherry picking. You keep selecting info and ignoring other info. While they scheduled those teams, they also play a H&A against Penn State, played Michigan, VaTech and others.

If you want to cherry pick, your team's OOC sucks because you have scheduled:

Hawaii
Utah State
Boston College
Minnesota
San Jose State

but you also schedule other tough teams.

Get over your anti-SEC envy.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude we are talking about having an FCS team, the worst FBS team (which has lost to 3 FCS teams already)

thats terrible. you could easily have those same 3rd or 4th stringers play against the likes of usf or army

Both the teams you named are also considered by many (if not most) to be cupcake teams from year to year, so that's a pretty weak point. My point was and remains that scheduling weak teams is an excellent opportunity to get playing time for non-starters - which is what Bama did against CSU yesterday.

That stated, don't do what Michigan did a few years back, underestimating such teams - and subsequently lose to one of them.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC doesn't schedule FCS schools. Utah St. finished #16 last year at 11-2. Continue your fails...it's quite amusing.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way LawDawg, answer my question: Why does Saban feel the necessity to defend the OOC schedule of the SEC?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC doesn't schedule FCS schools. Utah St. finished #16 last year at 11-2. Continue your fails...it's quite amusing.

I just listed the loser teams you schedule OOC, no matter they aren't FCS schools. Is that your argument now? Do you have problems with shiny objects. We've shown what a moron you are with your cherry picking, so now it's all about the FCS schools. Keep shifting the discussion if that makes you feel good.