• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Fast forward

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where you said you were 3 or so years away from competing. You know your team better than I, but I think your defense is very underrated. You already have a dominate DL. That is half of winning the trenches. Don't know how your O-line is, but once you control the trenches. it is just about fine tuning. I think if the rams draft right they could be a player in the playoffs real soon. With the position the rams are for this coming draft alone. Your team could make great strides this coming season. Again I was impressed with the 2nd half of the season of what your defense did. You may need a couple players sure. But like I said you draft will be key.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we're 3 years away. The defense is good but the offense is a huge question. Our LG is mediocre but is now a FA. The C is decent but injured, aging, and overpaid at $6M. He'll be gone. The RG is much the same at $4M. He'll be gone. Saffold has been a very good player but management has messed him around and refused to extend him. He's a FA and he'll be gone. LT Long has finished the season on IR for the 3rd straight year. He's 50-50 at this point to be ready for next year with an ACL injury. He might retire. The RT has been great in 2013 but he was a #4 OT in 2012. Bradford is on IR after knee surgery. We don't have a 700 yard receiver and the 'star' RB has come from nowhere. He has limitations and an injury history. He could be gone just as quickly. We might be a top 12 offense next year but it won't shock me if we're 32nd.
Financially we're not in Cowboys bad shape but we've spent already spent $42M of the 2014 budget to pay 2013 salaries. There's a lot of optimism but it could blow up very badly very quickly.