• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HEY! B1G Ten!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, please. If your refs were as biased against you as ours were, you would have lost to Akron by 17 points. But please act all high and mighty.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"OSU will have basically a cakewalk to an undefeated season and there is no way they deserve it"

Sox33OSU,

I apologize -- I didn't realize I never completed my thought there. It was supposed to include a trip to the NC game, before the 'not deserving it' comment. My bad.

I just think OSU is a top 8-10 team, but have the luxury of playing in the B1G, which is not very good these days. That is just my opinion though.

As I said -- if by some stroke of luck, UM went undefeated, I would be saying the same thing about them not deserving to be in the National Championship game. The B1G is just really down right now for whatever reason.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did beat Arizona State. If you saw the game, you'd know that.

the scoreboard says otherwise. that is all that matters at the end of the day. unless the NCAA makes an unprecedented ruling and makes the teams go back and kick the field goal -- it is a loss.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, please. If your refs were as biased against you as ours were, you would have lost to Akron by 17 points. But please act all high and mighty.

how am i acting all high and mighty? i've been the first one to say how pathetic UM looked and i've been on this site saying they don't even deserve to be in the top 25. yet somehow that makes me 'high and mighty'?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox33OSU,

I apologize -- I didn't realize I never completed my thought there. It was supposed to include a trip to the NC game, before the 'not deserving it' comment. My bad.

I just think OSU is a top 8-10 team, but have the luxury of playing in the B1G, which is not very good these days. That is just my opinion though.

As I said -- if by some stroke of luck, UM went undefeated, I would be saying the same thing about them not deserving to be in the National Championship game. The B1G is just really down right now for whatever reason.

Meh, no worries. I guess you can call it how you want. We have 4 teams ranked in both polls, and in the poll that matters (Coaches), we have the 26th and 27th, as well. By year's end, the B1G will likely end with 5-6 ranked teams. The SEC is clearly better, and I'd say the PAC is better, but the B1G is definitely 3rd. You can make the argument obviously that Bama and Oregon will deserve it over us, and I'd agree. Clemson will because they'll have beaten FSU, SCar and UGA. Otherwise, we're still in the pecking order. It's also gonna be hard to keep a team out that is 13-0 and riding a 25-game winning streak. It all depends on how we look through the rest of the season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, no worries. I guess you can call it how you want. We have 4 teams ranked in both polls, and in the poll that matters (Coaches), we have the 26th and 27th, as well. By year's end, the B1G will likely end with 5-6 ranked teams. The SEC is clearly better, and I'd say the PAC is better, but the B1G is definitely 3rd. You can make the argument obviously that Bama and Oregon will deserve it over us, and I'd agree. Clemson will because they'll have beaten FSU, SCar and UGA. Otherwise, we're still in the pecking order. It's also gonna be hard to keep a team out that is 13-0 and riding a 25-game winning streak. It all depends on how we look through the rest of the season.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think playing in the B1G actually hurts OSU. If they were in the SEC or Pac-12, they would have games where they could prove their worth on the field.

As it stands right now -- OSU is in a class of its own in the B1G (and you know how much it irks me to say that as a UM fan). After OSU, the B1G has a handful of competitive teams, but none that are national powers.

That is the only reason for my statements. I think OSU is a top 10 team and the best team in the B1G. Their problem is going to be -- the other top teams will have had signature wins against big time programs.

In reality (though I don't see it happening) -- UM could win all their games up to the OSU game and both teams could be ranked in the top 5. I still wouldn't call it a signature win, as there is no chance UM is a team who should be ranked anywhere near the top 5. But with the B1G being weak this year -- it is a possibility.

Imagine if UM were to beat OSU and go undefeated?!? To take it step further -- what if UM was 1 of only 2 teams to be undefeated. Do you think UM would deserve to be in the National Championship game?!?! I don't. They almost lost to frickin' AKRON.

I'm a die hard UM fan and even though UM got a win on a saturday -- it was an absolute embarrassment, not only to UM, but a black eye for the B1G.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did beat Arizona State. If you saw the game, you'd know that.

That field goal was anything but guaranteed... And we played like shit.

But yea, almost losing to Akron at home is nothing to get fired up about. I am disappointed that Hoke was so excited about it. Lloyd Carr would have stared his players down in the locker room for about an hour. Bo would have screamed them to tears.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the scoreboard says otherwise. that is all that matters at the end of the day. unless the NCAA makes an unprecedented ruling and makes the teams go back and kick the field goal -- it is a loss.

I'm sorry but the only thing the NCAA decides is who wins their trophy. If most people think we were robbed of a win (and they do), it might as well be a win. You are on a site which values their own rankings over BCS rankings, so i'd figured you would understand that.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so,

~ Bucky copped the bum's rush for not destroying ASU beyond officiating's ability to play a decisive role...
~ The Illini's bubble burst in Soldier Field...
~ The Nitts (and their adoring media spinsters) ran straight into the reality wall...
~ Wolverine hubris suffered (we're sure, only temporarily) at the hands of the unpretentious Zips...and
~ Husker Nation staggered off their home field naked, exposed.

Everybody else did what everybody everywhere expected.
All in all, a surprisingly unsurprising weekend.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so,

~ Bucky copped the bum's rush for not destroying ASU beyond officiating's ability to play a decisive role...
~ The Illini's bubble burst in Soldier Field...
~ The Nitts (and their adoring media spinsters) ran straight into the reality wall...
~ Wolverine hubris suffered (we're sure, only temporarily) at the hands of the unpretentious Zips...and
~ Husker Nation staggered off their home field naked, exposed.

Everybody else did what everybody everywhere expected.
All in all, a surprisingly unsurprising weekend.

I like your rational understanding of the sport. I felt exactly the same way as I watched Saturday unfold. Somehow Purdue always wakes up to give Notre Dame a game, only to fall asleep in the 4th quarter and stay asleep for the remainder of the season.

Business as usual in the B1G. Hopefully that means we can get our shit together and win it again. :D

Yea yea, I know, last year was a joke.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 games b/t the B1G and PAC turned out about how I expected them to. I had Wisky and tOSU winning and Illinois and Neb losing. Played out just like that except for some terrible refereeing in the Wisky game.

I was somewhat surprised to see Iowa beat ISU and a little surprised to see PSU lose too.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but the only thing the NCAA decides is who wins their trophy. If most people think we were robbed of a win (and they do), it might as well be a win. You are on a site which values their own rankings over BCS rankings, so i'd figured you would understand that.

You can continue to harp about being 'robbed of a win', but in the end, Wisconsin is still 2-1. If Wisconsin goes undefeated the rest of the way -- they aren't going to say, lets put them in the NC game, because they didn't really lose to ASU.

Once again -- I'm not trying to be high and mighty -- Just telling you the facts. A loss is a loss.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan, PSU, and Brasky tore down the B1G this past weekend. I won't say Wisky bc they went into Arizona St and should of won---which might be worse---but still think they didn't.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's September 29th where I am. Are you familiar with time zones?

I apologize about that. I didn't realize you were in the UK and the game was at 8 here. I just saw Wisconsin, White Sox, Bears as your teams and figured you were in the Midwest. Sorry about that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan, PSU, and Brasky tore down the B1G this past weekend. I won't say Wisky bc they went into Arizona St and should of won---which might be worse---but still think they didn't.

ABSOLUTELY. UM was an embarrassment. At least with PSU and Nebraska, they played teams with some talent. What UM did on the field was atrocious and even though it was a "win" -- it felt worse than pretty much any loss they have had in recent years.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

And I felt the same way after OSU let Buffalo look good. NW was in a competitive game vs WMU and MSU routed a lower division team. The bottom line is until the B1G can win big OOC games and beat the SEC in bowl games we are still looking up.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your rational understanding of the sport. I felt exactly the same way as I watched Saturday unfold. Somehow Purdue always wakes up to give Notre Dame a game, only to fall asleep in the 4th quarter and stay asleep for the remainder of the season.
Business as usual in the B1G.

Truth to tell, I felt badly for Bucky, the Illini, Nitts and Huskers going down this weekend; but must admit to a touch of schadenfreude watching ND and Michigan barely stumble to butt-ugly wins over vastly inferior opponents.

One more ooc (good luck everybody!), then it's family squabbling for the rest of the season. I'm just hoping MSU still has a good seat at the B1G table come next Sunday.

Sparty On