• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here come the Colts...

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really nice here in Denver today, with temperatures in the low 50's. Supposed to be pretty nice all week and Sunday is still being forecast around 40 degrees at game time. That could easily go up or down 10 degrees or so.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go by the general NFL board the broncos are going to get beat this weekend. Some have cited Manning, which is weird because the colts are weak against the run and the broncos have been running very well. I don't think we will need to rely on Manning.

I bet we see something new from this team this week. Not quite sure but I think the offense comes out with some new wrinkles.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go by the general NFL board the broncos are going to get beat this weekend. Some have cited Manning, which is weird because the colts are weak against the run and the broncos have been running very well. I don't think we will need to rely on Manning.

I bet we see something new from this team this week. Not quite sure but I think the offense comes out with some new wrinkles.

Maybe throwing the ball to Virgil Green? I know he's a great blocker, but he seems to have good hands and everyone expects the Broncos to run the ball when he's out there. I think a play action pass to Virgil down the seam early in the game could give the Colts more to defend when he's out there, and they can't just assume we're going to run it.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've read some posts that predict a Denver loss. Also read posts that range from a narrow Broncos win to winning in a blowout. Doesn't matter, of course. Everyone is just guessing.

My guess is that the Indy defense doesn't look nearly as capable as it did against the Bengals without Green and Gresham.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe throwing the ball to Virgil Green? I know he's a great blocker, but he seems to have good hands and everyone expects the Broncos to run the ball when he's out there. I think a play action pass to Virgil down the seam early in the game could give the Colts more to defend when he's out there, and they can't just assume we're going to run it.

I like that idea. Can't remember who it was or in what thread, but someone here wrote about the desirability of dual-threat TE who doesn't tip the offense's hand whether a run or pass is forthcoming. Also why I worry more about defending Duane Allen than I do Fleener.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a Broncos blowout. I wish the Pats were playing the Colts.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it. I really would like to get Virgil Green involved in the passing game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing is when Virgil Green was entering the draft the biggest knock on him was that he wasn't a great blocker but was a great receiving threat. So I actually have been surprised we haven't used him a bit more but maybe we have been holding back just a bit to have a few more things to cause defenses to have to worry about with this offense. I do like the idea of a play action pass to Virgil down the seem as that is classic Peyton to Clark type play. The other wrinkle that we have shown a few times this year that I really like is that of Wes Welker doing the fake pick play then running deep down the side line. We did this against San Fran earlier in the year and then against Oakland we had him run like he was setting a pick to only then do a reverse slant across the middle for a huge gain. Teams just don't seem to expect this one to happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now not sure how many of you actually care about this part of the game but the officials for the Broncos game have been announced. Not sure how many of you read MileHighReport but they actually had an article that there is an official named Vinovich that Manning is 0-6 when he is the head referee for the game. He was the official for the 2012 Divisional game that we all know had some very controversial calls. He also was in on the Chargers Thursday night win last season against us. Then for this season he was part of the Seahawks overtime win against us and then the Bengals win just a couple of weeks ago. Manning had him twice when he was a Colt. Anyway all that to say the Broncos do not have him for the Divisional Round but have Bill Leavy as the head ref. His claim to fame I guess you could say is being the official that made some of the controversial calls in the first Seahawks Super Bowl against the Steelers. The Broncos though are 1-0 with him as the ref since Manning took over and the Colts are 0-3.

Just as a side note Vinovich is actually the head referee of the Patriots/Ravens playoff game.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B6iQn5yIEAIb3K6.jpg:large

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling he`s prob a Pats fan and we all know how much they hate and fear the Broncos. Just kiddin BK:)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting more anxious about the game after reading a piece by Lindsey Jones in which she claims that getting Julius Thomas on track is the key to our offense. I can certainly see the value in that, but would it come at the expense of the running game? Would love to see a nicely balanced attack that produces lots of points while still running a lot clock.

Also heard a commentator say that Luck doesn't really have many weapons other than Hilton, since Wayne is hobbled. I'm not so sure about that, since I think that Nicks, Moncrief, Allen, Fleener, and the RBs Herron, and Tipton as receivers are all potentially dangerous. Hope the defense can hold them under twenty points.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea how the Ravens / Pats fair against Vinovich?

I honestly am not sure...I do know he reffed 1 game each for the Ravens and Patriots earlier this year as the head judge and the Patriots won theirs while the Ravens lost theirs. Both games were blow outs so hard to read too much into either of those.

On a good note for the Broncos Orlando Franklin is back at practice after clearing concussion protocols.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos practicing outside today with it being around 15 degrees in Denver. The best news I have heard all week is every single Bronco not on IR is actually practicing today. Franklin and Bruton have passed concussion protocol. The media at the first part of practice said Manning is looking much better running around and that his throws have been on point.

They also said that Brandon Marshall looks really good running around and does not look like he is favoring his injured foot at all. So looks like this bye week was just what the doctored ordered for all these guys. Haven't heard anything on how Julius Thomas is looking though. He is the one that if he can actually get healed up could be huge in the playoffs since nobody seems to be expecting anything from him anymore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to give you an idea of how long it has been since everybody on the 53-man roster actually practiced in the same day it was October 3rd the last time this happened for the Broncos. If you are looking at our schedule that was week 5 of the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first official injury report for the week came out. Everybody was full at practice except for Marshall who was considered limited but still very much expected to play. Ramirez did go home with sickness today though.

For the Colts D'Qwell Jackson, Muamba Henoc, and Greg Toler did not practice today. Jackson it was just considered a day of rest so most likely playing but Toler and Muamba could be up in the air for this week.

Limited for the Colts were Jerrell Freeman, Jonotthan Harrison, Andrew Jackson, Erik Walden, and A.Q. Shipley.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this Colts team remind anyone else of the 80's / early 90's Elway led Broncos? To me Luck really reminds me of Elway in so many ways.

Anything can happen in the playoffs especially if Luck gets hot. I can only see a couple of units where Indy is better than Denver.

O-Line, push
Wr's (including TE's) advantage Denver
RB's, advantage Denver
QB, Manning, homer pick but probably a push

D-Line, advantage Denver
LB's, advantage Denver
DB's, advantage Denver

FG's, advantage Indy
Punting, advantage Indy

Home field advantage, obviously Denver

Other than Luck just taking the game over I can't see an Indy win. Denver is the better team, they are very hungry and at home.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this Colts team remind anyone else of the 80's / early 90's Elway led Broncos? To me Luck really reminds me of Elway in so many ways.

I am a little too young to remember the broncos of the 80's and early 90's. They do remind me of the same colts teams post Addai and James. Mediocre defense, only a QB for offense. You know, the same team Manning had when Irsay said he should have won more.

I think the colts will not go quietly but if the broncos show up they will win. I believe, each team playing to their potential, the broncos are better. I am still a little nervous though. I guess that is playoffs for you.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the colts will not go quietly but if the broncos show up they will win. I believe, each team playing to their potential, the broncos are better. I am still a little nervous though. I guess that is playoffs for you.

It's the NFL in general. A savvy fan respects any opponent, especially a playoff opponent.