• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here come the Colts...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Image-10-4-13-at-9.49-PM-500x375.png

Holy Crap, I didn't know there were any Colts fans on SportsHoopla!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now everyone in Denver is saying that the Broncos can't beat the Patriots unless the Raven "soften" them up.

No one said that. Way to read what you want.

Everyone's tossing pennies in the fountain wishing for the Ravens to beat the Patriots.??

Not tossing pennies but I would be happy if the ravens beat the pats. I would much rather have the AFCCG in Denver. All sane fan would want homefield advantage.

Are you guys serious?? You're all saying that the Broncos can't go to Foxboro and win against the Patriots unless the Raven injure a few players?? I hope the Pats destroy the Ravens without as much a sore muscle. I can't believe what I'm reading in here.

No one said anything about injuring players. The pats playing a tough hard fought game and won with no injuries is what we are asking for. May leave the pats emotionally drained or any other number of intangible effects.

BigKen, you are sounding like a seahawks fan with this over-sensitive BS. You are welcome to leave if you have issues with comments on the BRONCOS board.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said that. Way to read what you want.

Not tossing pennies but I would be happy if the ravens beat the pats. I would much rather have the AFCCG in Denver. All sane fan would want homefield advantage.

No one said anything about injuring players. The pats playing a tough hard fought game and won with no injuries is what we are asking for. May leave the pats emotionally drained or any other number of intangible effects.

BigKen, you are sounding like a seahawks fan with this over-sensitive BS. You are welcome to leave if you have issues with comments on the BRONCOS board.

:10::agree:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so some updates for the week. The Broncos for the first time in a very very long time had every single player not on IR out on the field for practice. Only two players were without a helmet today those being Orlando Franklin and David Bruton who are still in concussion protocol but both expected to be a go for this upcoming weekend. Brandon Marshall and TJ Ward were both back out practicing with helmets and teammates thought they both looked really good. Manning and the receivers as well after taking most of last week off were back on the field.

So for once we can actually be excited about the injury list that will come out as I expect it to look much more promising than the last 2 months of the season have looked.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so some updates for the week. The Broncos for the first time in a very very long time had every single player not on IR out on the field for practice. Only two players were without a helmet today those being Orlando Franklin and David Bruton who are still in concussion protocol but both expected to be a go for this upcoming weekend. Brandon Marshall and TJ Ward were both back out practicing with helmets and teammates thought they both looked really good. Manning and the receivers as well after taking most of last week off were back on the field.

So for once we can actually be excited about the injury list that will come out as I expect it to look much more promising than the last 2 months of the season have looked.

Good news for sure.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No excuses this Sunday. The Broncos will be as healthy as they've been all year and the weather looks like a non-factor. All of the pre-season moves, training camp, pre-season, the regular season.....it all comes down to this. The Broncos gotta win! First take care of business with the Colts and be ready to play the game of their lives in an AFCCG. We can't win the Superbowl, if we don't get there. I like the fact that Denver now seems to be one of the teams that many are counting out. Time to fire up that high powered offense and show the world how a shutdown defense can perform as well. This fan is counting on our coaching staff to have a really good game plan. Can't wait until Sunday. Go Broncos!

MH64

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just practicing my pre-game rant a little early....:whistle:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice MileHigh64! Listening to players talk today they seem very refreshed and ready for this week. Chris Harris said this is the best he has felt all season so I'm hoping they actually have a very tough week of practices to get the bye week relaxation out of them. I was listening to Joel Dreessen talk last week and he said that Fox actually likes to amp it up a bit during the playoffs or at least more than he thought they should. Now in years past not sure that would have been the best if guys are dinged up but with most guys taking almost all week off I think a bit more contact could be the best thing for this team.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice MileHigh64! Listening to players talk today they seem very refreshed and ready for this week. Chris Harris said this is the best he has felt all season so I'm hoping they actually have a very tough week of practices to get the bye week relaxation out of them. I was listening to Joel Dreessen talk last week and he said that Fox actually likes to amp it up a bit during the playoffs or at least more than he thought they should. Now in years past not sure that would have been the best if guys are dinged up but with most guys taking almost all week off I think a bit more contact could be the best thing for this team.

I'm with you. I would hate to waste the gauntlet schedule that the Broncos had this year in the regular season by falling prey to bye week softness or regression. I'm sure Fox (and Peyton too) will have everyone pretty focused. Remember, this coaching staff was accused on not having the Broncos ready to compete in the Superbowl. I'm sure that hasn't faded from their thoughts.

MH64

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses this Sunday. The Broncos will be as healthy as they've been all year and the weather looks like a non-factor. All of the pre-season moves, training camp, pre-season, the regular season.....it all comes down to this. The Broncos gotta win! First take care of business with the Colts and be ready to play the game of their lives in an AFCCG. We can't win the Superbowl, if we don't get there. I like the fact that Denver now seems to be one of the teams that many are counting out. Time to fire up that high powered offense and show the world how a shutdown defense can perform as well. This fan is counting on our coaching staff to have a really good game plan. Can't wait until Sunday. Go Broncos!

MH64

I couldn't agree more. I think the consensus is the Broncos will beat the Colts, but they are far from the "Super Bowl Contender" discussion and have been all but forgotten about.

I think most pundits, if given a task to rank the remaining 8 teams in terms of likelihood of winning the Super Bowl, would put only the Colts and Panthers below the Broncos. I truly believe most give the Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks, Cowboys and Packers a higher chance. Despite what the Vegas odds makers say. This is a good thing in my opinion. The Broncos just need to take care of business against this Colts team for now. The NFL landscape is going to look vastly different in another week. I expect the Broncos will still be a part of it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Vegas would reflect that at this point as I would highly think about putting money on the Broncos. I think too many are not realizing how long it has been since the Broncos have had a week off to rest up a bit. If anybody would just have taken a look at our weekly injury report it seemed like half the team was on the list with some kind of injury and a good majority of those guys were missing practices throughout the week. That hurts our ability to be consistent. Now that we have had a week to heal up I think you are going to see a very different team come out for the rest of the playoffs. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if we see a little more of the old Julius Thomas this week and maybe he has a repeat of week 1 with 3 touchdown catches. They said that today at practice he looked much more comfortable running around than he has since the injury happened. There is a bit more trust in his ankle so I honestly could see him having a big week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does everybody want the team to start out this game? Would you rather see them come out early and put the pedal to the metal and go the no huddle toss it around a bit or the try to power it up the middle early and often with Anderson establishing our dominance in the game?

I'm a little torn and will cop out to the easy pick and say we come out with the no huddle but run the ball down their throats. This makes them have to keep the same defense on the field and have to play a more vanilla game style as they cannot dial up their blitzes as much. Indy over the course of the season has actually if I remember right blitzed more than any other team in the league so taking them out of their comfort zone and making them go to a more basic set up is what makes sense to me. Any other ideas?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a grammar nazi but you were close actually. It is spelled "quaaludes." Whoever decided on spellings of words in the English language probably was on a few of those when they did it. Having traveled around the world most other countries look at our language and just shake their heads in the stupidity of some of it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does everybody want the team to start out this game? Would you rather see them come out early and put the pedal to the metal and go the no huddle toss it around a bit or the try to power it up the middle early and often with Anderson establishing our dominance in the game?

I'm a little torn and will cop out to the easy pick and say we come out with the no huddle but run the ball down their throats. This makes them have to keep the same defense on the field and have to play a more vanilla game style as they cannot dial up their blitzes as much. Indy over the course of the season has actually if I remember right blitzed more than any other team in the league so taking them out of their comfort zone and making them go to a more basic set up is what makes sense to me. Any other ideas?

As far as the O goes, I would imagine they will try and establish the run at first and see if they see a weakness there but knowing Manning, it will be all about what the D gives him and he`ll exploit that when he can. Love to see them run effectively right out the gates so Manning and the wrs,rbs can have some fun with the deep balls etc.On the D side, since I don`t think Denver is too worried about the Colt run game, I hope Del Rio has some very nice,diguised blitz pkgs for Mr. Luck, early and often. Denver needs to win the field position battle also. Short fields for them and have Andrew backed up to his end zone could very well lead to safety and turnovers.:suds: Looks like weather shouldn`t be a factor so far so should be a great day for football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for those wondering what the weather is supposed to be (Patriot Fans...don't know why you guys seem to care so much about the weather for football as both of our teams play in similar environments with weather all over the place this time of year) it is supposed to be around 40 degrees, cloudy, and winds under 10 mph. So other than being a bit cold looks like a nice day.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for those wondering what the weather is supposed to be (Patriot Fans...don't know why you guys seem to care so much about the weather for football as both of our teams play in similar environments with weather all over the place this time of year) it is supposed to be around 40 degrees, cloudy, and winds under 10 mph. So other than being a bit cold looks like a nice day.

I gotsta beg to disagree on your weather analysis Mr. Dumler. 40 DEGREES is not cold for football players. once it starts getting over 60 ,its hot in all those pads and running,etc. That`s perfect weather for them. Most " seasoned" Colorado fans will tell ya that`s down right balmy this time of year!!! Love the forcast as long as it stays that way. Also, Colorado winters are way dif than NE`s winters. Denver`s is much dryer and NE`s is that chilling,wet,cold air, nasty bite to your bones kinda cold. Miserable. No thanks on NE except in the summer for me. Denver I`ll take all yr long as long as I don`t have to shovel sidewalks/ driveways and shake snow off new tree limbs at 5 in the morning:)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha sorry I should have specified a bit more on my post. 40 degrees for many in the country sounds a bit chilly. You are right for Colorado people that could mean short sleeve shirt weather. For Bronco players it does set up well especially for the idea we are playing a team used to playing in a controlled environment like the Colts. Although even there like you said 40 degrees in pads doesn't feel too bad so most likely weather unless it changes like crazy which is possible in Denver should be a non-factor.

What I meant by Denver and New England having similar weather in the idea that trying to predict what the weather is going to be like even a week out means very little. Both can change in a hurry. I agree they have a very different style of winter with the cold wetness and usually seem to have a bit more wind than around here. At the same time say we do go to Foxboro it would not surprise me for it to be 45 and calm.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing about living in No. California is most storms,actually all storms we get head to Colo from here and usually gain momentum on way to Colo. Good news is we were supposed to hit near 70 Wednesday and then be down around 58 by wknd with no rain in forecast in sight. heck Colo could actually be in 60's by game time. Trust me?:)