• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here come the Colts...

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Broncos are going to get a re-match at home against our opening day opponent. I like this match-up but nothing is easy in the playoffs. Andrew Luck is a gifted athlete with high football IQ, terrific mobility and an accurate, strong passing arm. He will be a handful for our defense to say the least.

The Colts have had an up and down year and at times their offense looks pretty one dimensional, without the strong presence of a consistent running game. They looked okay in the first half of their playoff game today but mistakes prevented it from being a run-away in the first half. The 2nd half of the Bengals game is indicative of what the Colts could look like when they pull everything together.

Their defense is not intimidating to anyone and the Broncos should be able to score some points. They looked pretty good today against Andy Dalton and the Bengals but many defenses do.

The Broncos will be rested and healthier. John Fox and company should have a strong game plan for next Sunday. The Broncos should also be heavy favorites in this match-up and with good reason. I like our chances overall.

How does everyone else feel about drawing the Colts for next Sunday's playoff tilt? Go Broncos!

MH64

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer to see the Bengals, but I would rather play the Colts than Baltimore at this point. Hopefully Denver takes care of business and the Ravens pull the upset over NE.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a whimper of a performance by the Bengals. Whimper may be a bit strong of a word, even. Bring on the Colts!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This honestly has been what I hoped would happen on Wild Card Weekend. Our greatest strength over the last 2 months of the season was that of our secondary in my opinion. I think we match up well with Indy even if Luck is a possible elite quarterback. Their lack of a run game just sets up well for our defense to pin our ears back and go after Luck. Also the fact that they are not that great at stopping the run sets up well for Anderson and company to really get going. Throw in even though I do think the Pats still beat the Ravens I think if there is any team that stands a chance of beating them in the playoffs other than us is the Ravens. They just seem scheme wise to not look pleasing to Brady's eyes. Talent wise obviously the Pats are better but there are just certain schemes that set up better against certain quarterbacks.

Plus for this upcoming game it would definitely be very satisfying to send Peyton's old team home for the year and especially that freaking owner. He is probably the one owner in the NFL that I just can't stand.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty good about the matchup with the Colts, as I would have with either the Bengals or the Steelers. Unlike a lot of others, I wasn't more concerned about having to play the Steelers. I thought the Ravens were the better team, and they proved it. Now hopefully they can go out and beat the Patriots, or at least soften them up for us, should we make it past this weekend.

I just don't see the Colts beating us. As long as our secondary remains healthy, we should be able to contain their passing game, while stuffing the run. And then if we get pressure on Luck, look out. Offensively, we have been able to move the ball in the running game and the passing game. The concern there lays with being able to punch it into the end zone multiple times. It stands to reason that the extra week off will provide fresh legs that will help with this.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This honestly has been what I hoped would happen on Wild Card Weekend. Our greatest strength over the last 2 months of the season was that of our secondary in my opinion. I think we match up well with Indy even if Luck is a possible elite quarterback. Their lack of a run game just sets up well for our defense to pin our ears back and go after Luck. Also the fact that they are not that great at stopping the run sets up well for Anderson and company to really get going. Throw in even though I do think the Pats still beat the Ravens I think if there is any team that stands a chance of beating them in the playoffs other than us is the Ravens. They just seem scheme wise to not look pleasing to Brady's eyes. Talent wise obviously the Pats are better but there are just certain schemes that set up better against certain quarterbacks.

Plus for this upcoming game it would definitely be very satisfying to send Peyton's old team home for the year and especially that freaking owner. He is probably the one owner in the NFL that I just can't stand.

Image-10-4-13-at-9.49-PM-500x375.png

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That picture just leaves me shaking my head. How this guy runs an actual NFL team.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts looked good on both sides of ball today and Cincy not having AJ was huge factor in their passing struggles,no doubt. I'm a little concerned about how well Indy's O-line did in protecting Andrew and if Denver doesn't have a good,smart, aggressive game plan for him, it doesn't matter how good Denver's secondary plays if Luck has too much time to wait till they get open. That and his ability to run to extend plays. Pretty much baseing this on what I saw from Indy today and Denver's recent inconsistent and sometimes non existent pass rush over the course of the season. Hope Del Rio brings his A game ( blitz pkg/right personnel) come next Sunday. If he does,and I believe he will, Denver should come away with a convincing win. We know the offense will put points up, we just don't need to get in a shoot out with Luck. Here's to a dominant D all day long. Can't wait!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What??

I feel pretty good about the matchup with the Colts, as I would have with either the Bengals or the Steelers. Unlike a lot of others, I wasn't more concerned about having to play the Steelers. I thought the Ravens were the better team, and they proved it. Now hopefully they can go out and beat the Patriots, or at least soften them up for us, should we make it past this weekend.

I just don't see the Colts beating us. As long as our secondary remains healthy, we should be able to contain their passing game, while stuffing the run. And then if we get pressure on Luck, look out. Offensively, we have been able to move the ball in the running game and the passing game. The concern there lays with being able to punch it into the end zone multiple times. It stands to reason that the extra week off will provide fresh legs that will help with this.

So now everyone in Denver is saying that the Broncos can't beat the Patriots unless the Raven "soften" them up. Everyone's tossing pennies in the fountain wishing for the Ravens to beat the Patriots.?? Are you guys serious?? You're all saying that the Broncos can't go to Foxboro and win against the Patriots unless the Raven injure a few players?? I hope the Pats destroy the Ravens without as much a sore muscle. I can't believe what I'm reading in here.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Their lack of a run game just sets up well for our defense to pin our ears back and go after Luck. Also the fact that they are not that great at stopping the run sets up well for Anderson and company to really get going. ...

That to me is the heart of the matter as far as this game will be concerned. IMO, Until the Colts address these issues, they will never go any deeper in the playoffs than they did today.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now everyone in Denver is saying that the Broncos can't beat the Patriots unless the Raven "soften" them up. Everyone's tossing pennies in the fountain wishing for the Ravens to beat the Patriots.?? Are you guys serious?? You're all saying that the Broncos can't go to Foxboro and win against the Patriots unless the Raven injure a few players?? I hope the Pats destroy the Ravens without as much a sore muscle. I can't believe what I'm reading in here.

I don't think anyone meant take any Ravens out. I think they meant wear them down some I am guessing. As I've stated on this board and most my life, you always want their best team vs yours. It always feels better and you don't have hear all the " yeah, but if so and so played,etc,etc we would of won" and all the other BS that goes with it. I like Mano Mano may the best team that day win. Way it should be. That's when you get those classic of classic forever games as well. That said, we don't know if that's even going to happen,so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride! SHIT! Now I have to punch myself in face....again;)/

Last edited by a moderator:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure it's normal talk from the underdog. I bet if you searched your own teams' home page from last year when the roles would have been reversed, you'd see the same type of posts from NE fans.

Right now I'm focused on the Colts, but Saturday I'll be watching and hoping the Ravens beat the Pats or at least "soften" them up. Take it for what it's worth BK.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a lame misrepresentation of what I said. 1) Nobody in Denver is saying the Broncos can't beat the Patriots, under any circumstances. They can. 2) I wasn't wishing for injuries to your precious Patriots, lol. 3) You sound like you're a little worried about your team playing the Ravens. Why don't you stick to your own boards until both of our teams are scheduled to play each other. If they do, I won't be predicting a Patriots win. Some of you trolls are hilarious.

:lol:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That to me is the heart of the matter as far as this game will be concerned. IMO, Until the Colts address these issues, they will never go any deeper in the playoffs than they did today.

I don't know about that. Tipton and Herron were pretty productive today, much like Bradshaw was before he got hurt. I do think that the Denver offense should present the Indy defense a much tougher task than they faced today.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen CALM DOWN!! Sheesh we are just joking around a bit. The Ravens are a very physical team and physical teams are what give the Broncos and Patriots the most trouble as they are the ones that can get our quarterbacks off their spot and make them uncomfortable. I'm guessing if any of us were actually betting on the game we would still go Patriots straight up. Again you are reading way way too much into our posts. We like to joke around here a bit and like how this weekend worked out. The Ravens match up much better against the Pats than Indy or Cincinnati as I would expect both of those teams to get blown out in Foxboro. Nice to have Indy coming here instead of Pitt but with the playoffs you just play who is in front of you. If you can't beat a certain team then maybe you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Now I'm guessing like many on here if the Broncos and Pats win this next weekend we will feel half way confident in our team going in and stealing one in Foxboro. Yes you guys will be favored for good reason but I do like the team we will bring to Foxboro.

Also BigKen very surprised by you coming at all of us like that. You have been on this board probably more than any other Pat fan. You know how much we joke around with each other and say things like that have been said on this post. Please just remember that when posting on the Bronco board. We are just laid back guys and gals that love to talk football.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone meant take any Ravens out. I think they meant wear them down some I am guessing. As I've stated on this board and most my life, you always want their best team vs yours. It always feels better and you don't have hear all the " yeah, but if so and so played,etc,etc we would of won" and all the other BS that goes with it. I like Mano Mano may the best team that day win. Way it should be. That's when you get those classic of classic forever games as well. That said, we don't know if that's even going to happen,so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride! SHIT! Now I have to punch myself in face....again;)/

Ps doesn't mean if they did meet that I wouldn't mind some better weather for Manning though:yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Tipton and Herron were pretty productive today, much like Bradshaw was before he got hurt. I do think that the Denver offense should present the Indy defense a much tougher task than they faced today.

Cincinnati was missing their top two run stuffers at the linebacker position. Not sure Tipton and Herron will give the Broncos much of a scare. Herron looks like he has a little more speed than I thought but would love for the Broncos to tug at that ball a bit and see if we can get a nice turnover.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati was missing their top two run stuffers at the linebacker position. Not sure Tipton and Herron will give the Broncos much of a scare. Herron looks like he has a little more speed than I thought but would love for the Broncos to tug at that ball a bit and see if we can get a nice turnover.

The announcers mentioned that Herron is a fumbler and he did fumble today. Indy doesn't have great RBs, but they seem to use them pretty well. About 100 yards both running and receiving today.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers mentioned that Herron is a fumbler and he did fumble today. Indy doesn't have great RBs, but they seem to use them pretty well. About 100 yards both running and receiving today.

That is one thing that does make me a bit nervous is they are very good at getting the RB's going with both the run and pass. Honestly wish the Broncos would do it a bit more. Having Marshall back though should help with that as the RB usually is his assignment in the pass game. I trust him more than any other linebacker maybe in the entire NFL (finished as the top coverage linebacker in the NFL on PFF).

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one thing that does make me a bit nervous is they are very good at getting the RB's going with both the run and pass. Honestly wish the Broncos would do it a bit more. Having Marshall back though should help with that as the RB usually is his assignment in the pass game. I trust him more than any other linebacker maybe in the entire NFL (finished as the top coverage linebacker in the NFL on PFF).

Marshall has definitely been a nice surprise this year. Hope he 100% on Sunday.