• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here come the Colts...

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a major let down, but I'm not sure if it's one of the lowest points in Broncos history. JDR was a worthwhile DC last year and in 2012. I'm not sure what his major malfunction was this year, but this game epitomized his ineffectiveness. I'm definitely ready for a new DC. He wasted one of the most talented defenses in the league.

As for Fox and Manning, it's tough to say. Fox did get the Broncos an AFC title with Tim Tebow, so that's saying something. OTOH, that year the AFC West was so pathetic 8-8 won it, so there's that.

Either way, I think the team is in much better condition now than the pre-Elway/Fox days. If Manning isn't back next year is a crap shoot. I can see this team anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. That's a long way out, though.

Colossal failure tonight. No question about it. The better team won. Or maybe not so much the better team, but the team that actually seemed to realize it was in a playoff game and showed a little interest in playing football.

With all the money spent is basically where I'm going with this but I see your point. Just fed up with the Broncos accepting this coaching staff and not being physical on both sides of the ball. Elway has blame as well. The franchise as a whole does.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the money spent is basically where I'm going with this but I see your point. Just fed up with the Broncos accepting this coaching staff and not being physical on both sides of the ball. Elway has blame as well. The franchise as a whole does.

I hope at this moment, as we type, as the teams are filing off the field and into the locker rooms, John Elway is finalizing JDR's pink slip.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Del Rio's defense was great in spite of him. In 2/3 years he's been here we've been #5 or better on defense but his playcalling and refusing to make adjustments is what killed us.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Del Rio's defense was great in spite of him. In 2/3 years he's been here we've been #5 or better on defense but his playcalling and refusing to make adjustments is what killed us.

This is pretty much it right here. Last year in the AFC title game, Del Rio's conservative play calling was rendered moot by Pot Roast terrorizing Logan Mankins. When they went to Foxborough this year, Del Rio was exposed for exactly what he is. When the team started actually blitzing Brady, they were suddenly a lot more successful. But Del Rio is so scared that an elite QB is going to complete a pass that he'll sit back and let that QB pick them apart while dropping his best pass rushers into coverage and only rushing 3-4. He's terrible.

What's actually funny is that, when the defense has been ranked in the top 5 of the league, Denver has gone one and done. Interesting how that works.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a huge disappointment, to say the least. It was frustrating to watch this talented team underachieve and play right into the hands of the Colts the whole game. Just pathetic.

I've touched on this before, and I'll say it again right now: too many fans just don't seem to value coaching enough. That was our biggest problem today. The Broncos got outplayed, but more than that, they got out coached. They were not prepared mentally, they didn't come in with a good game plan, and they didn't make the necessary adjustments. Coaching, coaching, and coaching.

Im not sure about firing Fox, but Del Rio has to go, and possibly Gase too. Del Rio has misused the talent all year, and the defense was pretty good in spite of him, imo. The offensive playcalling was crap too often also. The wide receiver bubble screens were predictable and there was just no imagination to or variety of plays. An astute observer could see that the Colts knew what we were running most of the time. They were all over us, and we actually made their DBs look like All Pros. Now, I have to give them credit for playing so well, but they knew exactly what we were running the whole game. They are not THAT good all of a sudden.

And then there was the poor individual play. Peyton Manning missing on so many throws to open receivers. Then DT dropping passes that were in the bread basket. It seemed like our offensive game plan may have been limited by Manning's arm strength. I'm sorry to say it, but it is time to move on from Manning. Who knows what we have in Brock Osweiler, but it is time to find out. I can't imagine him being okay with being a backup much longer, maybe any longer. Manning has too many one-and-dones on his resume for this fan. Plus, he is at the end. I don't see him being any healthier next year than he was this year. Nor will his arm get any stronger. It sucks, but we have to find the QB of the future now.

Congrats to the Colts. They played a great game.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right in coaching, How many times can we be surprised and unprepared when a team gets physical with us or plays press coverage before it's time to make a change. We knew at halftime what the Colts were doing on both sides of the ball and yet did nothing to counter that, that's a sign of bad coaching.

We knew Talib was getting beat by Hilton because Talib isn't fast enough to keep up with him and yet did nothing, we knew we had to put more pressure on Luck and yet I only recall seeing maybe twice where we brought more than our usual pass rush.

Last edited by a moderator:

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the problem was necessarily that Talib wasn't fast enough as opposed to the fact that both of Hilton's big catches came on the exact same route and there was absolutely nobody in the middle of the field to help.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was playing off more than normal because he didn't want to get beat deep so he let Hilton have the underneath, it just so happened that he was the only one aware of that because they didn't give him any safety help.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was playing off more than normal because he didn't want to get beat deep so he let Hilton have the underneath, it just so happened that he was the only one aware of that because they didn't give him any safety help.

They should have given him safety help and jammed Hilton at the line. I mean, really, Harris can't cover Wayne on his own? Roby couldn't cover Moncrief on his own? What am I saying, it's Jack Del Rio we're dealing with. The guy who wouldn't use a big physical corner like Talib to cover Gronkowski because, you know, who would guard Edelman, Amendola, and LaFell. The best 3 receivers in the NFL.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over these posts I saw zero credit givin to the Colts.

Colts played a hell of a game. Good plan coming in and obviously well executed. Sucks as a Broncos fan but that was undoubtedly a signature win for Indy.

MH64

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not looking hard enough. When people say stuff like "the better team won" or "congrats to the Colts they played a great game" that is what you call giving credit to the Colts.

Also, we've never seen you on the Broncos board. I noticed you've not commented around here all week before the game, but you're here now. Just an observation. Good luck to your team the rest of the way.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not looking hard enough. When people say stuff like "the better team won" or "congrats to the Colts they played a great game" that is what you call giving credit to the Colts.

Also, we've never seen you on the Broncos board. I noticed you've not commented around here all week before the game, but you're here now. Just an observation. Good luck to your team the rest of the way.

Why do any Colts fans have to be here? They deserve some credit regardless. And if those compliments were said at any time that you mentioned, then thanks.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do any Colts fans have to be here? They deserve some credit regardless. And if those compliments were said at any time that you mentioned, then thanks.

Look at posts # 138 and 145. To name a couple. One of those is on the very same page in which you accuse these fans of not giving the Colts any credit. Know before you post.

Colts fans haven't been here all week. That you've shown up now to comment is suspect at best, and likely trollish. Definitely bad form on your part. But we're good sports around here, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, unlike you did for these Broncos fans. Good luck with the Pats next week. Luck is an easy guy to root for. Your owner, not so much. But I won't hold his douche bag status against the rest of the team.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35-21/PATS......(AFC-champ.),.........fear not my Broncos, pats will prevail..!,.......*MM /cat, gallop~ away on white bronco*.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gave the Colts credit and started a thread on the main NFL message board so quit crying. This is a Broncos message board so we are posting about the Broncos.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave the Colts credit and started a thread on the main NFL message board so quit crying. This is a Broncos message board so we are posting about the Broncos.

Don't bother. He's obviously butt hurt because we aren't praising the almighty Colts for the "performance of the ages".