• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Possibilities, Discussion

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Joseph because I doubt Elway wants to wait around for Shanahan in a bidding war with other teams. He's linked to several teams meanwhile I haven't seen Joseph's name being strongly thrown around anywhere but Denver so it will be a cakewalk to hire him.

He has more interest than just the Broncos. He is scheduled to meet with the Buffalo Bills. He has rumors swirling that 49ers are wanting him to come in as well. And I think I heard the Chargers have put in a request to interview him. So 4 possible teams interviewing him.

Now why Shanahan could actually get a leg up is because he gets to interview first. Joseph is preparing for a game this week so no time to get all of his stuff together for HC interviews. We are meeting with Shanahan on Saturday so if that interview goes well he could easily move to the front runner spot for us. The other part of this is both Joseph and Shanahan want the job with the Broncos. So instead of us fighting with other teams it is he has to sell himself to the Broncos of why he should be the choice over other candidates. Other teams it could be the reverse of them trying to sell why he should come to them over the Broncos.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agree with cd. Really isn't a coach out there who turns us down if Elway makes the call.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has more interest than just the Broncos. He is scheduled to meet with the Buffalo Bills. He has rumors swirling that 49ers are wanting him to come in as well. And I think I heard the Chargers have put in a request to interview him. So 4 possible teams interviewing him.

Now why Shanahan could actually get a leg up is because he gets to interview first. Joseph is preparing for a game this week so no time to get all of his stuff together for HC interviews. We are meeting with Shanahan on Saturday so if that interview goes well he could easily move to the front runner spot for us. The other part of this is both Joseph and Shanahan want the job with the Broncos. So instead of us fighting with other teams it is he has to sell himself to the Broncos of why he should be the choice over other candidates. Other teams it could be the reverse of them trying to sell why he should come to them over the Broncos.

Another form of the Bronco discount - brought to you by John Elway

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan - C - Falcons
According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan is most interested in Denver's head-coaching vacancy.

"The word with people involved in coaching searches and gathering all of this information is that that's the job Shanahan has his eyes on—going to Denver where his father coached," said Garafolo Wednesday on Up to the Minute Live. Of the six coaching vacancies around the league, the Denver job is easily the most appealing. The opportunity for Shanahan to follow in his father's footsteps would just be icing on the cake. Shanahan is also being courted by the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams but if the Broncos offer him a job, we'd be shocked if he turned it down.
Related: Broncos

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle grew up in the land of milk and honey ..

Colorado is one of the best places on earth to live . the outdoors stuff is out of this world good . very few players ever leave Denver area for a reason . Manning is still there for a reason you can raise a family Brian Dawkins loves Denver ..

Denver is bar none the best NFL city ..

Then you add our owner ..sick as he is the best owner !

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan - C - Falcons
According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan is most interested in Denver's head-coaching vacancy.

"The word with people involved in coaching searches and gathering all of this information is that that's the job Shanahan has his eyes on—going to Denver where his father coached," said Garafolo Wednesday on Up to the Minute Live. Of the six coaching vacancies around the league, the Denver job is easily the most appealing. The opportunity for Shanahan to follow in his father's footsteps would just be icing on the cake. Shanahan is also being courted by the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams but if the Broncos offer him a job, we'd be shocked if he turned it down.
Related: Broncos

This honestly makes me feel better about hiring the guy. We've seen here in Denver people not want to follow in the footsteps of others because of that pressure. Brock Osweiler this past off season was rumored that he didn't want to follow in Manning's footsteps because no way he could live up to that. I remember the QB's after Elway talking about that pressure to live up to that name and position.

So to hear Shanahan saying he actually looks forward to the chance to follow in his father's footsteps makes me lean towards wanting him over Vance Joseph at this point.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to hear Shanahan saying he actually looks forward to the chance to follow in his father's footsteps makes me lean towards wanting him over Vance Joseph at this point.
Flip- flopper!! ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip- flopper!! ;)

I really am on this whole coaching search. One of those situations where sometimes too much information can actually be a bad thing.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back and forth myself on the top two candidates as well. Much of my back and forth has to do with the coordinators. I would love to see the Broncos retain Wade but there are conflicting reports out there regarding his contract. It would be a lot easier for me to settle on my top pick, if I could see what the whole staff would look like but that ain't gonna happen. The good news is that I think the Broncos have two good choices and there may be a dark horse sleeper or two out there as well.

I think it's important to note that there hasn't even been one interview yet, so when that process starts (tomorrow), things can change in a hurry! Toub kicks off the search, then Shanny and then Joseph.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back and forth myself on the top two candidates as well. Much of my back and forth has to do with the coordinators. I would love to see the Broncos retain Wade but there are conflicting reports out there regarding his contract. It would be a lot easier for me to settle on my top pick, if I could see what the whole staff would look like but that ain't gonna happen. The good news is that I think the Broncos have two good choices and there may be a dark horse sleeper or two out there as well.

I think it's important to note that there hasn't even been one interview yet, so when that process starts (tomorrow), things can change in a hurry! Toub kicks off the search, then Shanny and then Joseph.

Good point...

Just a couple of examples that front runners doesn't mean as much as people think. Mike Tomlin for example was actually brought in just to satisfy the Rooney Rule. He did so well in his interview though the Steelers were willing to hire him.

The Jaguars back in the day when they hired Del Rio didn't view him as a realistic candidate but decided to do the interview anyway. They were blown away by his organization and plans for the team that they hired him.

There are other stories but just goes to show that we have no clue what is going to happen over this next week or so. Vance Joseph could be the front runner because the Broncos have already spoken to him before and have some connections through the current staff but that means only so much.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington just cleared house on the defense.
Denver may be in a bidding war for Wade which Denver will most likely lose.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington just cleared house on the defense.
Denver may be in a bidding war for Wade which Denver will most likely lose.

I may be wrong, but I think Wade Phillips would rather stay in Denver. We shall see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong, but I think Wade Phillips would rather stay in Denver. We shall see.

I think he would rather stay in Denver but say a team offers him $4 million a year to come coach defense and Broncos are only offering him $2 million a year...Well Washington or whoever starts looking much nicer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would rather stay in Denver but say a team offers him $4 million a year to come coach defense and Broncos are only offering him $2 million a year...Well Washington or whoever starts looking much nicer.

But at this point how much does he really care about money? That sounds like a stupid question but if he only has a few years left of coaching he may stay where he likes(if it's up to him) over going somewhere else for slightly more money. He could be at that point where money is no longer his deciding factor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at this point how much does he really care about money? That sounds like a stupid question but if he only has a few years left of coaching he may stay where he likes(if it's up to him) over going somewhere else for slightly more money. He could be at that point where money is no longer his deciding factor.

And maybe that is true. Just have to wait and see. It could also be a pride issue though. He has proven over the last 2 years and really most of his career that he is one of the best defensive minds in football. As with any of us if we feel we have earned it hard to stay at a job that isn't willing to show us they value us in that way. Especially when you have another team actually willing to show that.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read somewhere that it's either here or retire. I doubt he wants to rebuild another defense this late in his career.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am on this whole coaching search. One of those situations where sometimes too much information can actually be a bad thing.

Your info is kind of tainted on this anyways ..

Players get pissed at times say shit they them self's don't believe in bad times ..

Ask Atlanta players last year you will get ...Ask Atlanta players this year you will get!!!

Atlanta showed he is tough minded that what he wants will work and the players need to follow his lead . He was right it looks ..so that bolds well for us I believe .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your info is kind of tainted on this anyways ..

Players get pissed at times say shit they them self's don't believe in bad times ..

Ask Atlanta players last year you will get ...Ask Atlanta players this year you will get!!!

Atlanta showed he is tough minded that what he wants will work and the players need to follow his lead . He was right it looks ..so that bolds well for us I believe .

Not sure I would say it is tainted. What the info I have looked at does show is that Kyle Shanahan hasn't always gotten along with every one of his players especially some of his ex-QB's. He demands a lot of them and some respond well to that and others do not.

He is also more of a X's and O's type guy than Rah Rah type coach. Again some players respond well to the X's and O's type and others need that Rah Rah type coach.

Just listened to Stink this morning on the radio talk about his old OL Coach. He said he was the type of guy he was either your favorite coach of all time or you hated the man. He said he has a lot of ex-teammates that couldn't stand Alex Gibbs. Just happens.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Alex Gibbs type production I will be giddy .