• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Possibilities, Discussion

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is - the Broncos will need continuity on Defense and Wade Phillips is fairly old himself - so hiring Vance Joseph will provide that. Also - it allows the Broncos to hire Jim Bob Cooter or Mike McCoy to run the offense - and find a spot for the guy from KC too - an upgrade on special teams would be nice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is - the Broncos will need continuity on Defense and Wade Phillips is fairly old himself - so hiring Vance Joseph will provide that. Also - it allows the Broncos to hire Jim Bob Cooter or Mike McCoy to run the offense - and find a spot for the guy from KC too - an upgrade on special teams would be nice.

Well not sure how we are hiring Cooter and the guy from KC. Can't ask them to move to the same position when they are under contract with other teams. So it is head coach or nothing with those two. McCoy we could definitely get.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back and forth between Vance Joseph and Kyle Shanahan. I'll read a negative article about Shanahan and some of his problems with past players or FO people. Then I just read an article about just how much some of his players loved him and wanted to follow him wherever he went. I read about how he has really grown since Washington and Cleveland days learning from his mistakes.

Atlanta Falcons’ Kyle Shanahan has evolved as a coach | The MMQB with Peter King

Great article on just the path that Shanahan has taken.

Glad Elway is making this decision. Some of the decision could come down to who these two plan on hiring as Coordinators. THat is where I think Vance Joseph could have a leg up.

Nothing wrong with wanting your players to listen .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't address my question.

well it does mine ! I said our QB was not the problem . That was a fact several huge names agree . I have eyes and I know when I see something special .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with wanting your players to listen .

Nothing wrong with it for sure. There is a line though of building up respect with your players to where when you speak they listen because they respect you not because you have this authority over them. That is where I do think Vance Joseph maybe has a leg up over Shanahan because he has a reputation of that everywhere he goes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it does mine ! I said our QB was not the problem . That was a fact several huge names agree . I have eyes and I know when I see something special .

Well did your eyes watch that Chiefs game where he was bouncing passes to WR's that were wide open? Were they watching when our offense struggled to score even 10 points a game? You can say OL played terrible but please just go watch Emmanuel Sanders in those games and how many times he is standing in the middle of the field with nobody around him and Siemian doesn't even look his way.

Really to me Sanders, DT, and Paradis are the only 3 players on offense that have a right to say they were not a part of the problem of why this offense failed.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to say he looked like a rookie.. Yes .
Well did your eyes watch that Chiefs game where he was bouncing passes to WR's that were wide open? Were they watching when our offense struggled to score even 10 points a game? You can say OL played terrible but please just go watch Emmanuel Sanders in those games and how many times he is standing in the middle of the field with nobody around him and Siemian doesn't even look his way.

Really to me Sanders, DT, and Paradis are the only 3 players on offense that have a right to say they were not a part of the problem of why this offense failed.

You do get he is having Surgery ASAP.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 4 fat turds and you want to throw the QB out with them .. Not everyone is Payton in covering up the stench of a crappy OL . You are not being remotely far to a guy that played very little in college and 14 starts in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to say he looked like a rookie.. Yes .

You do get he is having Surgery ASAP.

I guess I'm having a tough time here...You and Randymon both have said he struggled but yet we can't say that he was part of the problem? I don't see how those two things balance out?

And I think you are overblowing the surgery. It is an ELECTIVE Surgery. This isn't even one he has to have to continue to play. He decided this was the best thing to do.
And I understand he was banged up but that was part of the problem when he was drafted and has continued on into the NFL where he is always hurt. We haven't seen that he can hold up for an entire season whether that be college for the pros. Not a good look.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm having a tough time here...You and Randymon both have said he struggled but yet we can't say that he was part of the problem? I don't see how those two things balance out?

And I think you are overblowing the surgery. It is an ELECTIVE Surgery. This isn't even one he has to have to continue to play. He decided this was the best thing to do.
And I understand he was banged up but that was part of the problem when he was drafted and has continued on into the NFL where he is always hurt. We haven't seen that he can hold up for an entire season whether that be college for the pros. Not a good look.

He played good enough to win a SB with a good OL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 4 fat turds and you want to throw the QB out with them .. Not everyone is Payton in covering up the stench of a crappy OL . You are not being remotely far to a guy that played very little in college and 14 starts in the NFL.

I don't get why saying the kid has a lot of things to work on to improve is me being unfair? I've said the same thing about Lynch. I said the same thing about Osweiler when he finally got to start. I'm not saying things that are just out in left field. These are things that Kubiak, Siemian's biggest fan, pointed out in plenty of interviews/press conferences. So is Kubiak being unfair to Siemian? So is PFF being unfair to Siemian ranking him as the 32nd best QB in the league? Should we call them up and say the kid hasn't played long enough so you can't grade him or that the OL struggled so we can't grade him.

Plenty of people have said the very same things I have said about Siemian. Doesn't mean he can't succeed in this league as he has plenty of great qualities too that I have pointed out multiple times on this board. He just has a long ways to go just like Lynch has a long ways to go.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to be better way next year .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why saying the kid has a lot of things to work on to improve is me being unfair? I've said the same thing about Lynch. I said the same thing about Osweiler when he finally got to start. I'm not saying things that are just out in left field. These are things that Kubiak, Siemian's biggest fan, pointed out in plenty of interviews/press conferences. So is Kubiak being unfair to Siemian? So is PFF being unfair to Siemian ranking him as the 32nd best QB in the league? Should we call them up and say the kid hasn't played long enough so you can't grade him or that the OL struggled so we can't grade him.

Plenty of people have said the very same things I have said about Siemian. Doesn't mean he can't succeed in this league as he has plenty of great qualities too that I have pointed out multiple times on this board. He just has a long ways to go just like Lynch has a long ways to go.

that is true with any 2nd year sarting QB..

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, dude. No one is suggesting throwing out the qb. We're saying he's got things to work on. That's it. Yes, at times he looked very impressive. Other times he looked like a bum.

Maybe he'll turn out to be really great, maybe he'll turn into an average qb, maybe he'll be a bum. In the words of Dennis Green, if you wanna crown him, then crown him! Just don't expect all of us to do that yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to be better way next year .

I hope so. Him or Lynch or both improved makes this team better. Believe me I am hoping that Siemian turns into a great QB. Right now all I care about is that the Broncos have a quality starting QB on their team for next year. Whoever that may be. Siemian has a great opportunity ahead of him to impress a 2nd coaching staff and just show his value. This off season is probably the most important of his career. If he rises to the occasion he sets himself up for a huge pay day. If he does not improve then honestly most likely he gets the label of quality back up.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Randymon on most things related to Siemian. Yes - he has stuff to work on - and CD's list is a decent one. He did throw short for 1st downs, but the WR happened to be where the ball was thrown.

The question - still open - is can Siemian grow enough to be a top QB? I think he has shown enough that you can't close the book on him.

Players loved him, and he played all year needing surgery? On his non throwing shoulder.

Monkey boy is not the problem.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, local media is almost reporting as though it's a done deal here in Denver and that no other option is even close.

Vance Joseph - HC
Mike McCoy - OC
Wade Phillips - DC

If Vance loves Wade as stated, I'm down with him as well. Really seems to be whomever we want at this point.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Joseph because I doubt Elway wants to wait around for Shanahan in a bidding war with other teams. He's linked to several teams meanwhile I haven't seen Joseph's name being strongly thrown around anywhere but Denver so it will be a cakewalk to hire him.