• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins...Yes or No?

Should Dwayne Haskins start immediately?

• 1. YES

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 2. NO

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • 3. Maybe (explain)

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should he start immediately?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends... if we put the great wall of DC in front of him, Guice and AP are healthy, and the WRs as well as Reed are healthy.... yes put him in.

If we still have questions on the line, the only RBs we have ae AP and CT, and the WR group looks like Clifford Jones... Hell no because he will get killed.

Im thinking its somewhere in the middle, and they are going to play him early unless Keenum can hold it down.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends... if we put the great wall of DC in front of him, Guice and AP are healthy, and the WRs as well as Reed are healthy.... yes put him in.

If we still have questions on the line, the only RBs we have ae AP and CT, and the WR group looks like Clifford Jones... Hell no because he will get killed.

Im thinking its somewhere in the middle, and they are going to play him early unless Keenum can hold it down.
Gotta agree with this. Haskins is a pure pocket passer and has a quick release. However, he will need playmakers around him to be successful. You have a running game, you now drafted some OLmen, and you drafted one of his favorite receivers from the same school. I'm posses because they now play for a division rival. At least they are not on the Cowboys I guess. Fuck, it seems every Buckeye landed in either DC, Dallas, or the Giants, and yet we didn't draft any. Wtf?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him learn the system for a year, and put him in if we have an injury only

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put him in when he is ready . if its opening day mid season or not at all in year one that is ok

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he wins the QB completion battle then put him in.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Grudens job is on the line and Snyder wanted Haskins no chance he doesn't start Day 1

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be maybe.

Imo it's simple. If he outplays Keenum and McCoy he starts. If he doesn't, one of them starts.

Artificially making him the starter to make the pick look good or artificially sitting him for some false sense of security and development are equally silly ideas.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put him in when he is ready . if its opening day mid season or not at all in year one that is ok

This should be what happens. He is in position to learn before he starts. Speed of game is hard to play against if you never have seen it.

I would see putting him in mop up duty early on to get some sense of it though.

IMO he will be hampered a bit from lack of playing time in college even though he did very well when he did play.

Of course this could be the Bill Parcels in me and rookies never get the nod.

I do think he will be a qb that outlasts the number one pick.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to say you guys are pretty lucky to have him fall to you the way he did. Great luck/game plan.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins are in a great position to let him sit and learn for a year. Let's hope they show the same patience shown over the last couple drafts, and continue to build a team that looks to be on the right track of a consistent winner.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins are in a great position to let him sit and learn for a year. Let's show they show the same patience shown over the last couple drafts, and continue to build a team that looks to be on the right track of a consistent winner.

Mitz, I couldn't have said it better than you have!:suds:

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the problem. Colt gonna get hurt,, it's what he do. So in comes Case to lead us to 3 straight losses and a fan base screaming for Haskins. Snyder gonna say play him NOW. So bank it bet it book it that Haskins is your starting QB by week 7 if he aint starting week 1.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the problem. Colt gonna get hurt,, it's what he do. So in comes Case to lead us to 3 straight losses and a fan base screaming for Haskins. Snyder gonna say play him NOW. So bank it bet it book it that Haskins is your starting QB by week 7 if he aint starting week 1.

I agree that Colt is an injury waiting to happen. Case on the other hand is basically Kirk so I don't get the notion that he will come in and lose 3 straight games unless your belief is that Kirk would do the same thing. BTW: the only true comparison that we have of Kirk and Case is what they've done on the same team. So basically the same player with a slight edge to Case. (that will put a bee in some pants here:D)

Actually I also believe that Case earns the start with Colt, if he's still around, the back-up. If everyone is injured then yeah, they have no choice other than starting the new guy. I don't care about a screaming fanbase or an petulant owner, sometimes doing the right thing for the long term is difficult.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Colt is an injury waiting to happen. Case on the other hand is basically Kirk so I don't get the notion that he will come in and lose 3 straight games unless your belief is that Kirk would do the same thing. BTW: the only true comparison that we have of Kirk and Case is what they've done on the same team. So basically the same player with a slight edge to Case. (that will put a bee in some pants here:D)

Actually I also believe that Case earns the start with Colt, if he's still around, the back-up. If everyone is injured then yeah, they have no choice other than starting the new guy. I don't care about a screaming fanbase or an petulant owner, sometimes doing the right thing for the long term is difficult.

HEY!!!! I have a bee in my bonnet. Well not really. Your comment is not true though. You took a team record in a team sport and applied it to one guy. Case's individual statistics do not mirror Cousin's at all. Kind of funny, it is a team sport right up until you want to try to prove a point that is false narrative. But I know you old friend, like me you love to stir the pot. By the way their overall records are (Case - 2 games under .500, Cousin's - 3 games under .500.) Yardage, TDs and TD to Int percentage all in Cousin's favor. You also told us a year or two ago that McCarron is Cousin's equal while in reality he can't get off the bench.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked maybe only in the case that he comes to camp and beats out McCoy and Keenum. Neither is good or even average but I suspect with Haskins only starting for one year that he will be on the bench and learning. Good for him if that is the case. Unless McLaurin and Harmon are ready to go out of the chute, I would rather see Haskins start after they get him some weapons. Haskins played with two senior wideouts that were fast and had superior talent (both drafted early) and he is not going to have that asset here … to start with anyhow.