• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whew!! That was too close for comfort and...

Should Jacoby Brissett be made inactive for the last two games, start or give Jake Fromm a shot?

• Start Howell and make Fromm the backup

• Keep things as they are (Howell starts Brissett the backup)

• Start Brissett with Fromm as backup

• Start Brissett wit5h Howell as backup

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what turned out to be a game easily noted to be "too close for comfort" the Commanders nearly pulled out a meaningless win against the New York Jets. As a result, it is my opinion that Jacoby Brissett should immediately be put on the inactive list. Let's see what we have in Jake Fromm (State Farm) in the final two-games as backup to Howell. I'm interested in how everyone feels about making a move like this to end the season.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Qb should leave draft 1 and bring a good vet

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I mean toss both of them new coach and New Gm can get there guys Howells not going do any thing ... pick up best lineman in FA draft Daniel's draft another lineman in second Rd

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what turned out to be a game easily noted to be "too close for comfort" the Commanders nearly pulled out a meaningless win against the New York Jets. As a result, it is my opinion that Jacoby Brissett should immediately be put on the inactive list. Let's see what we have in Jake Fromm (State Farm) in the final two-games as backup to Howell. I'm interested in how everyone feels about making a move like this to end the season.
I'm afraid to start Brissett because he might beat Dallas' backups, but it appears Howell has lost the lockerroom. The defense just seems to fly around more when Brissett enters the game.

We always say "the players know." The players knew last year when Ron benched Heinicke.

Part of me feels like the players know that Sam has either hit a wall, lost confidence, or just can't execute against good defenses.

Me personally, I'd like to see more Sam. What's done is done. Ron may very well have thrown away an entire season on trying to develop Sam. I'm not second guessing him. I was for it as well, but might as well ride this thing out.

That said, I'd be schocked if Ron threw Sam out there vs that 49er defense. If he does that he might further frustrate guys like Jon and Terry, who I'm not 100% sure will be here next year anyway. Especially Jon.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam was playing fairly well but has taken a step back the past few weeks. Likely with more film on him defenses had a better book on him.

I don't want to win either game, I NE just went up by more than two TDs.

I am not excited about Brissett, he really is known around the league ... he is a quality backup but one with experience.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we draft a qb as, i think we will , then you resign JB and make him the opening day starter . trade howell because we cant have patience with our young qb , so get something for him possibly a 4th -6th and hopefully we can magically have patience with the 3rd overall pick at qb that wont win 10 games year one and we can give up on him

as for fromm i would say why bother . if he plays well he wont be good enough , you are still drafting the new toy

my prediction next yr is we will be a 4-5 win team again