• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins...Yes or No?

Should Dwayne Haskins start immediately?

• 1. YES

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 2. NO

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • 3. Maybe (explain)

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the problem. Colt gonna get hurt,, it's what he do. So in comes Case to lead us to 3 straight losses and a fan base screaming for Haskins. Snyder gonna say play him NOW. So bank it bet it book it that Haskins is your starting QB by week 7 if he aint starting week 1.

In that situation I don't think that Snyder has to say anything. Gruden's job will be on the line & he will take whatever measures are needed to obtain wins. At that pt he will not care about the future at all.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked maybe only in the case that he comes to camp and beats out McCoy and Keenum. Neither is good or even average but I suspect with Haskins only starting for one year that he will be on the bench and learning. Good for him if that is the case. Unless McLaurin and Harmon are ready to go out of the chute, I would rather see Haskins start after they get him some weapons. Haskins played with two senior wideouts that were fast and had superior talent (both drafted early) and he is not going to have that asset here … to start with anyhow.

I agree with you. However other teams have had the same goal only to cave in when things go badly (the Jags did w/ Borrtles several years ago). Given Gruden's situation it may be tough for him not to explore this option if losses start mounting up & they have a brutal schedule at the beginning of the season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY!!!! I have a bee in my bonnet. Well not really. Your comment is not true though. You took a team record in a team sport and applied it to one guy. Case's individual statistics do not mirror Cousin's at all. Kind of funny, it is a team sport right up until you want to try to prove a point that is false narrative. But I know you old friend, like me you love to stir the pot. By the way their overall records are (Case - 2 games under .500, Cousin's - 3 games under .500.) Yardage, TDs and TD to Int percentage all in Cousin's favor. You also told us a year or two ago that McCarron is Cousin's equal while in reality he can't get off the bench.

Love those bees!

I knew that I would get a response from you about this because you don't believe that Kirk and Case are essentially the same guy as I do. Oh well, that's why they are called opinions.:D

In as much as McCarron is concerned, could it be as simple as being on teams that have better personnel at QB than we do? I suggest yes! Now if he were here right now, and I'll try to look at this from your POV, then excluding the rookie, he would merely be in competition with Case, or put in your terms, someone who is not as good as Kirk, right? That said, he (McCarron) would have a legitimate shot at winning the starting job, unlike almost anywhere else he has been. In essence, where players find themselves also determines what chance they have and even then, all it takes is one coach to believe in any player to give him the opportunity.

Now think about this for a minute, had we signed McCarron, there would not have been a reason to sign Smith and become close to cap strapped. On the other hand, there's some thinking that, no Smith, means no Haskins, the exception being, if you are right about McCarron, Haskins might have still been our pick, just without the cap hit. Bottom line, I stand by my argument that this team should have signed McCarron!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AJ were here he would have been in competition for the job. Sometimes opportunity is the key.

Other than one good Vikings season, Keenum is not even close to Cousin's …. and I like Keenum.

You'll love this Sty, I heard Haskins described as a rich mans Cousin's or Dalton. :pound:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AJ were here he would have been in competition for the job. Sometimes opportunity is the key.

Other than one good Vikings season, Keenum is not even close to Cousin's …. and I like Keenum.

You'll love this Sty, I heard Haskins described as a rich mans Cousin's or Dalton. :pound:

We can disagree on Keenum and Cousins, I still think that Kirk has time to prove me wrong, however, that window is closing and closing fast in Vikingland!

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view is strongly and decisively... in the middle. I'd like to see him learning the first half of the season and starting the second half - unless we're something like 6-2 and somehow have a legit chance at the playoffs. Keenum's proven to be a good care-taker QB for a running team.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can disagree on Keenum and Cousins, I still think that Kirk has time to prove me wrong, however, that window is closing and closing fast in Vikingland!

I have always maintained he is a good QB not a great QB. Nothing has changed my mind. Should he be making $28 million a year. No but that isn't his fault Scot and Bruce screwed the pooch there. I watched most of the Viking games last year, tell me why they weren't 13-3 again.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always maintained he is a good QB not a great QB. Nothing has changed my mind. Should he be making $28 million a year. No but that isn't his fault Scot and Bruce screwed the pooch there. I watched most of the Viking games last year, tell me why they weren't 13-3 again.

Injuries, a porous OL, HC who insists on running the ball defensive drop off from the year prior and a QB who didn't make those key plays like his predecessor. Of course there were a lot of reasons but be honest, they paid him that $28M to do take them to that next level because they didn't believe that the guy that helped them to get this > || close to a SB could do it again.

Now we both know that QB's get more blame than they deserve and conversely more praise than they deserve. Fair or not, if that team fails to perform well this season, Kirk is going to share the brunt of all blame. Hell, there was already talk of him being a bust from a season ago. I think that the team bounces back this year and he'll be OK. We'll see!

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli, Rivers, Rodgers, Big Ben & even Brees all sat awhile before starting and playing..even Patrick Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith before starting last year.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum is a bum. I think Haskins is in the right offense for him to play well right out the gate.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Minnesota's supporting cast so much better for Keenum (13-3) than it was for Cousins (8-7-1)? Dude is Mr. 500.

I think Cousins needs a playoff win this season to avoid a loser rep - regardless of great stats. That's how I like him now.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's clearly better than Keenum and Colt, yes. If it's even, no. The first month is daunting.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Minnesota's supporting cast so much better for Keenum (13-3) than it was for Cousins (8-7-1)? Dude is Mr. 500.

I think Cousins needs a playoff win this season to avoid a loser rep - regardless of great stats. That's how I like him now.

Like Dan Marino and Warren Moon. I understand … oh and Sonny Jurgensen. :scratch:

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Dan Marino and Warren Moon. I understand … oh and Sonny Jurgensen. :scratch:
You're not conflating not winning a playoff game to not winning a SB, are you? With Sonny, he made his offenses great; "his" defenses were generally awful.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not conflating not winning a playoff game to not winning a SB, are you? With Sonny, he made his offenses great; "his" defenses were generally awful.

Exactly my point and to be clear I am not saying Cousin's is equal to any of those three people but you are "conflating" winning as if ONLY the QB decides that in Cousin's case but then saying Sonny was missing necessary parts of being a team. I agree with you. :D

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point and to be clear I am not saying Cousin's is equal to any of those three people but you are "conflating" winning as if ONLY the QB decides that in Cousin's case but then saying Sonny was missing necessary parts of being a team. I agree with you. :D
That's fair. Still, when a QB comes to a 13-3 team and replaces the apparent weak link and then goes 8-7-1, I think the perception is going to be negative until the team wins with him - whether that's fair or not. Honestly, itt's probably not fair, but when a guy's make close to 30 million, I'm not sympathetic.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. Still, when a QB comes to a 13-3 team and replaces the apparent weak link and then goes 8-7-1, I think the perception is going to be negative until the team wins with him - whether that's fair or not. Honestly, itt's probably not fair, but when a guy's make close to 30 million, I'm not sympathetic.

As I said the other day he shouldn't be making that type of money but he should be in the $20 something million range just because that is going to be cheap soon. It wasn't his fault that the Redskins botched the entire salary situation and basically got him that big contract.

As far as Minnesota. He hurt them in 2 games but the D stunk the first few games. There never was a running game, the OL was hurt and not good, the FG kickers were horrendous and his HC and the new OC were not seeing eye to eye halfway through the season.

If the Vikes have another .500 year than heads are going to roll. They are paying a ton of money to the QB and two WRs.

Let me finish with this … which QB going back the last 30 years in Washington has been better than Cousin's?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said the other day he shouldn't be making that type of money but he should be in the $20 something million range just because that is going to be cheap soon. It wasn't his fault that the Redskins botched the entire salary situation and basically got him that big contract.

As far as Minnesota. He hurt them in 2 games but the D stunk the first few games. There never was a running game, the OL was hurt and not good, the FG kickers were horrendous and his HC and the new OC were not seeing eye to eye halfway through the season.

If the Vikes have another .500 year than heads are going to roll. They are paying a ton of money to the QB and two WRs.

Let me finish with this … which QB going back the last 30 years in Washington has been better than Cousin's?
The guy before him - Arjetwa - until the Shannys left him in too long against Seattle.