• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone asked KC

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm. No.

Short of him carrying us to the SB, I don't think it's even remotely considered, and I don't care what Bruce said. Dan would never sign off on that. The rest of the owners might bank his ass at the owners meetings gorvlulling some shit like that.

Would I be remiss in pointing out the fact that you considered Cousins no more than a backup. So I would say your opinion of him might be a bit slanted against him??

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to the FO blunder and complete screw up, They could have signed Cousins for 16mil.
And since they didn't believe he was more than a one and done QB at the time, estimating the future cap would have allowed them to get aggressive with free agents who would make a super bowl push. *smh*

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View image on Twitter
DDdFUTzXcAA3BK_.jpg:small

Follow
Pro Football Focus @PFF

How the QBs in the NFC East graded out a season ago

just saying

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I be remiss in pointing out the fact that you considered Cousins no more than a backup. So I would say your opinion of him might be a bit slanted against him??

Everyone considered Cousins a backup or just an average situational starter at one time Shark. Don't act like you had this crystal ball a couple years ago and saw Cousins setting passing records the last two. Not to awfully long ago he was a turnover machine.

Still, that has nothing to do with my point. Never say never but regardless of what is said, I would be completely shocked if KC was exclusively tagged next year. Shocked. And I think all of you know and probably agree with this.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way at all he gets the exclusive tag because he would not sign an extension after that. Why would he?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if no long term deal is signed this year he will be tagged again next year cost be damned

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think what you need to focus on is A) that was the NFL landscape B) the argument for mccarron ,ignores the reasons people who want AJ , wanted to wait on KC . C) the FO had its chance in 2015 they waited to see more D) in 2016 the wanted to see more and established 20 mil as the going rate E) they tagged him again wanting to see more and established 25 mil as the going rate

now i am fine with you wanting to see more . just understand the rate goes up and in 2018 in goes to 34 mil

Just goes to show just cuz its the nfl landscape or "market value" doesnt mean you cant overpay.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Up until when? Anybody who thought anything else of him before 2015 is full of shit.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show just cuz its the nfl landscape or "market value" doesnt mean you cant overpay.

well that is true but what does that have to do with what was being discussed? i believe that poster is unaware of the realities and hence my answer

now i believe we will have to "over pay " and that should have been a consideration when the FO took its courses of action which they could have prevented

if KC walks it isnt a positive for us

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until when? Anybody who thought anything else of him before 2015 is full of shit.

Actually in 2014 when most were saying its still too soon to give up on Griffin and most wanted to be done with Cousins, I was likely the only one pushing the line that it was actually time to give up the ghost on Griffin, and that most had given up on Cousins too soon.

OK J-Y .. I dont like to play the lets compare him to the greats game. because usually its insulting to the greats, and its a game designed to make one feel better about there own under performing player at the time. But Like no other is a rather extreme exaggeration. But at the risk of the shit storm I know I am going to insight... here you go.

All these guys were TRUE pocket passers. Note the striking coincidence that all also had MORE INTs than TDs early on in their respective careers.

Troy Aikman: Career Stats at NFL.com

Drew Bledsoe: Career Stats at NFL.com

Terry Bradshaw: Career Stats at NFL.com

Ben Roethlisberger: Career Stats at NFL.com

Peyton Manning: Career Stats at NFL.com

Eli Manning: Career Stats at NFL.com

Thats Six of the best to play the position in just our life times. ALL considered franchise QB's and ALL were turn over machines early in their careers. Hell the only one to play on a winning squad as a rookie was Ben I believe. And again, this is not to prove Kirk will become a franchise QB. Its not to say He will become a hall of famer. It is to say the whole "He turns the ball over like no one ever did that became a good QB is a reach.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in 2014 when most were saying its still too soon to give up on Griffin and most wanted to be done with Cousins, I was likely the only one pushing the line that it was actually time to give up the ghost on Griffin, and that most had given up on Cousins too soon.

Im not saying nobody was saying he should start in 2015. Hell I was saying he should.

But anybody expecting him to be a competent starter was full of shit. There was really no reason to expect that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also..the last line of that post from j_y...I think I know what its referencing and he was wrong.

Cousins had the worst era adjusted INT rate EVER pre 2015. So saying he turns the ball over like no one that ever became a good QB really was true. Obviously Cousins is now the first too have done so after having had such a turnover prone start.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also..the last line of that post from j_y...I think I know what its referencing and he was wrong.

Cousins had the worst era adjusted INT rate EVER pre 2015. So saying he turns the ball over like no one that ever became a good QB really was true. Obviously Cousins is now the first too have done so after having had such a turnover prone start.

Your statement... any one who thought he could become a competent starter back in those days was full of shit. Obviously some one on this board did think Cousins merited a little more consideration... Oh shit.. that was me. :thumb:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is true but what does that have to do with what was being discussed? i believe that poster is unaware of the realities and hence my answer

now i believe we will have to "over pay " and that should have been a consideration when the FO took its courses of action which they could have prevented

if KC walks it isnt a positive for us

Just commenting. Wasnt trying to make any larger point on your debate.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your statement... any one who thought he could become a competent starter back in those days was full of shit. Obviously some one on this board did think Cousins merited a little more consideration... Oh shit.. that was me. :thumb:

Youre confusing being ok with starting him and thinking hed be a competent starter.

Unless of course youre claiming you saw this coming. In which case...like I said there was no reason to expect that. Hence why I say full of shit.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way. If Sudfield ends up great. Coach is still full of shit. Because theres no logic or facts backing up what hes saying. Its just a shot in the dark.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre confusing being ok with starting him and thinking hed be a competent starter.

Unless of course youre claiming you saw this coming. In which case...like I said there was no reason to expect that. Hence why I say full of shit.

Wow.. so I just quoted where my thinking was on the matter from a time period PRIOR to the 2015 season, in the middle of 2014 actually. And now Im full of shit?? I mean its not like i edited the quote, and you can easily go back and look at the entire thread. Did I come right out and say, well I expect Kirk to become a franchise QB?? Probably not, but I think its rather obvious I thought most had given up on him too soon and thus there was a chance for him to become a competent starter.

But thanks for telling me Im confusing my own thought process.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. so I just quoted where my thinking was on the matter from a time period PRIOR to the 2015 season, in the middle of 2014 actually. And now Im full of shit?? I mean its not like i edited the quote, and you can easily go back and look at the entire thread. Did I come right out and say, well I expect Kirk to become a franchise QB?? Probably not, but I think its rather obvious I thought most had given up on him too soon and thus there was a chance for him to become a competent starter.

But thanks for telling me Im confusing my own thought process.

I think you're misunderstanding me (partly my fault). See my previous post talking about coach and suds for (hopefully) clarification.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone considered Cousins a backup or just an average situational starter at one time Shark. Don't act like you had this crystal ball a couple years ago and saw Cousins setting passing records the last two. Not to awfully long ago he was a turnover machine.

Still, that has nothing to do with my point. Never say never but regardless of what is said, I would be completely shocked if KC was exclusively tagged next year. Shocked. And I think all of you know and probably agree with this.

Don't say "everyone" .... I wanted them to draft Cousins before the draft happened and I looked like James Brown singing "Papa's got a brand new bag" when I came out of a restaurant and saw they drafted him.