• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone asked KC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you 100% in regards to the stability at the QB position dad. My feeling is KC doesn't really want to be here, but will sign a deal if the Skins decide to overpay him..and laugh behind closed doors, just like my ex-wife did...bitch

Again, hope I'm wrong about KC.
the skins FO did that to themselves . they could have had him in 2015 but allen killed the deal . i believe he wants to be here. he just wants a proper market value deal

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the skins FO did that to themselves . they could have had him in 2015 but allen killed the deal . i believe he wants to be here. he just wants a proper market value deal

IM still wondering why no one asks the question of the front office, if the Redskins REALLY want him here, why the hold up on even making a realistic offer??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM still wondering why no one asks the question of the front office, if the Redskins REALLY want him here, why the hold up on even making a realistic offer??
I've posed that question to VT a couple of times. Crickets.......

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OH i know you have asked other posters this question.

I was more curious as to why no one in the media has asked Bruce or Doug this question.

I realize that alot of the "Im fine if we resign Kirk" posters are really saying..

I will deal with it if it happens, but deep down I hope we dont.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It takes two to tango. Not giving the FO a pass for sure, but we don't know the circumstances. KCs agent could have said "the Luck contract is the FLOOR and where we will START our negotiations. If you ain't bringing that, don't even call".

Give it another 10 days when the deadline is close, an offer of some sort will be made.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes two to tango. Not giving the FO a pass for sure, but we don't know the circumstances. KCs agent could have said "the Luck contract is the FLOOR and where we will START our negotiations. If you ain't bringing that, don't even call".

Give it another 10 days when the deadline is close, an offer of some sort will be made.

It would not be in KCs best interest fir his agent to leak his contract requests. Right now the ball is in the Front Office court, as it has been from the moment they tagged him.

Im sure any agent worth his salt has already let them know where the talks start.

The only side that benefits from contract offer leaks is the redskins front office. Because aside from the people who dont want a deal done any way, they are going to need a positive spin just in case this explodes in their face.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does take two to tango. However, in doing the tango, one must lead. That is the responsibility of the FO. Could have KC's agent said the luck contract is the floor? Sure he could have. But probably not. We do know he has said that the tag number is the starting point for negotiations and why shouldn't it be. The FO has already admitted he is worth that by signing him to that value this coming year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take two to tango. However, in doing the tango, one must lead. That is the responsibility of the FO. Could have KC's agent said the luck contract is the floor? Sure he could have. But probably not. We do know he has said that the tag number is the starting point for negotiations and why shouldn't it be. The FO has already admitted he is worth that by signing him to that value this coming year.
exactly . you signed him to the 24 mil tag so you must think he is worth at least that for now

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC stated the franchise tag is where a contract starts.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that pretty much where it should end too. Luck/Carr money.

Yep. There is no evidence to suggest that isn't the right ball park. Our FO is dragging their feet on signing a PB QB. Our FO hasn't even put forth a reasonable offer in that neighborhood. Yet, you want to blame KC for their errors.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. There is no evidence to suggest that isn't the right ball park. Our FO is dragging their feet on signing a PB QB. Our FO hasn't even put forth a reasonable offer in that neighborhood. Yet, you want to blame KC for their errors.

No, not blaming KC. Just saying in contract negotiations this is sometimes how it goes. One side low balls to establish what they feel is a starting point, the other side has their idea of where to start. Obviously in this case the two sides were far apart in that respect. True, the FO has not offered a fair deal up to now but once again we don't how KCs agent is handling this either. The phone lines may be shut off until a few days before the deadline where they can test and see how bad our FO really wants him, "put the squeeze play on us" so to speak. Because if we don't meet their demands it's becoming very obvious they are PERFECTLY fine playing the on the tag.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not blaming KC. Just saying in contract negotiations this is sometimes how it goes. One side low balls to establish what they feel is a starting point, the other side has their idea of where to start. Obviously in this case the two sides were far apart in that respect. True, the FO has not offered a fair deal up to now but once again we don't how KCs agent is handling this either. The phone lines may be shut off until a few days before the deadline where they can test and see how bad our FO really wants him, "put the squeeze play on us" so to speak. Because if we don't meet their demands it's becoming very obvious they are PERFECTLY fine playing the on the tag.

all things a good agent does . . the fact is when you opted to "see more " the potential to pay more and even over pay is a potential consequence . they had him in 2015 for 16 mil if they were willing to take a risk . allen killed it because he was not .

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all things a good agent does . . the fact is when you opted to "see more " the potential to pay more and even over pay is a potential consequence . they had him in 2015 for 16 mil if they were willing to take a risk . allen killed it because he was not .

Pre-2015? So equivalent to the Osweiler deal? We've been through this before. For a QB who had done nothing up to that point (2-7 record). Somewhere a few pages back (or on another thread) someone laughed at the notion of offering McCarron an $18 million APY contract with less than 10 starts, but our FO is stupid for not offering that same contract under the same circumstances to KC a couple years ago? We've been over this. They can't be criticized for making the move that most other teams would make.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-2015? So equivalent to the Osweiler deal? We've been through this before. For a QB who had done nothing up to that point (2-7 record). Somewhere a few pages back (or on another thread) someone laughed at the notion of offering McCarron an $18 million APY contract with less than 10 starts, but our FO is stupid for not offering that same contract under the same circumstances to KC a couple years ago? We've been over this. They can't be criticized for making the move that most other teams would make.

i think what you need to focus on is A) that was the NFL landscape B) the argument for mccarron ,ignores the reasons people who want AJ , wanted to wait on KC . C) the FO had its chance in 2015 they waited to see more D) in 2016 the wanted to see more and established 20 mil as the going rate E) they tagged him again wanting to see more and established 25 mil as the going rate

now i am fine with you wanting to see more . just understand the rate goes up and in 2018 in goes to 34 mil

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think what you need to focus on is A) that was the NFL landscape B) the argument for mccarron ,ignores the reasons people who want AJ , wanted to wait on KC . C) the FO had its chance in 2015 they waited to see more D) in 2016 the wanted to see more and established 20 mil as the going rate E) they tagged him again wanting to see more and established 25 mil as the going rate

now i am fine with you wanting to see more . just understand the rate goes up and in 2018 in goes to 34 mil

Lol, Ain't nobody on God's green earth gonna pay that dude $34 mill next year. Transition tag is best chance we got if we don't sign him before 7-17

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Ain't nobody on God's green earth gonna pay that dude $34 mill next year. Transition tag is best chance we got if we don't sign him before 7-17
your boy bruce said he would use the tag again if he had too

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for shits and grins,

Say the Skins win the Division, manage to win a playoffs game, and Kirk has thrown for 4800 yards, 30 TDs, 11 INT and rushed for another 5 TDs

You still think NO ONE on the planet would pay him??

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shits and grins,

Say the Skins win the Division, manage to win a playoffs game, and Kirk has thrown for 4800 yards, 30 TDs, 11 INT and rushed for another 5 TDs

You still think NO ONE on the planet would pay him??

Umm. No.

Short of him carrying us to the SB, I don't think it's even remotely considered, and I don't care what Bruce said. Dan would never sign off on that. The rest of the owners might bank his ass at the owners meetings gorvlulling some shit like that.