• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Italy 2024

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Italy next month with family. 3rd time in 4 years going to Italy. Love travelling and mostly prefer international travel.

This trip flying into Milan and going to Bellagio for 3 nights. Then spending 6 nights in Tuscany and then onto Venice for a couple nights to fly home. While I've been to Lake Como and Tuscany before this will be the first time in Venice.

Bellagio: just pretty much touring the lakes (mostly the 3 northern towns) and hitting a couple of our favorite spots. Haven't been to Villa Balbianello before so hoping to go there.

Tuscany: Staying at an agriturismo between Siena and San Gimignano and will have a car (well 2) for this leg. Definite stops are Florence, Siena and San Gimignano. Other potential day trips to Val D'Orcia (Big Brunello fan) and maybe a Lucca/Pisa day as I have not been to either. Other options are Volterra, Chianti and outside shot we do a long day to Cinque Terra but probably save that for another trip. Made a reservation for dinner at Officina Della Bistecca (Dario the famous Italian Butcher). Always thought it was a little bit of a tourist trap but watched some videos people posted and the food looks fantastic if you are a meat eater and the price is pretty cheap for what you get.

Venice: Don't really have a lot of time there. Considering a private boat tour (recommended by a friend) and maybe a couple of the typical tourist activities: Piazza San Marco, Gondola ride and maybe a Murano glass store tour (no time to go to the separate Island to see the factory).

If anyone has any recommendations on the Venice portion, please let me know.