• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

grade Trestman

C

cubzzzfanincali

It sounds like each of us has made their determination on how they view this.

Just thought I'd mention that I did hear an interview with Trestman, and he indicated that "Forte was gassed" in the overtime, which weighed on his decision. Just saying.

ok, well at the risk of blowing up the board, there is another running back on the roster who probably had fresh legs available and probably would have gained some yardage.

Also...again...if your running back is gassed, how do you think the defensive linemen were doing?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a bad decision. No excuses. Even if we hit that FG, I would have been shaking my head. The Rabin game we won, where he did not use timeouts to stop the clock was the worst coaching deciesion to date. Sure we won anyway but so what, it was a horrible strategy to use.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His red zone play calling last week was weak. IMO. But overall he has been dang good. 1 brain fart here and there for sure. He. Will make me scratch my head sometimes tho.

He also makes opposing DCs scratch their heads. Which is why I love his play calling. Just would love to see better execution.

Last edited by a moderator:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also makes opposing DCs scratch their heads. Which is why I love his play calling. Just would love to see better execution.

Well said. Its kind of a "love/hate" relationship...we see gutsy things that have worked that we would never see from Lovie...but then we see a FG attempt on 2nd down when they were moving the ball well on that drive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also makes opposing DCs scratch their heads. QUOTE]

You mean like trying a FG on second down when we were moving it with ease? MNs DC never expected that. I just call it a bone headed play, every coach has a few.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also makes opposing DCs scratch their heads. QUOTE]

You mean like trying a FG on second down when we were moving it with ease? MNs DC never expected that. I just call it a bone headed play, every coach has a few.

Just think he wanted to get the game over at that point.
He saw how Minny fucked up earlier and probably didn't want to chance of penalty or loss of yardage, Can't blame him there. Would have liked to see another play run myself. But Robbie let us down. Plain & simple .
He makes the kick. We win. I have another 100 v cash. But shit happens. Robbie misses it , and it's fire the coach. I don't have any problems w/ T-Mans decisions. EXECUTION IS WHATS KILLING US.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone lowerd their grade? Lovie got more wins with less talent.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone lowerd their grade? Lovie got more wins with less talent.

Whoa... This is a far less talented team on the defensive side of the ball. Plus, it's Trestman's first season. Lovie went 5-11 in his first year.