• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

grade Trestman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I give him a solid B. His time management needs work and he plays it a little safe at times. But I really like the job he has done overall.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be better, could be worse.

Offensive play calling is much improved. I'll give him a B also

Edit: Make that a B-, Cutler should have been pulled earlier in the Lions game.

C

cubzzzfanincali

well, it's still very early, but if I had to grade him, I'd give him a B-. Which is better than I expected, so thus far I am happy.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redzone Offense is meh. But overall, I like the playcalling.

Hard to understand wtf he was doing there at the end of regulation, when he opted not to use his timeouts tho:noidea:

I was screaming at the TV.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early, but I guess a B.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early, but I guess a B.

Too early? You guess? It's not to early to grade him to this point and you don't have to guess because you have seen it. :doh: JK

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redzone Offense is meh. But overall, I like the playcalling.

Hard to understand wtf he was doing there at the end of regulation, when he opted not to use his timeouts tho:noidea:

I was screaming at the TV.

Dude I was so mad that I started rooting for the wrong team. Lol. I think we deserved to lose because of it. Dumbest shit ever!!!!!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early? You guess? It's not to early to grade him to this point and you don't have to guess because you have seen it. :doh: JK

I just don't think you can grade a coaches offensive system until he's at least into his second season.

However, if you want to know how I feel about his play calling and in-game management so far, I'd say a B. I'm happy with Trestman. However, it's too early for me to get a real feel for him. We're all still feeling him out as a coach.

He hasn't been around long enough for me to give him a fair grade. However, I like what I see from him so far. That's my point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I was so mad that I started rooting for the wrong team. Lol. I think we deserved to lose because of it. Dumbest shit ever!!!!!!!

That was truly unbelievable.

What logic could have even been behind that with the Ravens having goal to go with two minutes left? What are you accomplishing in that situation besides running the clock out against your own offense?

Maybe we're missing something, IDK. Did he elaborate on this in his presser today? I only heard the beginning.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with a B as well, considering I had NO clue who he was when he was hired. And, considering the 1000's of injuries that have plagued our Bears this year. Over exaggerated for emphasis.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was truly unbelievable.

What logic could have even been behind that with the Ravens having goal to go with two minutes left? What are you accomplishing in that situation besides running the clock out against your own offense?

Maybe we're missing something, IDK. Did he elaborate on this in his presser today? I only heard the beginning.

You do that to fire up the defense and tell them that you have faith in them. Pete Carroll did the same thing against St. Louis at the game I went to earlier this year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it worked, so no one will second-guess it too much...had they scored a TD, it would've have seemed like the wrong time for a Tony Robbins pep talk. The Defense looked pretty gassed going into that last set of downs.....it's a big gamble, just to fire up your squad.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Marc an A- . The - is for the Mel Tucker hiring.
We haven't had a mind like this directing our team ever.
Trestman recap: Timeout usage
Lovie would have said , I just thought it was the right call.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

D stands for Defense and Defense wins titles. Yeah, he got weapons that would make any offense look good. He is making bad game calls. Preparation, solid A, no doubt, in game decisions are getting closer to D--. He isnt just the offensive coordinator, maybe he should be, there are phases lacking. Go for it when he could kick a field goal, dont go for it when you can put the game away, missed a few challenges and for people that said Lovie showed no emotion on the sidelines, wow, this guy is zanex on the sidelines.

He needs to do some homework on the defense or get a buddy ryan type as an assistant head coach that you turn the entire thing over to.

C

cubzzzfanincali

D

He is making bad game calls. Preparation, solid A, no doubt, in game decisions are getting closer to D--.

I have a question. As a fan, how does one make a distinction like this? I mean, giving an A to preparation but a D-- to in-game calls means you have a pretty damn strong opinion about both. But...how exactly can a fan tell? I mean, I understand judging the overall results of a play or a game, but when a play goes bad, how do you distinguish between a play blowing up because of preparation versus an in-game call? How do you know whether it was a mid-week plan or a mid-game adjustment, unless you are listening in on the communication headphones? I'm not challenging, I am just asking. How do you do that?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

D stands for Defense and Defense wins titles. Yeah, he got weapons that would make any offense look good. He is making bad game calls. Preparation, solid A, no doubt, in game decisions are getting closer to D--. He isnt just the offensive coordinator, maybe he should be, there are phases lacking. Go for it when he could kick a field goal, dont go for it when you can put the game away, missed a few challenges and for people that said Lovie showed no emotion on the sidelines, wow, this guy is zanex on the sidelines.

He needs to do some homework on the defense or get a buddy ryan type as an assistant head coach that you turn the entire thing over to.

Could it be that some of his decisions look bad because of poor execution by the players?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

WTF?

... just... go away.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

I have zero clue where this is coming from... Given the fact we are 6-4 with 2 games minus our starting QB and more missing games to follow... No way I'd rank this a D, not even close. Heck, we might even pull a miracle out and make the playoffs.