• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got my tickets for the home opener vs the Lions

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooohooo is all i can say. I can't believe i am 26 and this will be my first 49er game. If anyone else is going to the game vs the Lions let me know.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've been to one 49er game in my entire life; the Bills beat the Niners 43-3. I think it was in 2004. Cody Pickett was legendary. Nate Clements looked like he was wearing kleats and the 49ers were wearing dance shoes.

Hope your experience is a lot more memorable than mine!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to one 49er game in my entire life; the Bills beat the Niners 43-3. I think it was in 2004. Cody Pickett was legendary. Nate Clements looked like he was wearing kleats and the 49ers were wearing dance shoes.

Hope your experience is a lot more memorable than mine!

Ooh i forgot you live out of state right? That sounds like a bummer.

Thanks, hopefully you get to go back and see a better game next time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ooh i forgot you live out of state right? That sounds like a bummer.

Thanks, hopefully you get to go back and see a better game next time.

Actually, I only live a couple hours away from S.F. There just hasn't been a game on which I wanted to drop the kind of money it takes to go to go (the Bills game was free for me). Playoff games & the big rivalry ones are pretty expensive, and I'm a pretty frugal guy.

However, my buddy's a Cowboys fan, and we've agreed that if the Niners & Cowboys ever meet in the NFC Championship game again we're going. Doesn't matter if we have to fly to Dallas; we're going. We exchanged quite a bit of trash talking in the mid-90's.

The Niners-Lions game sounds like a pretty good one.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I only live a couple hours away from S.F. There just hasn't been a game on which I wanted to drop the kind of money it takes to go to go (the Bills game was free for me). Playoff games & the big rivalry ones are pretty expensive, and I'm a pretty frugal guy.

However, my buddy's a Cowboys fan, and we've agreed that if the Niners & Cowboys ever meet in the NFC Championship game again we're going. Doesn't matter if we have to fly to Dallas; we're going. We exchanged quite a bit of trash talking in the mid-90's.

I only live a few hours away as well, but i finally decided to just cough up the money and do it. I think it was $160 for our seats behind the 9ers end zone, so it's not too bad.

Cowboys/9ers in the championship would be a great game to see. I've always wanted to watch Peyton Manning play, so if Denver comes to SF in the next couple of years I'd like to catch that game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:jaw: (Not calling you cheap, just that it's not surprising that you're frugal based on the little we know about you.)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
(Not calling you cheap, just that it's not surprising that you're frugal based on the little we know about you.)

I had to be for a long time. I Spent my life savings and even racked up a debt starting a business that didn't work out. The debt payments were big enough that I actually slept in a little car for YEARS so I could pay it off faster (while working full time & sometimes 3 jobs and showering at the gym). I wanted to pay back every penny & not be a deadbeat. I then slept in the car for more years to save up for college (which I'm finally finishing now). I'd like to get a little more stability before I allow myself to enjoy things like ball games or trips. I'm not complaining or anything; it's just how I've learned to get by. I want to finish college without having any debt.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to be for a long time. I Spent my life savings and even racked up a debt starting a business that didn't work out. The debt payments were big enough that I actually slept in a little car for YEARS so I could pay it off faster (while working full time & sometimes 3 jobs and showering at the gym). I wanted to pay back every penny & not be a deadbeat. I then slept in the car for more years to save up for college (which I'm finally finishing now). I'd like to get a little more stability before I allow myself to enjoy things like ball games or trips. I'm not complaining or anything; it's just how I've learned to get by. I want to finish college without having any debt.

Kudos to you, all the talk about politics and education made me feel you were very fiscally responsible and felt this was a frugal thing everyone could infer by reading those posts. Great job, man. I wish everybody did what you did - you know pay their debts, get an education, etc.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is an awesome accomplishment which requires a great deal of discipline and pride. I wish more people had that attitude, this country would be so much better off.

You actually found a way to get my respect despite that silly avatar. J/K about that last part, I <3 you man!