• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles signed Boyes for 1 year $1M.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic Doug Wilson UFA move, woopie!

:burt: thanks Doug :burt:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isles signed Boyes for 1 year $1M.

Boyes gets 1M and Dung Wilson pays 1.8 for Burishes bum ass? Not the signing I wanted to wake up and read bout... Bout a mil overpayment for him... Only positive is at least he signed someone on Day 1, usually he sits and does nothing, so maybe he's at least making offerss this year... And that really sucks bout Whitney, although 4.5 is more then Id want to pay for him. 3-3.5 woulda been nice.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im still praying for Doan. he's just what the doctor ordered. Heart, Skill, toughness. The whole package. he's like Brendan Morrow, except still highly effective.

I think, like every year, Burish will be likely the highlight of this UFA period for us. Dougie's startegy is always to target some low-on-the-list UFA that other teams dont really want and then throw lots of money. He did it with wallin, zues, and now burish. I cant remember a single UFA signing he's made around july 1 that was a really big impact player as a top 9 F or top 4 D. He usually just adds depth guys like burish and tries to get the skilled guys through trade, hence why the farm is gone.

he still has 6.5M under teh cap, and you know galiardi isnt gunna get more than 1M, so he'll have 20 players under contract (2G, 7 D, 11 F) with 5.5M left. Still lots of space to add 3-4M range player assuming no action of zues or murray. with a murray trade, he can add 5M or so, whihc sounds right about exactly Doan's range.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boyes gets 1M and Dung Wilson pays 1.8 for Burishes bum ass? Not the signing I wanted to wake up and read bout... Bout a mil overpayment for him... Only positive is at least he signed someone on Day 1, usually he sits and does nothing, so maybe he's at least making offerss this year... And that really sucks bout Whitney, although 4.5 is more then Id want to pay for him. 3-3.5 woulda been nice.

4.5 is steep, but looking at what he did last year, it could actually be pretty cheap. Players who put up 26 goals and over 70 points and +26 are really worth at least 6M. Obvily, he signed for 1.5M cheaper cuz he's 40, but looking at his history, he has shown zero signs of slowing down. (82gp, 75gp, 80gp, and 82gp the last 4 years and point total of 77, 57, 58, and 77). No slowing down at all and if he maintains it for 2 more years, 4.5 will be a steal. I would rather dougie have signed a deal like this than throw 2M at a 4th liner.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trade Zues NOW for F.C. or 7th rounder. Maybe the Minnasota Sharks will be interested.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Sharks had around 8mil to spend?

Refund on Burish! PLEASE!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know what... the more I think about it, the less and less I like this signing of burish. That extra 1M he overpaid is really significant. The difference between a 3M player and a 4M player is big. This is a terrible signing. he is basically another desjardins or what not.

Why does dougie throw that kind of money to guys like this, when the need for scoring depth is so glaring?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what... the more I think about it, the less and less I like this signing of burish. That extra 1M he overpaid is really significant. The difference between a 3M player and a 4M player is big. This is a terrible signing. he is basically another desjardins or what not.

Why does dougie throw that kind of money to guys like this, when the need for scoring depth is so glaring?

Because he's slowly turned himself into one of the shittiest GMs in the league? Every year we get excited that bum overpayed salarys are off the books, and every year instead of doing something smart with the money, he overpays another worthless bum... Burish will probably score 7 goals, if he even cracks the lineup on a daily basis... I woulda rather had Mitchell at that price then Burish... I think with that move SJ pretty much put themselves out of the running in any big name signing, mainly Broduer...

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three of you sound like the Philly fans on the main board. Try to enjoy the day. Just sayin'

:peace2:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Burish can skate and hit and not much else. So nearly $2 for a solid banger. Guess this means Winnik is gone.

OR put Winnik and Burish on the 3rd line wings and go out and get a Jay Mcclement for a nice shutdown line?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anxious to see what David Moss got from PHX. That $1.8 should have been for him.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rules is upset about a Wilson signing? I'm shocked. ;)

Look on the bright side, we didn't re-sign Mitchell.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Adam Burish can skate and hit and not much else. So nearly $2 for a solid banger. Guess this means Winnik is gone.

OR put Winnik and Burish on the 3rd line wings and go out and get a Jay Mcclement for a nice shutdown line?

he doesnt actually hit that much, he only gets 1 credited hit per game or so. He's also not exactly a big guy, at 190lb. he's a solid 4th liner, depth player and thats it. It doesnt address any need.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he doesnt actually hit that much, he only gets 1 credited hit per game or so. He's also not exactly a big guy, at 190lb. he's a solid 4th liner, depth player and thats it. It doesnt address any need.

Depth players are a dime a dozen & should get paid like 500-800K not 1.8 mil. If he woulda been signed at what he's worth it would be fine, but a team lacking scoring, just got even more lacking.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im still praying for Doan. he's just what the doctor ordered. Heart, Skill, toughness. The whole package. he's like Brendan Morrow, except still highly effective.

I think, like every year, Burish will be likely the highlight of this UFA period for us. Dougie's startegy is always to target some low-on-the-list UFA that other teams dont really want and then throw lots of money. He did it with wallin, zues, and now burish. I cant remember a single UFA signing he's made around july 1 that was a really big impact player as a top 9 F or top 4 D. He usually just adds depth guys like burish and tries to get the skilled guys through trade, hence why the farm is gone.

he still has 6.5M under teh cap, and you know galiardi isnt gunna get more than 1M, so he'll have 20 players under contract (2G, 7 D, 11 F) with 5.5M left. Still lots of space to add 3-4M range player assuming no action of zues or murray. with a murray trade, he can add 5M or so, whihc sounds right about exactly Doan's range.

Doesn't matter how much cap space you have now I don't think, you can sign guys and just have to be at the limit when the season starts.
Pens only have about $10M available, and they are trying to get both Parise and Suter.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Doesn't matter how much cap space you have now I don't think, you can sign guys and just have to be at the limit when the season starts.
Pens only have about $10M available, and they are trying to get both Parise and Suter.

I know, but I dont see dougie going over. He is a no risk style guy. Thats why he doesnt go after prime UFAs on the open market.

My guess is he'll sign one more nonamer for 2M and keep 2M in space.

We'll have a solid top 6 and absolute crap bottom six, just like last year. The D will still be old and slow with boyle, stuart, and murray playing lots of minutes, and the sharks will struggle early and find themselves one injury away from missing the PO's entirely, just like last year.

I truly hope Im wrong, but it's clear dougie has his MO, and he is following it to a T. Never draft the best player available even if there is a little risk, always overpay for crappy 4th line, bottom pairing UFA's. He has followed that path every year for at least the last 3 years, and the team continues its steady decline as its key guys get older and older and the farm is unable to replenish as needed.