• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Canucks at Bruins | 1pm ET | 1/7 | on NHLN

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
801! :L

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first point of contact was shoulder to knee/thigh watch it again

and he didnt go in there to play the puck

he went in there ready to hurt because he knew salo was coming and was butt hurt because salo tied him up earlier in the play and he couldnt get the puck past him out of the zone ... also threw 2 punches at back of salos head earlier in that play

Gotta say I disagree, jstew. He was giving Salo the rough stuff earlier (which in itself should have been a penalty), but he broke away to collect the puck. Salo wasn't even there until it was an inch off of Marchand's stick, and that's when he ducked down. And I really see Salo catching nothing but abdomen and hip - not shoulder.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, maybe I lied a little.

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Both fanbases have reason to be "whiny pussies". You guys won the shit show, so less pussy whining from your side for obvious reasons. Officiating truly fucked that game up HUGE.

Agreed. A blown non-icing call made the score closer than it should have been.
Yes, the refs were horrible. But for/against both sides.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I think I'm done with this thread, I'm getting fat, no more :pop2: for me

Well if you'd stop dousing it in butter ya lard ass. :nono:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I disagree, jstew. He was giving Salo the rough stuff earlier (which in itself should have been a penalty), but he broke away to collect the puck. Salo wasn't even there until it was an inch off of Marchand's stick, and that's when he ducked down. And I really see Salo catching nothing but abdomen and hip - not shoulder.

He did not even play the puck to get it out .. which you expect on that play ... chip it up the boards and out ... he feigns it and goes low

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. A blown non-icing call made the score closer than it should have been.
Yes, the refs were horrible. But for/against both sides.

You bring that up religiously... How about the 5on3 PP you guys were awarded after that ridiculously outnumbered scrum which led to the first goal of the game in Vancouvers favor which completely changed the momentum of the game.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i watch it over and over again .. where does Marchands hip hit salo???

salo goes over his back for god sakes

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he's been suspended for a slew foot ... an elbow to the back of an opponents head and he deserves no more than 3 for targetting an opponents knees

not a repeat offender at all .. no need to escalate the message

/remind me of burrows suspension history?

I had forgotten his history. Perhaps he deserves 3-4.

I still don't think the offense was THAT bad. He deserves to be suspended, but it wasn't the end of the world.

Salo is coming right at him, so the opposing player is not unsuspecting. It doesn't appear premeditated.

EDIT: Just watched the whole sequence again; Marchand deserves 4-5 games. The intent is there. He tries to punch Salo in a battle 10 seconds earlier. He sees it's Salo and then goes for his knees.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not even play the puck to get it out .. which you expect on that play ... chip it up the boards and out ... he feigns it and goes low

Yeah, he doesn't touch it, which is why I say interference, but he does go after the puck - he does not go directly after Salo. Salo comes to him, and Marchand ducks. Interference, but not some planned second assault on Salo. If he wanted to take out Salo, he would've been skating towards Salo - not where the puck is along the boards.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he doesn't touch it, which is why I say interference, but he does go after the puck - he does not go directly after Salo. Salo comes to him, and Marchand ducks. Interference, but not some planned second assault on Salo. If he wanted to take out Salo, he would've been skating towards Salo - not where the puck is along the boards.

lol why would he make it obvious? he's a cunning, calculating guy ... he delivered 2 shots to the back of salos head prior to this incident and i think this is what shanahan might point to ...

when Marchand dropped down low to cover he saw sedin had taken the point so he knew Salo was going to be the player coming low into the zone to go for the loose puck at the boards

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I believe Salo should get 1 when he comes back from his concussion.
oh for fuck's sake.
He went in to get the puck, saw Salo, and ducked because he's a delicate flower who didn't want to take a check. And he didn't use his shoulders.
no shoulder?
Marchand-Salo-hit1.jpg

wow

don taylor just called in team1040 and made my exact previous point lol

and i am not don taylor

marchand was out to get salo that entire shift after losing the earlier puck battle to him
maybe Taylor read this too Bruins’ Brad Marchand’s claim that he was just protecting himself is nonsense

and i watch it over and over again .. where does Marchands hip hit salo?
??

I can see the confusion. Marshmont is an ass-face, so sometimes people could mistake one end from t'other.