• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Canucks at Bruins | 1pm ET | 1/7 | on NHLN

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momentum of Salo's force? Thats elementary physics.

Or, in terms I prefer, he's like a wedge Battlebot. He's Minion without the sawblade. Any contact initiated by a different Battlebot results in hang time.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i do recall OHL coaches survey a couple years back gave Cody hardest shot and smartest player in all of OHL at the time ... Tavares and Stamkos in the same league at the time

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh first bruins fans are doctors saying that salo doesnt have a concussion now theyre physicists explaining the mechanics of the hit lol

must be the MIT effect lol

lmfao

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momentum of Salo's force? Thats elementary physics.

Partly. Thanks for the science lesson. However, Marchand stands up while Salo is in contact with him and tosses him over his shoulder/back to help the tumble.

Meh. The guy led with his shoulder at knee-level and it wasn't a severe knee injury only because 1) there wasn't a tonne of speed involved and 2) Salo was able to pivot slightly so that it wasn't a straight-on impact.

Give Marchand his 2-4 games and hope he learns his lesson.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i do recall OHL coaches survey a couple years back gave Cody hardest shot and smartest player in all of OHL at the time ... Tavares and Stamkos in the same league at the time

Stamkos always struck me as a doof. One of those guys that might do a post-game interview like: "Me take big shot. Big shot go in net. Me happy." I imagine one of the Lightning vets has to keep him on a leash in shopping malls so that he doesn't wander off towards the stores with shiny lights.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Marchand his 2-4 games and hope he learns his lesson.

slew foot cost him a couple ... elbow to the back of a head cost him another couple

I definitely think he's learning a lesson if he gets a couple of more for this

/just not the lesson everyone wants him to learn

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Twitter debate today: "my very good team intermixed with douchebags is slightly better than your very good team intermixed with douchebags."

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chia on AV's dumb comments...

After the Bruins' 4-3 loss to the Canucks in their Stanley Cup finals rematch Saturday, Bruins coach Claude Julien said Marchand was protecting himself when he hit Salo, a remark that enraged the Canucks.

"That's a stupid comment," Vigneault said from Sunrise, Fla., according to The Province, a British Columbia newspaper. "What Marchand did there, you could end a player's career doing that and I've never seen Sami Salo take a run at any player in the NHL. All I've seen Sami Salo do is play with integrity and play the right way.

"Marchand -- this is just my feeling on this -- someday he's going to get it. Somebody is going to say enough is enough and they're going to hurt the kid, because he plays to hurt players, and in my mind if the league doesn't take care of it, somebody else will."

Chiarelli was angered by the latter remark, saying, "I think we've learned our lesson over time that that's a real inappropriate comment. That's a real inappropriate comment and it's an unprofessional comment. There's a carryover effect from the playoffs; it's a big game, it's a hyped-up game, and there's a lot of probably pent-up emotion that goes behind that comment. Having said all that, they shouldn't say stuff like that."

Marchand and Chiarelli had a disciplinary hearing via conference call with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan on Monday afternoon.

"It's not normally my style to respond in the media to stuff like that, especially when there's a hearing coming up," Chiarelli said. "I would like to respond in the spirit of protecting our player. The comments made about our player, I don't like that. Brad does play on the edge, but he's no dirtier than two or three of their players."

He added: "I just feel the need to respond. Whether it's from coaches, GMs, or players, I don't like to hear that kind of stuff. There's a lobbying element to it. I feel the league does a real good job in these hearings and I don't think it's necessary to have that out there."

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos always struck me as a doof. One of those guys that might do a post-game interview like: "Me take big shot. Big shot go in net. Me happy." I imagine one of the Lightning vets has to keep him on a leash in shopping malls so that he doesn't wander off towards the stores with shiny lights.

i never got that impression ... always thought of him having an aura ... always won ... at everything ... minor soccer, lacrosse, hockey ... his training vid's show hes a smart dedicated disciplined pro at a young age

but then he just unexplicably disappeared for that long stretch last season

so maybe he got beamed back up to the mothership ... idk?

/meanwhile i picture Cody as a Tim tebow with skill ... chosen boy who will eventually rise to great heights

for christ sakes ... he was touched by the pope as a kid ... dont go there

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV shouldnt have said that but Julien shouldnt have implied Marchand was trying to protect himself when he hit Salo ... utterly ridiculous explanation ... the guy made of glass was going to obliterate Marchand ... right??? .... right??

maybe the monday night football guys could quickly bring this up on their "CMON MAN" segment

/but honestly what was Julien going to say ... throw his own player under the bus?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody reminds me of a young Trevor Linden.

If it wasn't for the freak injuries this kid suffered he'd be a force now IMO.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody reminds me of a young Trevor Linden.

If it wasn't for the freak injuries this kid suffered he'd be a force now IMO.

yup i was way too hard on the kid ... he tried to play through some serious damage

god is simply testing his son

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Driving... at... puck...

He was skating towards the puck at the boards. If you're saying that Salo's last second turn saved his knee/leg/ankle, then are you saying that he did not get clipped with a shoulder, because I thought that was your point here.
back of knee is still knee.
had it been front or side of knee (where he was aiming), Salo's leg would be done for.

Badass. Does he do the Canucks accuracy shooting competitions by chance? He should take up the Kent Nilsson challenge and blast them from center ice.
he hasn't yet. still a rookie.
our skills comp is coming up within a month or so.
that sound is just flat out beautiful, isn't it

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

@RonHNIC

Did everyone see Burrows spear Thornton in the THROAT? Don't bother to go look on YouTube. He did it, trust me.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

@RonHNIC

Did everyone see Burrows spear Thornton in the THROAT? Don't bother to go look on YouTube. He did it, trust me.

Doesn't matter where he speared him, fact of the matter is he did. Which sparked that whole shit show. That 5on3 should never have happened.