• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

game thread (panthers)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 wins in a row! How 'bout that! The Defense really showed up on the big plays...still a little concerned about the lack of O...but when you win and Trubisky gains experience that's always a plus. Back half of the schedule can be really good for our bears.

I gotta get ready for my hockey game now. Cheers! Nice to get that W!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front 4 is legit. Hicks, Goldman, Bullard, even Unrein are beasts up front. Floyd played great today. He is looking more and more like he could be something special.

I think Christian Jones has been a very pleasant surprise. Our secondary looks lights out right now. Fuller and Amakumara are balling, and Amos and Jackson have played spectacularly the last couple of weeks.

The D has looked like the D of old lately, and that is very gratifying.

The O is definitely a concern and everybody knows it. No on is pretending it's great. But if Howard and Cohen can keep churning out yards, they will be competitive. Trubs seems to make a few plays when absolutely necessary. Our receivers are shit, with none really being guys that are going to make many plays for their QB.

They keep playing great D and winning the turnover battle, and they can win some games here. :yahoo:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how 'bout these bears, i gotta say, impressive!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O is definitely a concern and everybody knows it. No on is pretending it's great. But if Howard and Cohen can keep churning out yards, they will be competitive. Trubs seems to make a few plays when absolutely necessary. Our receivers are shit, with none really being guys that are going to make many plays for their QB.

YEah, its a concern for sure... Its early, but we didn't spend all that draft capital to move up one spot to draft Kyle Orton Jr...

Yes, I'm being patient for sure. A win is a win, but "special" quarterbacks MAKE a WR good sometimes. Just want to see that special spark that let's you know that he has "it"...

That said, I mean shit, we only threw the ball seven time... LMAO!!! That is freakin' awesome! Nebraska and Oklahoma of the 70s and 80s threw more than that! :D

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Fuller was incredible yesterday. Gotta love contract years and healthy players.

Really dont know what Loggains is doing with Mitchell. Almost like he said we have this explosive player who plays better leaving the pocket, but are going to make a pocket passer out of him. Its not that he took sacks, its that he took sacks looking at open receivers. Cant have this guy playing afraid and its pretty much how they are "developing" him. Next there will be ghost footsteps.

You are up two touchdowns most of the game and the defense was stopping everything.

Eddie Jackson gets the randy orton #outtanowhere just flying into the camera shot at top speed and never looking back.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game yesterday,and that defense looked awesome.............I know Carolinas o-line may not be the best around,but we had what 5-6 sacks and pressured Cam all day.............not sure wht it looked like on tv,but I thought they were very impressive.........kudos.

Trubisky........He needs some help.....My son n I were laughing at the huge difference in t.o.p.,1st downs and 3rd down conversions.........Carolina dominated in those areas.............That's horrible......You cant win that way.

Trubisky only threw a few times in the game......why?.......Is it cause our best part of the o is the run game and we have zero air attack?

I dunno know,but the play selection yesterday left me shaking my head............If we are gonna develop Trubisky into a quality qb,he needs to throw more that 7xs a game.......sheesh.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as dominant as the D was yesterday, once up by 14, the only way we were going to lose was if Trubs fucked up and turned it over.

That coupled with our WR's being mediocre at best, and the fact that the O didn't even take the field til damn near the 2nd quarter, attributed to the lack of throwing attempts.

@Payton, as far as having that "it" factor, I would say go watch the 3rd and 11 conversion last week in OT against Baltimore. If that play doesn't showcase what he can do, then I don't know what does. And I bet the diminutive Kendall Wright would say Trubs made him look good there. We have a group of small, inexperienced WR's, that for the most part require the ball right in the numbers, with no traffic near em'.

The kid is bawls accurate from any throwing angle. He is smart, athletic and protects the football. Both fumbles were blindside breakdowns and the pick against Minnesota was just him trying to make a play and a great play by Harrison Smith, who may be the best safety in the NFL.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Fuller was incredible yesterday. Gotta love contract years and healthy players.

Really dont know what Loggains is doing with Mitchell. Almost like he said we have this explosive player who plays better leaving the pocket, but are going to make a pocket passer out of him. Its not that he took sacks, its that he took sacks looking at open receivers. Cant have this guy playing afraid and its pretty much how they are "developing" him. Next there will be ghost footsteps.

You are up two touchdowns most of the game and the defense was stopping everything.

Eddie Jackson gets the randy orton #outtanowhere just flying into the camera shot at top speed and never looking back.

Trubs is a pocket-passer who can run. Ideally, you would much rather have a QB in the pocket than out, as rollouts en sech cut the field in half. And as far as him taking sacks "when receivers are open", I am not seeing that at all. I see receivers struggling to get any separation, and a QB who recognizes that the only way they could lose, is if he turns it over.

At some point they will have to let loose a little, but for now...two wins in a row, against good teams. I'd say the recipe is working so far. It ain't pretty, but ugly wins are still wins.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs is a pocket-passer who can run. Ideally, you would much rather have a QB in the pocket than out, as rollouts en sech cut the field in half. And as far as him taking sacks "when receivers are open", I am not seeing that at all. I see receivers struggling to get any separation, and a QB who recognizes that the only way they could lose, is if he turns it over.

At some point they will have to let loose a little, but for now...two wins in a row, against good teams. I'd say the recipe is working so far. It ain't pretty, but ugly wins are still wins.

I should have started that response saying Olin Kruetz made that comment on the score this morning. He said he watched the film last night and again this morning and said the line did a good enough job of picking up the blitz, Howard made a block, and Miller was open at the marker. He said the best way for Trubisky to lose the line is to take a sack after they do a good enough job of picking up the blitz so he can at minimum get rid of the ball.

Just seemed real evident that Trubisky was told to stay still. Yes, wins are wins, and when we are picking 10th I am sure people will complain. But I am getting what I want anyway, a stout defensive identity to the Chicago Bear football team. All I need is for Virginia to lighten up and bring back the Honey Bears.