• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 Detroit @ New England Sunday October 9, 2022 1:00 PM

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could they be worse than Wynn is playing?
I can play better and will for less, even with a bad ticker.
Could they be worse than Wynn is playing?
Anyone notice that the Lions #55 saved Wynn yesterday? Second quarter he gave up a sack by a flag on #55 for grabbing Henry beyond five yards gave the Patriots a first down.. Give the rookie from Minot State a shot and see if starting lights a fire under his ass.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can play better and will for less, even with a bad ticker.

Anyone notice that the Lions #55 saved Wynn yesterday? Second quarter he gave up a sack by a flag on #55 for grabbing Henry beyond five yards gave the Patriots a first down.. Give the rookie from Minot State a shot and see if starting lights a fire under his ass.
Putting polish on the trade-in?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think Isaiah does a lot of things really well for us and has been a consistent good play for us,” Patricia said. “Certainly, we all want to cut back on whatever mistakes that we’re making out there from that standpoint. And, in the early part of the year, we understand there is a little bit of that transition. … But he’s done a really good job of just moving to the other side of the ball, and Trent switched sides also.”

I'm sorry Matt, but your excuses for Wynn is doesn't come close to cutting it.

His biggest physical problem is that he has extremely poor foot speed. His inability to move laterally creates the first problem.
His second physical problem is that he has extremely short arms. That creates the inability to extend and push a defender out of the path he's taking to the QB.
His third Problem is that he can't stop grabbing a defender's jersey when that defender makes a quick adjustment.

Combined, it's a death knell for the QB if an RB isn't staying back in the pocket. When Wynn can get in front of a defender, the RB will become the relief valve on the play.

For some reason, Wynn cannot make the adjustment to the right side and run block. The Patriots' best right side running plays are through the space between Owenue and Andrews. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all outside sweeps are to the left and never around Wynn.,

If there is no one better, then I can understand why BB doesn't sit him.

IMO, I thought Marcus Cannon did a very good job when he went in against the Packers. LTs are the hardest OL to find. Somewhere out there, there has to be at least two hundred guys working 40 hour a week jobs that could step in and play better than Wynn. They played Dov. 1, Div. II, Div. III and never got as much as a sniff.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think Isaiah does a lot of things really well for us and has been a consistent good play for us,” Patricia said. “Certainly, we all want to cut back on whatever mistakes that we’re making out there from that standpoint. And, in the early part of the year, we understand there is a little bit of that transition. … But he’s done a really good job of just moving to the other side of the ball, and Trent switched sides also.”

I'm sorry Matt, but your excuses for Wynn is doesn't come close to cutting it.

His biggest physical problem is that he has extremely poor foot speed. His inability to move laterally creates the first problem.
His second physical problem is that he has extremely short arms. That creates the inability to extend and push a defender out of the path he's taking to the QB.
His third Problem is that he can't stop grabbing a defender's jersey when that defender makes a quick adjustment.

Combined, it's a death knell for the QB if an RB isn't staying back in the pocket. When Wynn can get in front of a defender, the RB will become the relief valve on the play.

For some reason, Wynn cannot make the adjustment to the right side and run block. The Patriots' best right side running plays are through the space between Owenue and Andrews. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all outside sweeps are to the left and never around Wynn.,

If there is no one better, then I can understand why BB doesn't sit him.

IMO, I thought Marcus Cannon did a very good job when he went in against the Packers. LTs are the hardest OL to find. Somewhere out there, there has to be at least two hundred guys working 40 hour a week jobs that could step in and play better than Wynn. They played Dov. 1, Div. II, Div. III and never got as much as a sniff.
Patricia isn't saying he's played lights out, mistake free football. It sounds more like he's saying despite the visual appearance he's done what's being asked. Line play is a team sport with it's own strategy so we fans never completely know what a lineman's job is based on the way we see a play unfold.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest part of Matt Pafatty's comment is the unspoken part...

"So, with that said, who will give me a second round pick? A third? A pick, any pick? Anyone??"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally signed up for Gamepass and watched the Lions game.
It was not as good an effort as I had heard.
Lions where 0 for 5 on 4th down by my count.
Lions got a lot of chunk plays.
Patriots were terrible in the redzone.
Lions picked on Josh Ueche in coverage.

We have a long ways to go......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally signed up for Gamepass and watched the Lions game.
It was not as good an effort as I had heard.
Lions where 0 for 5 on 4th down by my count.
Lions got a lot of chunk plays.
Patriots were terrible in the redzone.
Lions picked on Josh Ueche in coverage.

We have a long ways to go......
0 for 6.