• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 Detroit @ New England Sunday October 9, 2022 1:00 PM

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m wondering how the game would’ve gone today with Mac at QB. More TD’s? More INT’s?

Not sure how much longer he’s out but if Zappe wins a few more games will we have our first QB controversy on our hands in 20 years?
They will let Jones rest and get back to 100% I would say after Zappe game today. That would be the smart move. No need to rush a decision now.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m wondering how the game would’ve gone today with Mac at QB. More TD’s? More INT’s?

Not sure how much longer he’s out but if Zappe wins a few more games will we have our first QB controversy on our hands in 20 years?
They will let Jones rest and get back to 100% I would say after Zappe game today. That would be the smart move.

Think they said 4-6 weeks, 8 with operation for Mac. Who knows at this point?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@sharkymcwrath
On the “if Mac played today” comment, all I can say is that Zappe did more with the same players as Jones did in 4 games to start season. Time will tell.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevenson had a career game. Picked up the slack after Harris injury. Where are the other RB to help him?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Zappe as well. Good game plan and play calling. Keep the kid out of trouble.

But let's pump the brakes just a bit. Detroit was the worst defense in the league and lost multiple DBs during the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really really liking Jack Jones.
I do as well but he needs to put himself in check both verbally and some of his actions.

BB has a way of finding and teaching up DBs. Wish he had half the luck with WRs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the game. Still going over each play two ior three times to see what's working and what isn't.

Three things stand out huge:

1. Trent Brown and Cole Strange are really starting to work together. Everything to the left of Zappe is solid.
2. The run game to the right (Wynn/Owenue ) is useless. Owenue is holding his own but Wynn is as useless as tits on a bull.
3. On two plays to left where the RB has been caught from his right, I've watched and rewatched Wynn pretty much let the LB go to make the tackle and has been standing by himself without as much a defender within three yards, except for the tackler who made the play.

For the life of me, I can't understand what compels BB to continue to play the guy. He's truly a liability. Give cannon a shot or Herron, even more, Sabatian Gutierrez the rookie form Minot State University.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not get to watch the game, I watched highlights on Youtube, my thoughts on my limited watching exp.

1. Zappe looked really comfortable in the pocket made some great throws the one INT was not on him IMO.
2. Stevenson has a heluva day.
3. Judon is a stud.
4. Nice to see Duggar score.
5. Some great plays by a young secondary.
6. Very opportunistic defense which in the end translates to situational football.
7. Would really like to see the redzone offense improve.
8. Nice to have Jakobi back.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. Damn I love the Reds. Never did like the Flying Elvis
They showed up about the same time as Parcels and Bledsoe and soon became associated with the new "winning" Pats compared to the reds that experienced so little winning. Looking back, I don't recall anyone actually liking the FE.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the game. Still going over each play two ior three times to see what's working and what isn't.

Three things stand out huge:

1. Trent Brown and Cole Strange are really starting to work together. Everything to the left of Zappe is solid.
2. The run game to the right (Wynn/Owenue ) is useless. Owenue is holding his own but Wynn is as useless as tits on a bull.
3. On two plays to left where the RB has been caught from his right, I've watched and rewatched Wynn pretty much let the LB go to make the tackle and has been standing by himself without as much a defender within three yards, except for the tackler who made the play.

For the life of me, I can't understand what compels BB to continue to play the guy. He's truly a liability. Give cannon a shot or Herron, even more, Sabatian Gutierrez the rookie form Minot State University.
I have not gotten to see the game yet. Maybe this evening.
We don't know how good Zappe is yet. Great game - small sample size? I like the kid
Wynn is stinking the place up all the time now. Maybe he needs a shrink? Is he one of those players who takes the few million he has made on this rookie contract and says "bye" at the end of this year?
When Cannon left we were ready to see him go. He is a backup - not an everyday player any more.
I guarantee that Bill is looking at his other options carefully

Note: Miami's RT situation is dire. They are killing QB's and might run out! Not a lot of available tackles out there.....