• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs NE Patriots 10/3/2021 8:30 PM EST NBC

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of disappointing that twice now Mac has played pretty good (Miami and Tampa) and with the game on the line they take it out of his hands. And both times the Patriots have failed. Harris fumble and Folk miss. Let the kid play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did fall asleep at half time and watched the rest of the game at 5:11 am this morning.

Two things stand out.

1. Mac Jones is a damn good QB. 31/40 for 295. 77.5% completion. He out performed the GOAT and his team shit in his shoes.

2. Patriots defense is damn good.

Two other things stand out.

1. The offensive line is just plain horrible.

2. The RBs cannot take care of the ball.

Isaiah Wynn has concrete feet and cannot move quickly enough to get in front of a speed rusher. Wynn is physically weak. He got pancaked three times last night. Owenue is dumb as a post. How often has BB said, "Do YOUR job."?? Nope, gotta help Wynn and give the guy he's supposed to block a free shot at Mac.

Inside the Red Zone and another RB give away. If the Pats had been able to hold on to the ball and just kick a FG in the 3rd quarter, this would have completely changed the outcome. the Bucs would have been down 10-6 and Arians would have played exactly as he did and the Pats would have scored at least 20.

Most irritating. When Mac is in the 'Hurry up" he performs at about a 90% completion rate and rips defenses to shreds.

Worst performance. Patriots had -1 yard rushing for the game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf are you talking about?

Under my avatar it states “Location: Boston”. You have that turned off or something?
Ha, yeah - never noticed the word "location", I was interpreting the teams you follow.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fumble
There must be something else in replay they use to determine this. Maybe frame count? As in, you need to possess it for 10, or 20 or 50 frames too constitute enough time possessed. They can't just arbitrarily decide or else that would have been a fumble.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did fall asleep at half time and watched the rest of the game at 5:11 am this morning.

Two things stand out.

1. Mac Jones is a damn good QB. 31/40 for 295. 77.5% completion. He out performed the GOAT and his team shit in his shoes.

Isaiah Wynn has concrete feet and cannot move quickly enough to get in front of a speed rusher. Wynn is physically weak. He got pancaked three times last night. Owenue is dumb as a post. How often has BB said, "Do YOUR job."?? Nope, gotta help Wynn and give the guy he's supposed to block a free shot at Mac.

Inside the Red Zone and another RB give away. If the Pats had been able to hold on to the ball and just kick a FG in the 3rd quarter, this would have completely changed the outcome. the Bucs would have been down 10-6 and Arians would have played exactly as he did and the Pats would have scored at least 20.

Most irritating. When Mac is in the 'Hurry up" he performs at about a 90% completion rate and rips defenses to shreds.

I disagree about the defense. I'm not saying they suck, just that at times they were pushed all over the field.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about the defense. I'm not saying they suck, just that at times they were pushed all over the field.
Mistakes put the defense on the field too long.
They played a very good game and excellent game plan.

Two things stand out.

1. check
2. check
3. They were certainly outplayed in this configuration
Onwenue has had to help out on either side. Only con on Onwenu is he does not move well. He plays best when he can man his spot.
Offense had generally a good game plan. I question our running attack.
Harris needs to be spelled sometimes, he is having to help the O-line. We have nobody to spell Harris. Who do you want? Bolden? Taylor is not cutting it. 2 fumbles and -1 yards could not be much worse. They were salivating over him getting the ball. He will likely be gone bfore the season ends.
Patriots coaching staff: fure out how to get some yards for thee running backs! Each week has gotten progressively worse!

Great game! A last minute DONK from Mac beating Brady. As it was, Mac was the best QB on the field.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistakes put the defense on the field too long.
They played a very good game and excellent game plan.

1. check
2. check
3. They were certainly outplayed in this configuration
Onwenue has had to help out on either side. Only con on Onwenu is he does not move well. He plays best when he can man his spot.
Offense had generally a good game plan. I question our running attack.
Harris needs to be spelled sometimes, he is having to help the O-line. We have nobody to spell Harris. Who do you want? Bolden? Taylor is not cutting it. 2 fumbles and -1 yards could not be much worse. They were salivating over him getting the ball. He will likely be gone bfore the season ends.
Patriots coaching staff: fure out how to get some yards for thee running backs! Each week has gotten progressively worse!

Great game! A last minute DONK from Mac beating Brady. As it was, Mac was the best QB on the field.

I was high on Taylor but mostly because Fears repeatedly referred to him as "Little Dion". Taylor is not anywhere near Dion Lewis talent. Case closed.

OK. Bolden can hold onto the ball but he doesn't have any explosive plays in him. He just doesn't. Stevenson needs to play and he needs to play now.

I do feel like the Pats receivers and TE's are possibly turning a corner and finally getting into the same playbook (though TB's secondary sucks so maybe it goes back to last week) . But weird that we have to rely on a rookie QB instead of the "stable" of RB's we thought we had.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the positive side, I like this Jones kid.

I like him a lot too. That said, he is gonna get picked for a pick-6 soon. Not sure what you call the play but basically the receiver runs out and then turns and comes back for the ball. The Pats keep running that play effectively. TB caught on yesterday and nearly picked one 10 minutes after I told my wife we were going to get picked on that play. Hopefully Josh can expand the playbook a little bit because as great as some of these plays are they are getting repetitive.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him a lot too. That said, he is gonna get picked for a pick-6 soon. Not sure what you call the play but basically the receiver runs out and then turns and comes back for the ball. The Pats keep running that play effectively. TB caught on yesterday and nearly picked one 10 minutes after I told my wife we were going to get picked on that play. Hopefully Josh can expand the playbook a little bit because as great as some of these plays are they are getting repetitive.
The play is called the 15X Buttonhook. Outside receiver goes out 15 yards and comes back 5. The defender has to brake and turn allowing the WR to catch and turn upfield. Hogan used to be the best at this and Malcolm Mitchell was getting there.

The play that he needs to give Mac the keys for is the XY Cross Seam 17/ Opposite side receivers take off, the X goes up 5 and angles across the field the Y(slot) takes off and goes 10 straight and cuts. About 15 or 16 yards they pass about 3-4 yards apart and the defenders sometime hiccup and the safety is forced to cover one of the two with the CB. This is the pass that the QB must watch for a roaming LB.

I coached for 44 years and these have been around since Jesus Christ was a cowboy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got to watch the game, this team is not losing games because of Mac Jones that's for damn sure. Dammit open up the playbook Josh. Kid makes every throw accurately, reads the D, goes through his progressions and had a 4.0. I thought the O Line was supposed to be great???? Mac took a lot of hits, some are his fault he needs to learn how to work the pocket better. Still feel like our WRs suck.

DOINK Dammit we were that close.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got to watch the game, this team is not losing games because of Mac Jones that's for damn sure. Dammit open up the playbook Josh. Kid makes every throw accurately, reads the D, goes through his progressions and had a 4.0. I thought the O Line was supposed to be great???? Mac took a lot of hits, some are his fault he needs to learn how to work the pocket better. Still feel like our WRs suck.

DOINK Dammit we were that close.
....and the Pats played far less than a perfect game. For the most part, what looks good is good and what looks bad seems fixable though the OL and running game (probably 78% or so related) might be a bit more.