• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 NE Patriots vs LA Chargers 10/31/2021 4:05 PM EST CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-4 Patriots will travel to LA and face the 4-2 Chargers at SoFi Stadium.

Let's hope that there are no injury issues. This is Week 8 and bunch of guys ar eligible to come of the IR. Stidham and T, Brown are the two biggest names.
Hopefully Hightower will be ready.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a tough game in the AFC so it's important, need this W for sure. Will hope for the best.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next two road games will be tough. Chargers really get up for tough opponents but always seem to struggle against what they think are sifter teams. They're coming of a Bye and had last week off. For some teams, the bye is a curse. for others a blessing. We'll find out what the week off does to them.

Then it's on to Cleveland. I'll leave that until after we get to see how the Patriots do against the Chargers.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a tough game in the AFC so it's important, need this W for sure. Will hope for the best.
Chargers worst rushing defense in the NFL
Chargers are 2nd worst in passes defended.

"Starting along the defensive line, the Chargers do not have the talent to consistently hold their own at the point of attack, which is why ball carriers have had so many holes to run through. Furthermore, the second and third levels are to blame, considering there have been missed tackles far too often."

Chargers are bottom 10 in rushing
Chargers have a one-sided offense. Patriots can beat any one-sided team in the NFL - including the Chargers!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers worst rushing defense in the NFL
Chargers are 2nd worst in passes defended.

"Starting along the defensive line, the Chargers do not have the talent to consistently hold their own at the point of attack, which is why ball carriers have had so many holes to run through. Furthermore, the second and third levels are to blame, considering there have been missed tackles far too often."

Chargers are bottom 10 in rushing
Chargers have a one-sided offense. Patriots can beat any one-sided team in the NFL - including the Chargers!
Those are excellent points, and I agree 100%. The run game showed out this weekend so the potential is there and it will open the passing game.

Point well made and taken.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are excellent points, and I agree 100%. The run game showed out this weekend so the potential is there and it will open the passing game.

Chargers special teams are a disaster.

kickoff touchback percentage is 41.94, ranking 30th in the league.

The return game has been woeful, particularly the kicking department.
L.A. is last in average yards per kick
return (16.5) and average starting field position on kickoffs (20.9-yard line).

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone notice "little JJ Taylor" flatten a db at the goal line yesterday? If that happens to you, what are you thinking when Harris or Stevens is running toward you?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't have Stevenson inactive. Fuck the BB doghouse. The kid is a rookie and will make mistakes. Coach him and get over the pissy pants punishment for missing a block or fumbling the football. Grow the fuck up and make him play his way back.

You wonder why players leave? I WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE AN ADULT NOT A KINDERGARTENER.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't have Stevenson inactive. Fuck the BB doghouse. The kid is a rookie and will make mistakes. Coach him and get over the pissy pants punishment for missing a block or fumbling the football. Grow the fuck up and make him play his way back.

You wonder why players leave? I WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE AN ADULT NOT A KINDERGARTENER.
I honestly think the BB "dog house" is overstated. Stevenson still has to grow in the area of providing protection and that's a huge part of being an NFL RB. Early during game week a game plan is established and practicing begins toward that. The best players to meet that plan are active.

More professional football is played during practices than during games. Stevenson played a lot of football all week. The best thing he can do for the team is to practice at his best (with an emphasis on improving himself). Whether he plays at all or plays well during games is less relevant that we realize.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice "little JJ Taylor" flatten a db at the goal line yesterday? If that happens to you, what are you thinking when Harris or Stevens is running toward you?
I love watching shorter RBs with monster legs, they are fun to watch

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the BB "dog house" is overstated. Stevenson still has to grow in the area of providing protection and that's a huge part of being an NFL RB. Early during game week a game plan is established and practicing begins toward that. The best players to meet that plan are active.

More professional football is played during practices than during games. Stevenson played a lot of football all week. The best thing he can do for the team is to practice at his best (with an emphasis on improving himself). Whether he plays at all or plays well during games is less relevant that we realize.
Yep we know he has the field talent, time in the film room can do him wonders.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also just like all RBs active for this game.. Also.. Why not put two of them out there at a time sometimes? It would get the defense thinking its a running play and we've seen Bolden able to catch the ball, Harris can as well.. Stevenson and Taylor I believe an as well

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also just like all RBs active for this game.. Also.. Why not put two of them out there at a time sometimes? It would get the defense thinking its a running play and we've seen Bolden able to catch the ball, Harris can as well.. Stevenson and Taylor I believe an as well
so who do u make inactive then?
We need more defenders than we do RBs and stevenson stinks in pass blocking/picking up the blitz
He about got mac killed last week when he missed a block
Theres more to being a RB than running the ball:suds:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know it's BB making that call and not Ivan Fears?

Also, how do we know that Stevenson didn't have a shitty week of practice? How do we know that the Pats didn't decide that Taylor was the better fit game plan-wise against the Jets?

There's a whole bunch of things that could factor in to that decision that aren't all BB being "pissy pants".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know it's BB making that call and not Ivan Fears?
I don't care who's making the call. Bill makes the final call on active 48.

Who do you sit instead? How about sitting a useless piece of shit like N'Keal Harry who's been been worse than a torn archilles.

Stevenson missed the block. Coach him and make him do it a hundred times in practice.

The guy is a 6'3" 257 lbs bulldozer with an afterburner. Sending him into a D line 10 times will soften them like leaving a stick of frozen butter on a window sill in 95 degree temps.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who do u make inactive then?
We need more defenders than we do RBs and stevenson stinks in pass blocking/picking up the blitz
He about got mac killed last week when he missed a block
Theres more to being a RB than running the ball:suds:

Well they don't have any CBs so there's that. lol

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who's making the call. Bill makes the final call on active 48.

Who do you sit instead? How about sitting a useless piece of shit like N'Keal Harry who's been been worse than a torn archilles.

Stevenson missed the block. Coach him and make him do it a hundred times in practice.

The guy is a 6'3" 257 lbs bulldozer with an afterburner. Sending him into a D line 10 times will soften them like leaving a stick of frozen butter on a window sill in 95 degree temps.
17 carries for 48 yards 2.8 y/a says otherwise:suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they don't have any CBs so there's that. lol
JoJuan Williams is about to be released according to Mike Reiss.

Got him ready for this past Sunday and something went south and he was a healthy bench even though BB knew that the position was short.

Hopes are that Shaun Wade can come off the Concussion Protocol.

Word is that two CBs are supposed to be in Foxborough for workouts today or tomorrow. Gereon Conley (26) former first round pick of the Texans and Artie Burns (26) former first round pick of the Bears.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JoJuan Williams is about to be released according to Mike Reiss.

Got him ready for this past Sunday and something went south and he was a healthy bench even though BB knew that the position was short.

Hopes are that Shaun Wade can come off the Concussion Protocol.

Word is that two CBs are supposed to be in Foxborough for workouts today or tomorrow. Gereon Conley (26) former first round pick of the Texans and Artie Burns (26) former first round pick of the Bears.