• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 - Patriots vs Buffalo Bills 9/29/2019

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones 185, Allen 237 lbs running back.
No fine.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to consider where he was... He was within a couple yards of a first down struggling to get the first. Jones' hit is legit force to keep the forward momentum from reaching the line to gain.

The whole thing is about Allen just being stupid. I don't think he was intentionally lowering his helmet, but he moved it right into the path where Jones' head was moving. For his part, Jones' head wasn't down, it was mostly up as he position his shoulder for Allen's chest.

Again, Jones' was preventing a first while Allen proved he was a puppy trying to run in the tall grass with the big dogs.

Again he was BEING DRAGGED TO THE GROUND!!!!! His Arms were wrapped up when Jones lowered the boom with the crown of his helmet. I honestly don't see how this is being argued.

I'm gonna drop this because I know what I am dealing with here.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo's D is legit and the Patriot's O-line is in tatters right now. Brady had no time to do anything and I doubt any other QB would have fared any better.

Great point. AND lesser teams with lesser QBs have not fared better so far. Everyone in the AFCE has to play the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins. My guess is that Buffalo will struggle against the Cowboys and Eagles offensively.

Regarding Josh Allen......he did lower his head and initiate contact. Jones was trying to come in low at his chest. This is the type of helmet to helmet that they were going to flag the RBs but backed off. Allen is 6'5" and 235 and like to use his size to run. This is a big boy league and QBs who think that they can run all day generally find themselves walking with crutches. The league has reviewed the play and has decided that no further action is required. If they call that a hit on a defenseless player, then they'd have to review at least 50% of all carries by a RB.

Buffalo coach is a whiner and didn't look very professional constantly pulling officials over and literally lecturing them. He did it three times during reviews of plays on the field. Bitching does nothing because the Referee is talking to New York and no matter what anyone on the field or in the stadium thinks or says, the guy looking at 23 different camera angles makes the decision.

Buffalo has a major WR/TE weakness just like the Patriots. Yje difference is that their QB doesn't have 20 years of playing in this league yet.

I think that Watson will make a big difference and that once Edelman gets healed a bit more that Brady will get back to normal. The defense knew that Edelman was not himself and posed no threat. Gordon was slowed coming off the line and Dorsett isn't big enough to fight off any defender. Brady hasn't built enough trust in Meyers to throw his way under pressure.

I'll bet that Brady throws for more than 350 yards and 4 TDs against the Redskins and has a QB rating closer to 145.8 than 48.5.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again he was BEING DRAGGED TO THE GROUND!!!!! His Arms were wrapped up when Jones lowered the boom with the crown of his helmet. I honestly don't see how this is being argued.

I'm gonna drop this because I know what I am dealing with here.
I'll watch it again but gamespeed is different than replays and Allen is clearly trying to gain a first. My recollection is Jones' positioning his shoulder and the contact with the heads both with the forehead area. It would not surprise me if Allen's issue is from the shoulder to chest hit and not the helmets.

As always, I'm not arguing my view is the only view, just sharing my real perception.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game and Buffalo's coach running off the Pat's coaches off the field* and bitching about everything is Sean McDermott the new Mike Tomlin? Will he be saying off the wall stuff about the Pat's now?
*Like the guys up on the booths can't see the field.

What do you think?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game and Buffalo's coach running off the Pat's coaches off the field* and bitching about everything is Sean McDermott the new Mike Tomlin? Will he be saying off the wall stuff about the Pat's now?
*Like the guys up on the booths can't see the field.

What do you think?
Seems to be leaning that way. I wasn't aware the coaches could not stay on the field, had never heard that before.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills had about two minutes left before the Patriots could take the field for pre-game warm-ups. McDermott noticed that several of the Pats coaches were standing near the back of end zone "watching" the Bills as they completed warm-ups.

League rules forbid teams from watching the other team's warm-ups. The Pats' coaches thought that the Bills were finished and started out on the field. No evil intent, they were just walking out of the locker room. Of course, McDermott was implementing new and unique set of offensive plays that no one had seen in 100 years in the NFL.

McDermott is bound and determined to be the next great NFL coach but he doesn't understand that the first thing that's required is 'winning'. Once you've got a Lombardi in your case, then you start to get respect. Screaming like a wounded queer only get people to shake their heads.

Sean McDermott will be an official's pain in the ass for the remainder of this season.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott is bound and determined to be the next great NFL coach but he doesn't understand that the first thing that's required is 'winning'. Once you've got a Lombardi in your case, then you start to get respect. Screaming like a wounded queer only get people to shake their heads.

Sean McDermott will be an official's pain in the ass for the remainder of this season.
"Screaming like a wounded queer"
Now that's funny, well done!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to really dislike McDermott...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If you can't beat em, bitch about em"

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blast from the not-so-distant past

MOYz.gif

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blast from the not-so-distant past

MOYz.gif
Good example of how not to use the crown of the helmet, now launching one's self is another issue. It's funny people talk about TB12 being a pussy he got right up from that hit.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems you and other are missing the point IMO. He was being tackled and pulled down when Jones lowered the boom on him, he was already in a defenseless position. I will be very surprised if Jones isn't fined.

I disagree that he "lowered the boom".
He stood his ground and put his shoulder forward.

Allen, while wrapped up, still lowered his head and continued to charge forward, knowing Jones was there to stop him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems you and other are missing the point IMO. He was being tackled and pulled down when Jones lowered the boom on him, he was already in a defenseless position. I will be very surprised if Jones isn't fined.

Allen, while wrapped up, still lowered his head and continued to charge forward, knowing Jones was there to stop him.
Was Jones supposed to step aside and let him get the first down?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he lowered the shoulder there never would have been helmet to helmet. Again Allen was being tackled ie no longer in control Jones had complete control of his body and initiated the helmet to helmet contact.

Putting this on Allen is like shanking a punt and blaming the long snapper.