• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 - Patriots vs Buffalo Bills 9/29/2019

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my entire opinion on the matter.

For several years the league has been fining players for dangerous plays. The lack of a fine is vindication. Allen may have been in the process of being tackled but he was also in the process of picking up a first down. Jones' job is to stop first downs. He did his job. He also turned his shoulder to prevent the h2h but Allen's momentum was more than he could avoid. Again, Allen's forward momentum was the primary cause of the h2h.

There was no foul by either team, despite the fact that one was called. Both players had right to the space and both filled it responsibly and a h2h was an incidental byproduct of the action. There was an injury which was caused by two players each deciding to engage aggressively. Each player is responsible for themselves, therefore Allen was responsible for his own injury.

Unless there's a rule that says the defense has to give the right of way to the offense, Jones did no wrong.

Okay doesn't make sense to me but okay

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
431b8614ede1eb19e518b393f3d828db

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my entire opinion on the matter.

For several years the league has been fining players for dangerous plays. The lack of a fine is vindication. Allen may have been in the process of being tackled but he was also in the process of picking up a first down. Jones' job is to stop first downs. He did his job. He also turned his shoulder to prevent the h2h but Allen's momentum was more than he could avoid. Again, Allen's forward momentum was the primary cause of the h2h.

There was no foul by either team, despite the fact that one was called. Both players had right to the space and both filled it responsibly and a h2h was an incidental byproduct of the action. There was an injury which was caused by two players each deciding to engage aggressively. Each player is responsible for themselves, therefore Allen was responsible for his own injury.

Unless there's a rule that says the defense has to give the right of way to the offense, Jones did no wrong.

Evidently the NFL agrees. He turned his shoulder to stop the runner who was not defenseless.

Here’s How Patriots’ Jonathan Jones Avoided Fine For Hit On Josh Allen

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so he was not fined or suspended we all get this, I take issues with people thinking it was not a penalty. It's still a flagable offense.
Because officials never make mistakes? It was not a penalty just because they called it. How exactly is Jones' supposed to know the correct amount of force to stop a first down without over applying that force? Are you thinking for the h2h? Think again. Jones' would have been fined if he had committed a penalty for that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because officials never make mistakes? It was not a penalty just because they called it. How exactly is Jones' supposed to know the correct amount of force to stop a first down without over applying that force? Are you thinking for the h2h? Think again. Jones' would have been fined if he had committed a penalty for that.

The defensive player Jones in this case initiated the hit, the process of which created a H2H situation be in incidental or intentional he still created the H2H situation which get's a flag. I really cannot understand how you can't understand this. Does not mean it's fine worthy or suspension worthy but it's still a penalty. He is responsible for the control of his body. I honestly feel at this point you are just being obtuse.

Even the posted article which really did not quote the league, stated it was not worthy of fine or suspension. that's all is said they are not arguing the call.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive player Jones in this case initiated the hit, the process of which created a H2H situation be in incidental or intentional he still created the H2H situation which get's a flag. I really cannot understand how you can't understand this. Does not mean it's fine worthy or suspension worthy but it's still a penalty. He is responsible for the control of his body. I honestly feel at this point you are just being obtuse.

Even the posted article which really did not quote the league, stated it was not worthy of fine or suspension. that's all is said they are not arguing the call.
That's funny because obtuse is the word that came to mind when I started reading your response.

Why is Jones' responsible but Allen is not? Jones' job is to stop Allen and Allen's job is to not be stopped. Allen also has a responsibility to stay on the field and to that he failed. Neither player did anything with their heads which went beyond the normal motion of continuing the play so the entire h2h is incidental.

We have a simple but fundamental disagreement.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny because obtuse is the word that came to mind when I started reading your response.

Why is Jones' responsible but Allen is not? Jones' job is to stop Allen and Allen's job is to not be stopped. Allen also has a responsibility to stay on the field and to that he failed. Neither player did anything with their heads which went beyond the normal motion of continuing the play so the entire h2h is incidental.

We have a simple but fundamental disagreement.

If I may expound...
Jones' job is to stop Allen the runner, Allen the runner's job is to not be stopped.
Allen the QB's job is to protect himself which means sliding, which of course changes Jones' job to cautiously tagging the sliding QB as down.
Most people do not see a QB as a runner even when he is running, even refs. They forget and throw flags on plays that may otherwise not be flag worthy, and that is why fines and suspensions are handed out by the league and not sideline officials.
Would that have been a flagged play if the runner had been anybody but a QB?

No.

He was not defenseless.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so he was not fined or suspended we all get this, I take issues with people thinking it was not a penalty. It's still a flagable offense.

It would not have been flagged if this was a RB.
It was only flagged because it was a QB.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not have been flagged if this was a RB.
It was only flagged because it was a QB.
I go as far as say it's ok to call a penalty for a certain degree of force beyond necessary that you wouldn't flag if applied to a running back. But here Jones' applied the proper force to stop Allen from a first. Any less and Jones' has failed his responsibility.