• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots vs NY Giants Sunday, November 26, 2023 1:00 PM (FOX)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way they are intentionally trying to tank. Owner… coaches… players have too much pride. If Belichick does leave after this season, how does tanking help him? Yes, we’ve been blown out aces games. The rest have been one possession games where we did have a chance. Tanking just isn’t going to happen. Would I like a top 3 pick? Sure…. But I’m also content with the 5-7th pick and getting a top OT. I think fixing this O-line needs to be the first thing addressed. M. Harris Jr can’t catch passes if the QB doesn’t have time.
Jr also cannot catch a ball that is thrown 10 yards too far or 10 yards too short or thrown to a defender who is just standing there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact from AWS.

Mac Jones' average pass distance vs. Indianapolis Colts in Frankfurt, Germany was 10 FEET.

Not 10 yards, 10 feet.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact from AWS.

Mac Jones' average pass distance vs. Indianapolis Colts in Frankfurt, Germany was 10 FEET.

Not 10 yards, 10 feet.
OKay but that's on who?

Mac for getting rid of the ball to quick and checking down?

Shitty O line play forcing the quick out.

Bad play calling by OC

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots OC Bill O’Brien said the team still hasn’t decided on a starting quarterback for Week 12’s matchup against the Giants.
In addition to Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe, the Patriots also have Will Grier on the roster and rookie Malik Cunningham on the practice squad. Currently sitting at 2-8 on the season, the rest of the Patriots’ 2023 campaign will focus on getting through the year and planning for the future. Their starter for 2024 and beyond is probably not on the roster at this time, but it wouldn’t hurt to see what they have in Grier or Cunningham given what we’ve seen from Jones and Zappe this season. We’ll know more on this decision later in the week, but fantasy managers can avoid whichever quarterback draws the start in Week 12 against the Giants.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Giants so the Patriots have a shot at winning this game but I bet Barkley goes off again and the Giants win

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots OC Bill O’Brien said the team still hasn’t decided on a starting quarterback for Week 12’s matchup against the Giants.
In addition to Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe, the Patriots also have Will Grier on the roster and rookie Malik Cunningham on the practice squad. Currently sitting at 2-8 on the season, the rest of the Patriots’ 2023 campaign will focus on getting through the year and planning for the future. Their starter for 2024 and beyond is probably not on the roster at this time, but it wouldn’t hurt to see what they have in Grier or Cunningham given what we’ve seen from Jones and Zappe this season. We’ll know more on this decision later in the week, but fantasy managers can avoid whichever quarterback draws the start in Week 12 against the Giants.
Still feels to me Mac is the best QB on the team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly has the most game experience.
Yeah I just go back to him winning the job pre-season. I think benching him is just bailing out BB and BOB. " Hey bench Mac we can make it look like he is the problem"!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just go back to him winning the job pre-season. I think benching him is just bailing out BB and BOB. " Hey bench Mac we can make it look like he is the problem"!

It's not bailing them out if his replacement also loses.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, but still I feel that is the train of thought,

Certainly not pointing the finger at you but there seems to be a pretty consistent belief that BB is a shitty human being who won't own up to his mistakes even while he has never thrown anybody under the bus. He has always said "we need to coach better, we need to play better" and has never pointed the finger at anybody. Not sure why he would suddenly change course and use somebody else as a scapegoat.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not pointing the finger at you but there seems to be a pretty consistent belief that BB is a shitty human being who won't own up to his mistakes even while he has never thrown anybody under the bus. He has always said "we need to coach better, we need to play better" and has never pointed the finger at anybody. Not sure why he would suddenly change course and use somebody else as a scapegoat.
Since we have had BB we had Brady for the most part and BB was never on the hot seat. It's not so much throwing anyone under the bus as much as it saving face. If Zappe comes in and wins then it appears to the world like Mac was the problem. BB has to be feeling some pressure personally at this point I feel like BOB should getting benched.

Mac has driven the ball downfield with some regularity only to have the wheels fall off the bus when in the RZ.

Maybe Mac is not the leader for this team, my only point is he beat everyone out for the job last year, this year and his rookie year, What's change in all those years?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still feels to me Mac is the best QB on the team.
Yes.

Unfortunately he's a talented petulant child with confidence issues coupled with a weak arm.

My hope is that they bring in both Mike Evans and Baker Mayfield in FA as stopgap #1 WR and a serviceable QB while solidifying the Oline in the draft.

No, I am not a huge Baker Mayfield fan, but I don't see a better FA QB and I don't see the value in trading for a better QB if this years crop of college QB's are only looking "Good".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grier is a backup. Period.
Who know what Cunningham is? What would it hurt to play him?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who know what Cunningham is? What would it hurt to play him?
Exactly.

You know why BB won't activate him?? Because he could be the razor across BB's throat. Bring him in and he starts the team on a winning streak and the Patriots finish 7-10. Malik wins five of the last sevenand even Kraft has to ask why he was on the PS for the first 10. The only thing that BB can say is, "He wasn't ready." Then comes the cruise missiles. He certainly was better than everyone that was on the 53 man roster.

BB and BOB have lost this team. The last thing that they want is for 68 players to get behind a QB that they were too egotistical to start.

Bill hasn't ever lost like he's lost over the past two years. It could very well be that the pressure on him to succeed is more than he can mentally handle at 71 years old. I'm heading for 74 but I know that I'm nowhere near the same man I was at 54. Bill isn't the same man he was at 51 either.
We, as fans, see the changes in Bill and each of us thinks we also see what his problems are. Makes one wonder if the 81 year old owner isn't seeing it or just doesn't want to believe that the road ahead is much shorter than the road behind?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

You know why BB won't activate him?? Because he could be the razor across BB's throat. Bring him in and he starts the team on a winning streak and the Patriots finish 7-10. Malik wins five of the last sevenand even Kraft has to ask why he was on the PS for the first 10. The only thing that BB can say is, "He wasn't ready." Then comes the cruise missiles. He certainly was better than everyone that was on the 53 man roster.

BB and BOB have lost this team. The last thing that they want is for 68 players to get behind a QB that they were too egotistical to start.

Bill hasn't ever lost like he's lost over the past two years. It could very well be that the pressure on him to succeed is more than he can mentally handle at 71 years old. I'm heading for 74 but I know that I'm nowhere near the same man I was at 54. Bill isn't the same man he was at 51 either.
We, as fans, see the changes in Bill and each of us thinks we also see what his problems are. Makes one wonder if the 81 year old owner isn't seeing it or just doesn't want to believe that the road ahead is much shorter than the road behind?
Cunningham plays all the time. It's called practice. If you play well when the lights aren't bright you get to play when they are. It's the one part of the BB rules that works pretty well. It's how BB knew Brady was capable of replacing Bledsoe (even though Bledsoe was in complete denial).

On a side note: I always thought it was comical Bledsoe felt lied to because he was told being injured wouldn't cost him his starting position. It didn't, being outplayed caused him being replaced.