• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots vs NY Giants Sunday, November 26, 2023 1:00 PM (FOX)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Zappe win 2 of 3 or 2 of 2 when he started last season during Mac injury? Maybe not great teams they won against, but he did ok iirc.
He threw an INT, but that ball had some heat and it looked like an accurate pass that Zappe didn't see the defender or read the defense right.
Which is one step in the right direction.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw an INT, but that ball had some heat and it looked like an accurate pass that Zappe didn't see the defender or read the defense right.
Lack of practice with the first team and coming in cold after 58 minutes on the sideline have anything to do with that??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB usually give this etire week off ad brings he tem together on second Monday following the Bye. Maybe e should consider that this tem need tom sapend more time getting together and working together than spending a week doing nothing.

This would be a perfect time for Cunninham to get two weeks of practice in with the first team. If O'Brien has half a brain, he sets up the OL to run block, including a few different QB draws and figures out a scheme that can take advantage of Brown the TE and some flash passing to Douglas. Don't do anything over 20 yeards and reduce that 1200 multi-colored plastic play sheet to half and keep everything simple for everyone including Cunningham.

Or do the same with Grier. He's 6'4" and might have a better view of the field. Might also help him make better decisions.

Of course, doing this might improve the team screw them out of a decent draft pick. What could be worse than finishing this season 5-12?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB usually give this etire week off ad brings he tem together on second Monday following the Bye. Maybe e should consider that this tem need tom sapend more time getting together and working together than spending a week doing nothing.

This would be a perfect time for Cunninham to get two weeks of practice in with the first team. If O'Brien has half a brain, he sets up the OL to run block, including a few different QB draws and figures out a scheme that can take advantage of Brown the TE and some flash passing to Douglas. Don't do anything over 20 yeards and reduce that 1200 multi-colored plastic play sheet to half and keep everything simple for everyone including Cunningham.

Or do the same with Grier. He's 6'4" and might have a better view of the field. Might also help him make better decisions.

Of course, doing this might improve the team screw them out of a decent draft pick. What could be worse than finishing this season 5-12?
Alternate Zappe and Cunningham with first team at least. even if it's just walk throughs or no pads for offense for the first week.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just read that he thought the defense was offsides, which many are saying they were, so he thought he had a free play and took a chance. He should know better than to leave it in the refs hands but that at least makes it a little less egregious since the guy has minimal experience.

Even if we don't win another game I'd rather not win them with Zappe playing QB.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that he thought the defense was offsides, which many are saying they were, so he thought he had a free play and took a chance. He should know better than to leave it in the refs hands but that at least makes it a little less egregious since the guy has minimal experience.

Even if we don't win another game I'd rather not win them with Zappe playing QB.
So good logic but still a bad/risky decision with what appeared to be a good throw.

I would still like to see him start and play a game or three. Win or lose it may help Jones hit reset and play out the rest of the year at a starting QB caliber.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How important is it we lost this game?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Poor Mac has become unwatchable. Even if they stick with him and win a few more games, he’s going to make some huge mistakes that make you want to puke.

We are all jumping to conclusions that Zappe is the same or worse. I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him to know that. They throw him in there when there is little he can do. Let him start a few games. Not saying he is the future, but at least give him a chance this season.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_3051.jpeg

I’m fine with this. Mac is playing with no confidence. But he’s still better than Zappe.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way they are intentionally trying to tank. Owner… coaches… players have too much pride. If Belichick does leave after this season, how does tanking help him? Yes, we’ve been blown out aces games. The rest have been one possession games where we did have a chance. Tanking just isn’t going to happen. Would I like a top 3 pick? Sure…. But I’m also content with the 5-7th pick and getting a top OT. I think fixing this O-line needs to be the first thing addressed. M. Harris Jr can’t catch passes if the QB doesn’t have time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way they are intentionally trying to tank. Owner… coaches… players have too much pride. If Belichick does leave after this season, how does tanking help him? Yes, we’ve been blown out aces games. The rest have been one possession games where we did have a chance. Tanking just isn’t going to happen. Would I like a top 3 pick? Sure…. But I’m also content with the 5-7th pick and getting a top OT. I think fixing this O-line needs to be the first thing addressed. M. Harris Jr can’t catch passes if the QB doesn’t have time.
I feel like if we can get at least one top WR in FA, and depth at the QB position if Fashanu or Alt are there you take them. If not get draft capital and try to take Latham or Mims later.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank with Zappe!
Yeeeaaah, tank with Zappe
Oh yeah, tank, tank, tank