• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Sign Ghost To ELC

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a ghost!

So fucking pumped right now, he & Laughton should make the squad next year. He'll eventually be our new Timonen if he can translate his game, except he'll be faster the Kimmo ever was I mean dude has insane wheels. These 2 young guys plus signing AMac makes me so happy and really exited. Here's the best part though IMO even better then having these guys the Flyers will actually have $ to spend in FA (even with some questionably valued contracts) and should be able to keep this amazing core they've brought together intact for a long time. It also gives is some flexibility if we want to go after a true #1 defenseman or legit sniper or another complimentary piece management may feel we need.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a ghost!

So fucking pumped right now, he & Laughton should make the squad next year. He'll eventually be our new Timonen if he can translate his game, except he'll be faster the Kimmo ever was I mean dude has insane wheels. These 2 young guys plus signing AMac makes me so happy and really exited. Here's the best part though IMO even better then having these guys the Flyers will actually have $ to spend in FA (even with some questionably valued contracts) and should be able to keep this amazing core they've brought together intact for a long time. It also gives is some flexibility if we want to go after a true #1 defenseman or legit sniper or another complimentary piece management may feel we need.

+1 :agree:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new era begins today. :D

Can't wait to see what he can do

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a ghost!

hey bandits, what does your buddy with the flyers think of ghost? is he thinking he can make the team next year? i still kinda assume he's a year away from solidifying a top 6 spot.. the jump from college hockey to pro hockey can be a big one.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey bandits, what does your buddy with the flyers think of ghost? is he thinking he can make the team next year? i still kinda assume he's a year away from solidifying a top 6 spot.. the jump from college hockey to pro hockey can be a big one.

Well Ryan has a man crush on Ghost honestly (he was one of the guys who actually had some imput on the decision to draft him) but he thought that Shayne should have made the pro jump after last year. I'm going to assume (since I haven't talked to him about this yet) that he feels Ghost will make it next year. I am sure that his size & strength is a concern though, I mean he's comparable to Gus and Gus gets dominated to put it nicely. The big difference between the to of them from my standpoint is that Ghost is much more mobile and proactive where as Gus still backs in and doesn't utilize his speed correctly. I know for fact that management has told the scouts that they don't want to rush anyone at this point. I know the room was torn with Laughton before this season and I'm sure that will make them take a longer look at Ghost.

I really think he could make the team next year if they don't make a move for someone in the off season (depending on how he does in the AHL and the practices with the big boys going forward) but I won't be totally surprised (mostly not totally) if he started or played the whole season with the Phantoms next year. I think a lot of it may hing on Timonen's status come to think of it, but a year in the A won't hurt him, he'll actually probably dominate.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost dominated the frozen four i wish we couldve signed Bodie also but the Rags beat us to him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ryan has a man crush on Ghost honestly (he was one of the guys who actually had some imput on the decision to draft him) but he thought that Shayne should have made the pro jump after last year. I'm going to assume (since I haven't talked to him about this yet) that he feels Ghost will make it next year. I am sure that his size & strength is a concern though, I mean he's comparable to Gus and Gus gets dominated to put it nicely. The big difference between the to of them from my standpoint is that Ghost is much more mobile and proactive where as Gus still backs in and doesn't utilize his speed correctly. I know for fact that management has told the scouts that they don't want to rush anyone at this point. I know the room was torn with Laughton before this season and I'm sure that will make them take a longer look at Ghost.

I really think he could make the team next year if they don't make a move for someone in the off season (depending on how he does in the AHL and the practices with the big boys going forward) but I won't be totally surprised (mostly not totally) if he started or played the whole season with the Phantoms next year. I think a lot of it may hing on Timonen's status come to think of it, but a year in the A won't hurt him, he'll actually probably dominate.

i really hope that they think about what's best for ghost in the future, not just put him in there because timonen retires or signs elsewhere and they don't sign a replacement in FA. i think that's what gets them in trouble with prospects sometimes. just because they're in your system and you have high hopes for them, doesn't mean they should be relied on to fill a hole that could have otherwise been filled. if that makes sense to anyone.

i really think ghost has an extremely bright future and i would rather sign timonen to another year, even at higher financial cost, than to just say eff it, put ghost in there. especially if a year in the A could help him, which i think it could. definitely excited about him signing though and can't wait to see him in the preseason and maybe the first couple games next season. (no slide rules on his contract though, so it'll start next season regardless of where he plays, if i'm not mistaken)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Murray let's Ghost be Ghost. I'm all for him rounding out his defensive game if it truly needs work, but at the end of the day that is not what's going to make him suh a desirable player. Let him rush, let him pinch, and let him play.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Murray let's Ghost be Ghost. I'm all for him rounding out his defensive game if it truly needs work, but at the end of the day that is not what's going to make him suh a desirable player. Let him rush, let him pinch, and let him play.

This is what I was thinking - Terry Murray has a tendency to not let players play to their full potential, I know the roster stinks there but when you get a great talent like Ghost, he's got to let him do his thing

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer a dman to spend the first year in the AHL but if the kid can play and make the team so be it. Trouba had a fantastic year in Wpg and got better as time went by so you just never know. Completely depends if the player is ready or not hopefully they make the right call....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be cool to see him play for the Flyers in the playoffs, but doubtful considering he's a dman. If he were a forward I would say go for it.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, Joni Pitkanen was "allowed to do his thing" until Flyers fans rode him out of town. We're not the most patient bunch, and let's not pretend otherwise.