• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Needs To Sign Corners This Week

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Question number one. I am not asking them to go find a corner that will end up being the best corner on the roster. They have a guy in Davis that they obviously don't trust enough to even put on the field. I hope they can sign a guy for depth who could maybe push for PT. We need bodies. I referenced us needing bodies back there in a previous post. That would be my reasoning.

As far as Reddick. I refuse to stand on the table for him, even though it feels like you guys think that's what I'm doing. If you read my post, I said "what's the asking price." If the asking price was low enough it's something I would welcome because I think a legit pass rusher improves our weak secondary. I also think Reddick is at an age where he could help us moving forward. If the Jets asked for anything more than a 3rd, I'd walk.

Gekoa you were the one who swore Wentz was worse than every QB on every roster and told me to find a QB worse. I gave you Nathan Peterman. Later that year Wentz got signed and Peterman was released. Now they're both in the league, so no harm no foul. However Wentz is still employed and there are a slew of QBs with experience who are not.

Skinsdad....you were the one I got into a huge debate about drafting Jayden. You were all in on Fashanu and rolling with Howell. Even after Howell regressed, you were all about builing up the line and droping the QB in later. Now all of the sudden you were all in on Harrison. Please don't make me pull recipes on you like I always do.

I don't think anyone is wrong or right. I think we just differ on how to build a roster and how aggressive that process should be. I wanted to trade for Watson. I was wrong. See....not that hard.

As far as talking in circles, I don't want to spam the board the way Dean and Duke used to. Love and respect both of them. I don't think there is anything I could say to make you agree with me and vice versa, so essentially we are talking in circles.

I hope that answered your two questions. If you don't agree with my answers, I respect that.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still want to give Forbes a week or two before I want them to scour the FA market.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Question number one. I am not asking them to go find a corner that will end up being the best corner on the roster. They have a guy in Davis that they obviously don't trust enough to even put on the field. I hope they can sign a guy for depth who could maybe push for PT. We need bodies. I referenced us needing bodies back there in a previous post. That would be my reasoning.

As far as Reddick. I refuse to stand on the table for him, even though it feels like you guys think that's what I'm doing. If you read my post, I said "what's the asking price." If the asking price was low enough it's something I would welcome because I think a legit pass rusher improves our weak secondary. I also think Reddick is at an age where he could help us moving forward. If the Jets asked for anything more than a 3rd, I'd walk.

Gekoa you were the one who swore Wentz was worse than every QB on every roster and told me to find a QB worse. I gave you Nathan Peterman. Later that year Wentz got signed and Peterman was released. Now they're both in the league, so no harm no foul. However Wentz is still employed and there are a slew of QBs with experience who are not.

Skinsdad....you were the one I got into a huge debate about drafting Jayden. You were all in on Fashanu and rolling with Howell. Even after Howell regressed, you were all about builing up the line and droping the QB in later. Now all of the sudden you were all in on Harrison. Please don't make me pull recipes on you like I always do.

I don't think anyone is wrong or right. I think we just differ on how to build a roster and how aggressive that process should be. I wanted to trade for Watson. I was wrong. See....not that hard.

As far as talking in circles, I don't want to spam the board the way Dean and Duke used to. Love and respect both of them. I don't think there is anything I could say to make you agree with me and vice versa, so essentially we are talking in circles.

I hope that answered your two questions. If you don't agree with my answers, I respect that.
I am not sure I was all in on a particular tackle and of course early on I was in on OT . But I am also sure there are receipts of me mentioning Harrison . Now I won’t deny receipts are out there saying I wanted Fashanu and I know their are receipts of me saying I didn’t like ANY of the qbs early on

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I was all in on a particular tackle and of course early on I was in on OT . But I am also sure there are receipts of me mentioning Harrison . Now I won’t deny receipts are out there saying I wanted Fashanu and I know their are receipts of me saying I didn’t like ANY of the qbs early on
I appreciate you being honest skinsdad. I know we are usually on the opposite sides of any debate, but I do respect you and you bring a lot to this board imo.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent. So who do you have in mind? What are you willing to pay? Why hasnt anybody else signed this person?

With regard to Rreddick, Jets gave up nothing to get him but you would be willing to give up a third round pick for a guy who would not play for his contract?

I am not sure what that has to do with anything but I would take Peterman at 1 million over Wentz at 20 million plus the draft capital we gave up.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. So who do you have in mind? What are you willing to pay? Why hasnt anybody else signed this person?

With regard to Rreddick, Jets gave up nothing to get him but you would be willing to give up a third round pick for a guy who would not play for his contract?

I am not sure what that has to do with anything but I would take Peterman at 1 million over Wentz at 20 million plus the draft capital we gave up.
I can't speak for other teams. I'm speaking for myself and what I feel this team could use if Forbes or Davis don't show anything over the next two weeks. The run defense is alarming as well.

Two straight games where the offense didn't punt and both were squeakers. If it continues, I hope they make a move via FA or a modest trade.

I would give up a 3rd for Hassan. I know you wouldn't and that's okay.

The Peterman thing was kind of the same argument. At the time Peterman was on a roster and Wentz was not. You were saying if Wentz was better than anyone currently on a roster he'd be on one. A few weeks later Peterman got cut, and Wentz was signed. The Chiefs aren't paying Wentz 20m.

There are nuances to why certain guys aren't on a roster.

Money
Hoping to catch on with a contender. (Tannehill)
Fit
Legal troubles.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for other teams. I'm speaking for myself and what I feel this team could use if Forbes or Davis don't show anything over the next two weeks. The run defense is alarming as well.

Two straight games where the offense didn't punt and both were squeakers. If it continues, I hope they make a move via FA or a modest trade.

The Peterman thing was kind of the same argument. At the time Peterman was on a roster and Wentz was not. You were saying if Wentz was better than anyone currently on a roster he'd be on one. A few weeks later Peterman got cut, and Wentz was signed. The Chiefs aren't paying Wentz 20m.

Money
Fit
Legal troubles.
I am not sure I am giving up a 3rd rounder and pay him 14. Mil ( the current contract he is under) or more (what it will take to get him to play ) for a guy who is 30

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I am giving up a 3rd rounder and pay him 14. Mil ( the current contract he is under) or more (what it will take to get him to play ) for a guy who is 30
I get that. In my mind, it would essentially be flipping Dotson for Reddick.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things are certain. 1- JD is not always gonna be one step ahead of the others team offense. 2- giving up 29 points on average through 3 games is a recipe for a 5 and 12 season. This defense better figure something out or this seasons over with by week 10. The entire Cinn game I never felt confident that we were ever gonna force a punt, and we didn't. I was on my couch hoping for FG's. I can't spend my sundays like this. Giant's punted twice and Bucs punted once. In reality we have forced the other team each game on average to punt only once. Yea, they need to figure something out.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money
Fit
Legal troubles.

well let’s continue with Reddick. You give up the third, how are we different than the NYJ? He doesn’t want to play on the current contract and still hasn’t shown up to the NYJ. How much do you pay the 30 year old Reddick and what prevents him from just holding out for more, especially after giving up a third?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well let’s continue with Reddick. You give up the third, how are we different than the NYJ? He doesn’t want to play on the current contract and still hasn’t shown up to the NYJ. How much do you pay the 30 year old Reddick and what prevents him from just holding out for more, especially after giving up a third?
If I continue this conversation it's going to make me appear that I'm standing on the table for Hassan, which I'm not. I do think that if the Jets put him on the trade market, there would certainly be a deal in place money wise for him before any trade would occur, kinda like with Aiyuk. Browns and Pats had new contracts in place. I'm moving on from this. If you need the last word, you got it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't AP just sign a corner a week or two ago?