• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Needs To Sign Corners This Week

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lf the commanders have a shot at thr playoffs, they probably should sign reinforcements, albeit to team friendly contracts. One year deal prorated?

Why not?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lf the commanders have a shot at thr playoffs, they probably should sign reinforcements, albeit to team friendly contracts. One year deal prorated?

Why not?
If you can find that for a quality player , then absolutely

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick figure was clearly over drafted . Now the question is can he be salvaged . The current FO did right in trying to salvage him and Davis . But so far they have been busts , we passed on way better talent

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that Forbes was getting ragged on while not playing instead of the guys who were actually getting beat on the field the past two weeks. The comment made me laugh (roll my eyes) when he wasn't even in the game. :noidea:

I keep hearing they should have drafted Gonzalez who has three tackles and one pass defense.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes would have to do a 180* for anyone to calm down over passing on Gonzales. Yes Gonzo is getting beat, but his technique is clean and he is making some plays. St. Juste is just a head scratcher....size, speed, etc but absolutely no ball skillz

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words Gonzo is getting beat technically. :hmm:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that Forbes was getting ragged on while not playing instead of the guys who were actually getting beat on the field the past two weeks. The comment made me laugh (roll my eyes) when he wasn't even in the game. :noidea:

I keep hearing they should have drafted Gonzalez who has three tackles and one pass defense.

Deion didn’t get a ton of passes defended either.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 rec for 75 yards, 6 first downs n a TD in 3 games eh. I wish the Skins had a starting CB with those numbers.

Of course its not all the secondary's fault. The league's highest paid DT tandem have 5 solo tackles, 1 asst and 0 sacks between the 2 of them. The defense as a whole only have 4 sacks, are giving up 5 yards a clip on running plays and allowed 20 first down on 37 third down att, (54%) to go with the 0 turnovers they've forced. And as has been noted plenty. The Skins have got to be one of the worst tackling teams in the league.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you @countryroads316

If Jayden is going to continue to play llike this, with the offense having to score every drive just to win close games, we owe it to KK and ourselves to try and upgrade this defense.

There has to be a corner out there that can provide more than Davis. What's the asking price for Reddick?

BSJ has been solid, Sainristil played better, but a vet on a one year deal wouldn't hurt my feelings.

The total lack of a pass rush is making the corners look worse than they are.

I'm willing to give it another week and wait to see what Forbes looks like.

With the addition of Noah, and Jayden beginning to find Luke, corner and edge have jumped our need for a WR right now. Imo

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 rec for 75 yards, 6 first downs n a TD in 3 games eh. I wish the Skins had a starting CB with those numbers.

Of course its not all the secondary's fault. The league's highest paid DT tandem have 5 solo tackles, 1 asst and 0 sacks between the 2 of them. The defense as a whole only have 4 sacks, are giving up 5 yards a clip on running plays and allowed 20 first down on 37 third down att, (54%) to go with the 0 turnovers they've forced. And as has been noted plenty. The Skins have got to be one of the worst tackling teams in the league.
Yeah, I'm not trying to say Forbes is great or make fun of redskinfan. I just found it funny after two games of not playing that someone says "Forbes sucks" when he wasn't on the field in the past two games. The one game I have seen that was pretty good was St. Juste versus the Giants.

I 100% agree that the way overpaid DL needs to play a lot better. Defensive secondary gets a lot better when there is a good pass rush and the opposing team is not in 2nd or3rd and short all the time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not trying to say Forbes is great or make fun of redskinfan. I just found it funny after two games of not playing that someone says "Forbes sucks" when he wasn't on the field in the past two games. The one game I have seen that was pretty good was St. Juste versus the Giants.

I 100% agree that the way overpaid DL needs to play a lot better. Defensive secondary gets a lot better when there is a good pass rush and the opposing team is not in 2nd or3rd and short all the time.
I can't front. I'm disappointed in both HC n DC seeing as they have defensive backgrounds. The new addition LBs aren't setting the world on fire either. This looks a lot like the SOP defenses of the Synder Era.

St Juste was alright at points in the NYG. The thing that pisses me off about him is he always seems to allow a WR to get off the LOS with no resistance then gets handsy down the field. He also never looks back for the ball, though that seems to be a thing as so many CBs do that now. QBs are now purposely taking advantage of that by short arming throws on certain patterns. I'd like to see him be more physical at the LOS

I dunno what to think of Forbes other than he's not the answer, Neither is Michael Davis. Might've been cool to keep a vet like Fuller around for some stability.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you @countryroads316

If Jayden is going to continue to play llike this, with the offense having to score every drive just to win close games, we owe it to KK and ourselves to try and upgrade this defense.

There has to be a corner out there that can provide more than Davis. What's the asking price for Reddick?

BSJ has been solid, Sainristil played better, but a vet on a one year deal wouldn't hurt my feelings.

The total lack of a pass rush is making the corners look worse than they are.

I'm willing to give it another week and wait to see what Forbes looks like.

With the addition of Noah, and Jayden beginning to find Luke, corner and edge have jumped our need for a WR right now. Imo

Why does there have to be a corner available? Why do you think we are three weeks into the season and these corners are available?

As for Reddick, why would any team trade for him? He is under contract and refusing to play for the team that traded for him. What he is doing is called extortion.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does there have to be a corner available? Why do you think we are three weeks into the season and these corners are available?

As for Reddick, why would any team trade for him? He is under contract and refusing to play for the team that traded for him. What he is doing is called extortion.
Davis was removed from the game vs NYG after Nabers was about to have an all-time day. He didn't get a snap Monday. They were counting on him. A vet backup on a one year deal couldn't hurt.

I'm not sure what to make of your Reddick take.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was removed from the game vs NYG after Nabers was about to have an all-time day. He didn't get a snap Monday. They were counting on him. A vet backup on a one year deal couldn't hurt.

I'm not sure what to make of your Reddick take.

But why do you believe these veterans have not signed if they are good? They have bypassed three game checks already.

Why would we gamble in Reddick?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why do you believe these veterans have not signed if they are good? They have bypassed three game checks already.

Why would we gamble in Reddick?
They can't be any worse than Davis. I'm not standing on the table for Hassan, but if the price is right, I would welcome it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't be any worse than Davis. I'm not standing on the table for Hassan, but if the price is right, I would welcome it.

Again, why are t these players signed? They can obviously be as bad as Davis.

Hassaan Redddick’s salary is over 14 million this season. He is not playing because he wants more money. So, now we trade for him, do you think he just starts miraculously playing or do we need a new contract? So now, what does that contract have to be for him to sign?

The NFL teams cannot allow players to do this. Nobody should trade for Reddick and it will cost him 14 million dollars. I’m sorry, but we shouldn’t even talk about a trade.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, why are t these players signed? They can obviously be as bad as Davis.

Hassaan Redddick’s salary is over 14 million this season. He is not playing because he wants more money. So, now we trade for him, do you think he just starts miraculously playing or do we need a new contract? So now, what does that contract have to be for him to sign?

The NFL teams cannot allow players to do this. Nobody should trade for Reddick and it will cost him 14 million dollars. I’m sorry, but we shouldn’t even talk about a trade.
If you have a guy that you don't trust to take one defensive snap, then what are we doing? As far as Reddick, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I hate talking in circles.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why trade for Reddick , give up resources and give this guy a raise on top of it , for what ? So he can absorb double teams and come up lame ?

Right now he is a one year rental

Also which cb are we going to sign that will make a huge difference?

Coach up the guys we have and understand we aren’t going to the superbowl this year . Save our money , save our draft capital, assess our needs and keep building .