• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Sign Ghost To ELC

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be cool to see him play for the Flyers in the playoffs, but doubtful considering he's a dman. If he were a forward I would say go for it.

he can't play in the playoffs. his ELC starts next year and he's on a ATO for the phantoms for the rest of the season.

he'll practice with the big club though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, Joni Pitkanen was "allowed to do his thing" until Flyers fans rode him out of town. We're not the most patient bunch, and let's not pretend otherwise.

To be fair, Joni was never really the same once he left the Flyers - and they were able to get Joffrey Lupul in that deal, which helped them win a game 7 in Washington and then they parlayed that into Chris Pronger

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Joni was never really healthy- and they were able to get Joffrey Lupul in that deal, which helped them win a game 7 in Washington and then they parlayed that into Chris Pronger

fixed :suds:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even when he was healthy I don't think he was great - he was fine but not that great

That was a good trade for the Flyers

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when he was healthy I don't think he was great - he was fine but not that great

That was a good trade for the Flyers

oh ya, i'm not saying i didn't like the trade. i was never a huge fan of joni myself. it was just a 'water under the bridge' type trade to me..

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade in hindsight or not, the fact remains that the Flyers fan base had turned on him because of frequent defensive lapses, an issue that could have been addressed at lower levels before bringing him up to the Flyers in the first place. We'll never know how good he could have been if he hadn't been rushed to the NHL. Not every player can adapt to such a huge leap in level of play and are ruined as a result. See also Michael Del Zotto. Others, like Torey Krug, seem to adapt just fine. Hopefully the Flyers make the right choice with their young D prospects, whatever that may be.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can practice with the big squad now, then have a camp with them next season, a full Ahl season to adapt to the pro game and then another camp before joining the Flyers.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer a dman to spend the first year in the AHL but if the kid can play and make the team so be it. Trouba had a fantastic year in Wpg and got better as time went by so you just never know. Completely depends if the player is ready or not hopefully they make the right call....

If I had seen this earlier I would have just said, "this". :10::agree: