• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers sign Love

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya,lets pay a qb 55 mill after first year starting.......so what they made playoffs.

Alot of qbs have made the playoffs.....lets pay them all over 55 mill and yet break the bank.........

When a qb gets more than Mahomes,its a sham......

Love has not proven anything yet,but beat a team that utterly choked,at home where Dallas were unstoppable.

Dallas has a lot of great players to pay with not enough money to help out their team,especially in freeagency.......
And Dak is probably getting a pay raise.....then what??

So let me ask you GB fans this......

If Caleb Willians takes the Bears to the playoffs,and he wins one game,should the Bears pay him 60 mill.....??....because thats pretty much what you just did.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya,lets pay a qb 55 mill after first year starting.......so what they made playoffs.

Alot of qbs have made the playoffs.....lets pay them all over 55 mill and yet break the bank.........

Love has not proven anything yet,but beat a team that utterly choked,at home where Dallas were unstoppable.

Dallas has a lot of great players to pay with not enough money to help out their team,especially in freeagency.......

If Caleb Willians takes the Bears to the playoffs,and he wins one game,should the Bears pay him 60 mill.....??....because thats pretty much what you just did.
It’s pretty clear that you don’t understand value or the way NFL contracts work in the modern era of pro football.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s pretty clear that you don’t understand value or the way NFL contracts work in the modern era of pro football.

Oh I do.....but there is no qb that shoukd be making more than PM........none of them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I do.....but there is no qb that shoukd be making more than PM........none of them.
Then it’s clear you don’t know how this works. Like 8-9 QBs make more than Mahomes. You know what they all have in common? They’ve signed their deal after Mahomes.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it’s clear you don’t know how this works. Like 8-9 QBs make more than Mahomes. You know what they all have in common? They’ve signed their deal after Mahomes.

Before is where would make a better story.....after does not make your arguement legit......signibg a qb to more money than PM is way over paying.....may as well as to pay Hurts more money than Love,atleast he has playoff wins and made it to the SB.......

Mahomes is the standard,win some playoff games,some MVPs and and atleast get to a SB,then they should talk PMs type of money.....

Until then,what warrants a qb to get more than him......??

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before is where would make a better story.....after does not make your arguement legit......signibg a qb to more money than PM is way over paying.....may as well as to pay Hurts more money than Love,atleast he has playoff wins and made it to the SB.......

Mahomes is the standard,win some playoff games,some MVPs and and atleast get to a SB,then they should talk PMs type of money.....

Until then,what warrants a qb to get more than him......??
Because that’s how much QBs are getting paid. Trevor Lawrence got 55/year, what has he done?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that’s how much QBs are getting paid. Trevor Lawrence got 55/year, what has he done?
He just doesn’t understand how this works or he’s trying to say that salaries shouldn’t work this way. Who knows. What’s evident is that he doesn’t understand.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem arises when you realize that professional athletes with the last name 'Love' are always getting hurt.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could also be the best very soon. In case you don't get it, we've seen Goff's ceiling, we've seen nothing of Caleb or McCarthy, but we have seen a limited sample of Love, and his ceiling is higher than Goff's. Now go back to rubbing one out to your Howie doll.
I think Love is the best QB in the division today. That can change, but right now he is the best.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Because of the position value and the lack of people that can play it at a high level teams have very little leverage when it comes to QB pay. It's an overpay for Love but the Packers and a few other teams really don't have much of a choice but to pay it. At least in the Packers' case while you do have concerns about the floor you do have some hopes for the ceiling unlike the Lions with Goff and the Dolphins with Tua you pretty much know those ceilings aren't rising.

My concern if I was a Packers fan about Love is just how clutch he actually is. As much praise as he got after the 9ers playoff game I personally didn't completely understand it because I thought he choked in the 2nd half. Maybe he didn't choke with both hands around his throat but I thought he did very little in the 2nd half.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,868.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Love adjusts to “mattering”. He had a really nice 8-9 game finish. Getting ready to stop Jordan Love wasn’t something that DCs invested their off seasons in. He was good enough this past season to demand that kind of attention. DCs will think they have some adjustments to get after him this year.
Yep.

I don't think he will be nearly as good next season now that there is a bunch of tape on him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,868.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caleb will have several years before he is up for an extension since he will be a rookie this season.

Silly comparison.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bears will have 4 years to make that decision. You know, the decision they would've had to make on Fields this year if they didn't suck so bad at developing QBs. They also wouldn't have had to draft Fields is they did something more intelligent than drafting Trubisky. So yes, by all means explain to us why Green Bay screwed this up for every other team...

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could also be the best very soon. In case you don't get it, we've seen Goff's ceiling, we've seen nothing of Caleb or McCarthy, but we have seen a limited sample of Love, and his ceiling is higher than Goff's. Now go back to rubbing one out to your Howie doll.
Goff's Detroit offense was much better than the Packers. Almost 80 more points. 400+ more passing yards.

He's not as good a Goff. That's hilarious, but a lot of you guys just repeat what you hear elsewhere. Can't figure it out for yourselves.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff's Detroit offense was much better than the Packers. Almost 80 more points. 400+ more passing yards.

He's not as good a Goff. That's hilarious, but a lot of you guys just repeat what you hear elsewhere. Can't figure it out for yourselves.

I agree that Detroit's offense was better than the Packers last year. I'm going to type this slower for you this time. We all know what Goff's ceiling is, we don't know what Love's is. Heck, I even double spaced it for you this time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Detroit's offense was better than the Packers last year. I'm going to type this slower for you this time. We all know what Goff's ceiling is, we don't know what Love's is. Heck, I even double spaced it for you this time.
Goff keeps improving. Still finding his ceiling.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love isn’t better than Goff right now - he could be better than Goff in the future though. Goff has been really strong the last 2 seasons and is a top 5 NFC QB for sure.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn lots of team committing to mid recently

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way rookie deals are now you will be good to get by cheap if your QB lives up to the hype. After year 4 though he will be getting moch more then Love. QB contracts and the salary cap will not be going down.

The team has experience with this. Go look back at Rodgers aftr he sat 3 years and finally started. Go see what his first year was and if they made the playoffs. Rodgers had a good 1/2 of a season. Then go see the contract extension he was given compared to others in the NFL

Mahomes is old news and he signed a 10 year deal worth just over $500 million. When you sign a 10 year deal it is hard to always be the highest paid QB

Trevor Lawrence is paid the same as Love and hsa done nothing but be average. Burrow has the same pay as love and all he does is get hurt. There are other QBs with the same money as Love. The only dofference with Love was the size of the $75 mil signing bonus

I guess Dez was right about one a few years back

1722224650293.jpeg