• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Goff that's been a big project either. It's a pattern

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being right.. Whoever thought that Goff would be better than Mannion in early SEPT should be fired. And Yeah.. who cares if the #1 pick overall that we gave up the farm for 2 years looks like he's completely lost behind center. :wtf:

What some of you don't get is... Guys like Aaron Rogers had Favre in front of him to learn and watch. Brady had Bellicheck. We have a bunch of boobs in this organization.

This kid had no business being #1 overall and it was a huge mistake giving up the farm for him.

Hype + kool-aid will kill yah

You could also say that Brady had Drew Bledsoe to learn from as well.

And definitely agree, we do have a lot of schmucks in the organization, from the owner down to some coaches and players on the field.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad Mannion made it to number 2. That way, if Kennum gets hurt, Mannion is there to seize the day.
I definitely think that they got the order correct for the QB depth chart. Keenum has definitely been the best overall of the three guys that I've seen. Mannion looks good but I still think he needs to work on making quick decisions since he sometimes holds onto the ball a bit longer than he should.
As for Goff, he needs to take a page out of Keenum's book and just sit down and study the playbook. From what I remember seeing on Hard Knocks the other night, Goff didn't have a clue on what was being called and that needs to change if he wants to move up the depth chart. While I'm not nearly ready to label the guy a bust yet, I think he needs to mature a bit and take things more seriously.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something else. Goff sits all year and maybe takes a few snaps from shotgun this year. While Deshaun Watson will be coming out next year. So you trade for Goff and he barely plays if at all so it's a wasted year when you could have waited anyway and traded up for a very talented Watson.

First QB ever to throw for 4000 yards and rush for 1000 in college football

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something else. Goff sits all year and maybe takes a few snaps from shotgun this year. While Deshaun Watson will be coming out next year. So you trade for Goff and he barely plays if at all so it's a wasted year when you could have waited anyway and traded up for a very talented Watson.

First QB ever to throw for 4000 yards and rush for 1000 in college football

If you thought it was expensive to trade up for Goff, you're not going to like the price (if there even is one) for Watson. If Cleveland or SF finishes worst in the league (or worst two), there goes Watson and Kaaya most likely. Why would they trade down with such strong QB needs?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wentz sits for a second if he out played Bradford. But he didn't so he's going to sit. Wentz looks way ahead of Goff though. That's my worry Vita Case has never looked real good for a season. His arm is limited on mid to long throws and it will be hard when the D's adjust.

Bradford is now in Minnesota, and Wentz has NOT been named the starter. I am surprised that Minny panicked and overspent on the Queen B, 2017 1st and 4th?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Sammie is not a Ram any longer, you want to take your discussions about him and the trade over to the Unsportsmanlike Conduct Thread that Vita started some time ago. Thanks.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Minny will be fine, hell I wouldn't want to trot out a 36 yr old Hill as the starting QB either. I think they way they are looking at it is they have a good defense and I wouldn't want to waste a yr because they don't have a qb. They want to win now, which is something I admire..too bad these Lambs don't have the same mentality.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh but Snisher does want to win now Jermaine. AT least that is what they will tell everyone when asked and then do what they have done in drafting over the years that sends a totally different message. Granted, the Rams talent has improved since the days of Mad Mike and dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers Linehan but if they want to win now then they would have done more Donald and Gurley selections, especially with the O-line and WRs then they have.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh but Snisher does want to win now Jermaine. AT least that is what they will tell everyone when asked and then do what they have done in drafting over the years that sends a totally different message. Granted, the Rams talent has improved since the days of Mad Mike and dumber-than-a-bag-of-hammers Linehan but if they want to win now then they would have done more Donald and Gurley selections, especially with the O-line and WRs then they have.
You could've thrown Spagnuolo in there as well. Another era that was completely forgettable.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya was just watching NFl Network, they were discussing Goff and how he is definitely not ready! Still makes no sense to call him a franchise type QB, move up to get him, yet this was a weak QB class!
I'm watching Goff, he looks smaller than he is,he looks like a bean pole, he is not grasping the playbook or making good decisions or passes.
Sure he may turn out to be "the guy" yet, but you picked a QB early last year, that played as well as Goff in College, why not mold him into your so called Franchise QB, seems to me that someone isn't doing their homework, yet again!
You don't move up in the draft to pick your franchise QBs #1 , then he is your number 3 guy on the depth chart, that's a issue????

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely Smed. This Snisher and Rams FO are consistently coming from a point of apparent incompentence and absurdity that makes little sense sometimes. The number one overall pick starts his rookie year even though for the QB position they may struggle like Winston and Mariotta did last year. At least they started most of the year. This Goff dude won't see a starting role for some time if at all in 2016. WE gave up the farm for this guy and he is not even close admitted by his HC. Shoot, with the trading of the Philly QB, Wentz will be starting QB for Philly and he was not the overall number one but number two. People are shaking their heads as usual!

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Philly is going to start Wentz doesn't mean that it's a good decision. The guy played below par in one preseason game and has been hurt since. The Rams are playing it safe with Goff, and that is the right decision IMO. Why rush him if you have an adequate QB to bridge the gap? I'm not sure why everyone is shocked that he isn't starting; this is was pretty much assumed from the beginning (although some thought Fisher would be desperate enough to rush him). Whether he is 2nd or 3rd means little, other than a fluke injury to Keenum won't rush him into a game before he is ready if he's 3rd.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thought it was expensive to trade up for Goff, you're not going to like the price (if there even is one) for Watson. If Cleveland or SF finishes worst in the league (or worst two), there goes Watson and Kaaya most likely. Why would they trade down with such strong QB needs?

I thought Goff's "rating" was as high as Jameis and Mariota's?

Watson is good but he's not those guys good yet. Could change though. Clemson has a chance to be one of the best offenses in college football history this year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Philly is going to start Wentz doesn't mean that it's a good decision. The guy played below par in one preseason game and has been hurt since. The Rams are playing it safe with Goff, and that is the right decision IMO. Why rush him if you have an adequate QB to bridge the gap? I'm not sure why everyone is shocked that he isn't starting; this is was pretty much assumed from the beginning (although some thought Fisher would be desperate enough to rush him). Whether he is 2nd or 3rd means little, other than a fluke injury to Keenum won't rush him into a game before he is ready if he's 3rd.

I agree that Philly might be making a mistake throwing Wentz in the fire but the Rams have no choice to sit Goff. he's no where near ready and for Fisher to admit it should tell you just how far away he is. Who was the last #1 pick not to start?? probably Jamarcus Russell :L You don't give up that many draft picks and not assume he's going to be an impact player from day one.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH? Is that you Cougie? That was a lucid, logical argument about Goff. Are you O.K.? :clap:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH? Is that you Cougie? That was a lucid, logical argument about Goff. Are you O.K.? :clap:

I'm not saying he's a bust yet I hope the kid comes thru. Not every 1st rd pick can be ROY I guess... :D

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he's a bust yet I hope the kid comes thru. Not every 1st rd pick can be ROY I guess... :D

You're right, usually just the ones in weak rookie years:)

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some are quick to blame Goff, but does it occur to anyone that maybe Boras and Weinke don't know wtf they are doing when it comes to developing a QB? It's not like the offensive staff are a bunch of geniuses and I think Hard Knocks has proven that.