• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the top QB's in the league right now and of all time did NOT start their first year or two...If it means Goff taking his time, learning and eventually becoming a top tier QB(a year or two from now)...I'm all for it!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the first time a rookie QB taken #1 overall opened the season 3rd on the depth chart?

Even worse, the QB's ahead of him are a journeyman QB and a sophomore QB that's barely played.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the first time a rookie QB taken #1 overall opened the season 3rd on the depth chart?

Even worse, the QB's ahead of him are a journeyman QB and a sophomore QB that's barely played.

So fucking what?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fucking what?

Really? Do you know what we gave up to move up to get this guy? He looks so bad it's just hard to think one day he's going to be an effective QB that was worth giving up all those picks. Like I said you give up that much he should be on the field not sitting on the bench for a couple years as Todd Gurley grows old.... This is a do now league now it's different then 10-20 years ago.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself the Rams made that move because they are a solid QB away from being able to beat any body. You can't do that with Case. They thought Goff would be starting or they would have never gave up all those picks. He just is way behind to be a #1 pick.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Do you know what we gave up to move up to get this guy? He looks so bad it's just hard to think one day he's going to be an effective QB that was worth giving up all those picks. Like I said you give up that much he should be on the field not sitting on the bench for a couple years as Todd Gurley grows old.... This is a do now league now it's different then 10-20 years ago.
Philly gave up about the same to get to No. 2 and Wentz too will sit and would have even had he not been injured.

For the QB spot (Especially these days) It's the prudent and right thing to do, if you can afford to do it that way.

Only teams that are truly desperate start Rookie QB's on the first game of the season their Rookie year.

An effective Case behind center for up to the entire year would be the best thing for both Goff and the Rams. Unless Goff puts it all together sometime mid season and clearly outshines Case.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he 3rd?

Seem to remember Sean coming off the bench to replace Jared all preseason.

Heck, one game the No. 3 QB didn't even make on the field.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he 3rd?

Well Sean has clearly played much better then him. I would even consider starting Sean over Case at this point. I think it would be harder for defenses to game plan for Sean. But Sean is definitely the backup if they start Case.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly gave up about the same to get to No. 2 and Wentz too will sit and would have even had he not been injured.

For the QB spot (Especially these days) It's the prudent and right thing to do, if you can afford to do it that way.

Only teams that are truly desperate start Rookie QB's on the first game of the season their Rookie year.

An effective Case behind center for up to the entire year would be the best thing for both Goff and the Rams. Unless Goff puts it all together sometime mid season and clearly outshines Case.

I don't think Wentz sits for a second if he out played Bradford. But he didn't so he's going to sit. Wentz looks way ahead of Goff though. That's my worry Vita Case has never looked real good for a season. His arm is limited on mid to long throws and it will be hard when the D's adjust.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wentz sits for a second if he out played Bradford. But he didn't so he's going to sit. Wentz looks way ahead of Goff though. That's my worry Vita Case has never looked real good for a season. His arm is limited on mid to long throws and it will be hard when the D's adjust.

Wentz is miles behind the other Eagles QBs. Wentz looks way ahead of Goff? Based on 12-24 87 yds and an INT in week 1 of the preseason against the 3rd and 4th teamers? He hasn't played since, right? It was Daniel and Bethel-Thompson last night.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is miles behind the other Eagles QBs. Wentz looks way ahead of Goff? Based on 12-24 87 yds and an INT in week 1 of the preseason against the 3rd and 4th teamers? He hasn't played since, right? It was Daniel and Bethel-Thompson last night.

His numbers weren't great. but just watching both of them he seems way more comfortable. And he has a cannon for an arm. Goff seems terrified and clueless most of the time. Fisher did announce today he will be the third string quarterback if the season started today. In my opinion if you're going to give up that much in a draft that player better be an impact player right from the get go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad Mannion made it to number 2. That way, if Kennum gets hurt, Mannion is there to seize the day.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with some others on here, should have stayed put and taken Lynch , I'm not understanding all the SportsHoopla over Goff and Wentz?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad Mannion made it to number 2. That way, if Kennum gets hurt, Mannion is there to seize the day.

That, and it also ensures they keep all 3 QBs. I would've hated to see them cut Mannion to put Goff #2.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with some others on here, should have stayed put and taken Lynch , I'm not understanding all the SportsHoopla over Goff and Wentz?

They have a much higher perceived ceiling. Of course, that's just scouts' opinions...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being right.. Whoever thought that Goff would be better than Mannion in early SEPT should be fired. And Yeah.. who cares if the #1 pick overall that we gave up the farm for 2 years looks like he's completely lost behind center. :wtf:

What some of you don't get is... Guys like Aaron Rogers had Favre in front of him to learn and watch. Brady had Bellicheck. We have a bunch of boobs in this organization.

This kid had no business being #1 overall and it was a huge mistake giving up the farm for him.

Hype + kool-aid will kill yah

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he 3rd?

Vita you know darn well that Fisher was putting Goff ahead of Mannion all preseason to give him every opportunity with the 1's or 2's to show what he had. That's what they do for #1 overall picks that they trade the farm for. And after 4 games, Fisher even said "he's not ready". "At this point, Mannion is ready to back-up Keenum".

Really really weak QB class. Will Dak save the day?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being right.. Whoever thought that Goff would be better than Mannion in early SEPT should be fired. And Yeah.. who cares if the #1 pick overall that we gave up the farm for 2 years looks like he's completely lost behind center. :wtf:

What some of you don't get is... Guys like Aaron Rogers had Favre in front of him to learn and watch. Brady had Bellicheck. We have a bunch of boobs in this organization.

This kid had no business being #1 overall and it was a huge mistake giving up the farm for him.

Hype + kool-aid will kill yah

Yep! They were desperate for a QB and rolled the dice slammed some kool-aid shots and sold the farm to move up. You only do that for a sure thing like Luck. I really think what they were thinking was even if we miss we still have a solid D in place but man when you think of the potentially starters we gave up it hurts. I at least understand the Rams desperration for a QB. imo the Eagles screwed up worse giving up what they did with two decent Qb's on the roster.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm not going to start being a pantshitter about a rookie QB who has barely played with the 1's.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how you felt when your dad or grand dad picked you up and flung you into the pool to teach you how to swim? That's how Goff feels right now. I knew the Rams were making a mistake to give so much for a rookie QB but he had some good moments on the field in the pre season...he will be okay. In a season or two.