• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this in an article.. Just my usual dose of reality. Trying to stay positive but i can only sit on the sideline while an organization consumes so much kool-aid.

"The quarterback who couldn't beat out Austin Davis or Shaun Hill in 2014 and was a backup to Nick Foles who led the NFL's worst offense for most of last year is now clearly beating out the rookie #1 overall pick the Rams mortgaged most of their future to select."

Bring back Shaun Hill :lol:

:fify:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Goff did take at least one snap under center because he tripped and fumbled the ball away. :gaah:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he tripped and fumbled the ball away. :gaah:
You are correct.

You see coug, that is what I'm talking about, it's not hard to take the ball from under center but if you've never done it before and you have a bazillion other things on your mind, it doesn't come as second nature. So, let him work out the kinks while holding the clipboard and let Case, who had to learn that same shit do it until it all comes as second nature.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher responded to the snap that Goff took under center and subsequently fumbled by replacing the center. Kush was the center and on the very next series, Rhaney was the center to wit, Goff returned to the shotgun.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher responded to the snap that Goff took under center and subsequently fumbled by replacing the center. Kush was the center and on the very next series, Rhaney was the center to wit, Goff returned to the shotgun.

I applaud you Retro for always being able to see through Fishers BS. when the team was here I guess I was blinded and took everything he said as truth. now that the team is gone i can stand back a little and see his amazing BS game in action. It really is crazy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud you Retro for always being able to see through Fishers BS. when the team was here I guess I was blinded and took everything he said as truth. now that the team is gone i can stand back a little and see his amazing BS game in action. It really is crazy.

Fumble had zero to do with the snap. Goff tripped over Wichmann's foot trying to evade the rush. He didn't put the ball away and tried to brace his fall with both hands, including the hand holding the football. Ball squirted out upon contact with the ground.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the bigger picture shopson, as usual. Goff is not comfortable taking snaps under center so it increases his probability of a screw-up whether it was tripping over Wichmann's foot or something else. He is not comfortable yet. If that was the primary cause and effect, which it probably was, then a lot of people concluded otherwise as Kush was replaced by Rhaney at the center position on the very next series.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of bigger picture, I'm surprised no one here has spoke of Goff's hand size. Remember the fumble out of bounds?

Could they have made nothing out of something?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don;t know the answer to that question, Vita but I doubt we will see a butt-fumble Sanchez-esque from Goff or at least I hope not. If we do, that will be a clear red flag that Goff is Bulgerized!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being under center was not what caused the fumble that Shopson was talking about. He tripped and didn't secure the ball properly. It was simply a rookie mistake. He damn well better learn from it, but from my vantage point, Goff didn't fumble it away because he was under center.

I'm just not as concerned about Goff taking snaps under center as some on the board are. He'll have plenty of time to get that down in practice and he'll learn after continuous reps. It's very basic. We've already seen him be able to move off his 1st target when he's covered, and IMO, that's a much more important sign than his ability to take a snap under center.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's alot more to it than just "taking a snap from under center"... First the snap, then you have to learn how to properly drop back, set your feet, all the while looking downfield figuring out if your targets are covered/uncovered. Oh, and this all has to happen in less than two seconds without thinking about it.....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the while looking downfield figuring out if your targets are covered/uncovered.
I was listening to Warner talk about 'under center vs 'the shotgun' and he said once both are second nature, it is much harder to take snaps from the shotgun.

His reasoning was something like what your touching on here....

In the shot gun you have to look for the ball (During those minus two seconds) When under center, your eyes are ALWAYS on what the defenses are doing during the entire play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the bigger picture shopson, as usual. Goff is not comfortable taking snaps under center so it increases his probability of a screw-up whether it was tripping over Wichmann's foot or something else. He is not comfortable yet. If that was the primary cause and effect, which it probably was, then a lot of people concluded otherwise as Kush was replaced by Rhaney at the center position on the very next series.

I understand all of that, but this particular incident was well after the snap, with Goff climbing the pocket to evade the rush. The fumble occurred by simply not falling correctly and trying to brace that fall with the hand holding the football.

Jared Goff fumbles and Chiefs recover

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of bigger picture, I'm surprised no one here has spoke of Goff's hand size. Remember the fumble out of bounds?

Could they have made nothing out of something?

He has to learn to hold the ball like a runner in situations like that.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So If Mannion out plays Goff this last preseason game will Goff even be active for the opener? They won't dress 3 QB's will they? :L