• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher Names Keenum Starter next year..

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's amazing to see a team like the Rams ( and other teams in the past ) give up so much to draft a "franchise" QB, and then watch the guy struggle to even pick up the game at the NFL level.

then, you watch a QB like Prescott, taken waaaay later in the draft, come in and play great.

some teams just know how to pick them better.

oh, and the Rams apparently like drafting projects early in the draft ( Robinson, Goff )

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's amazing to see a team like the Rams ( and other teams in the past ) give up so much to draft a "franchise" QB, and then watch the guy struggle to even pick up the game at the NFL level.

then, you watch a QB like Prescott, taken waaaay later in the draft, come in and play great.

oh, and the Rams apparently like drafting projects early in the draft ( Robinson, Goff )

I thought the same thing when we played Dallas. What's with this team not catching a break once in a while? This kid Prescott looks to be the real deal! Sure its only preseason, but that kid is tearing it up! Now that Romo is out, he will get the nod to start. How lucky is that? Your main qb goes down before the season starts and the rookie steps in and doesn't miss a beat!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they even had another team the Eagles move up to 2 for a QB. If your the Rams wouldn't you be curious why they were so interested in Wentz? No let's pick the dumb skinny bean pole looking guy who can't take a snap from under center... :scratch:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they even had another team the Eagles move up to 2 for a QB. If your the Rams wouldn't you be curious why they were so interested in Wentz? No let's pick the dumb skinny bean pole looking guy who can't take a snap from under center... :scratch:

I see the jealousy has begun! :L

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the jealousy has begun! :L

Jealous? I never understood picking Goff over Wentz. But I wouldn't have moved up for either one of them.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's further examine this.

1) Dak played in a stout defensive conference so he had alot of experience going up against some of the best defenses at the college level.
2) Dak is in the top 3-5 all-time for QBs in the SEC for total yards. He can make plays
3) Dak is mobile and a good dual-threat QB
4) Dak has played in some big games and many were against top 25 ranked teams
5) Dak also one of the best NFL O-lines in the game and has one of the best WRs in the NFL.
6) Dak has been through some serious adversity - losing his mom.

So when you look at who is ready when coming out. the competition they play against is everything. No idea why he dropped so much in one of the weakest QB drafts in sometime. I point to the kool-aid and hype everyone drinks from January to April. Happens every flippin year.

As far as the most "ready" QB in the draft. It wasn't hard to see why he would be more ready than the other rookies.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous? I never understood picking Goff over Wentz. But I wouldn't have moved up for either one of them.
I understood why they chose Goff over Wentz (more of a hometown guy). But I do agree, I wouldn't have moved up and give up what was given up to choose either QB. There were plenty of other QB's that were available in the late first or second rounds that we could've gotten that I think would've been just as good as Goff.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah I see what you're saying as well! and yah Wentz will probably be running the show in Philly real soon! :dhd:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah I see what you're saying as well! and yah Wentz will probably be running the show in Philly real soon! :dhd:

Yeah yeah. Well we know who easily beat him out for the starting job. So Wentz will have to ride the bench for now… I think you might be the jealous one. :nono:

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood why they chose Goff over Wentz (more of a hometown guy). But I do agree, I wouldn't have moved up and give up what was given up to choose either QB. There were plenty of other QB's that were available in the late first or second rounds that we could've gotten that I think would've been just as good as Goff.

Well if Snead and Fisher are drafting players based on their location that would explain a lot lol. They might want to start drafting the best player.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dak has looked great, in the preseason. I do think he will struggle once the 'vanilla' proves to be the foundation of his success. Finding a Stud like Dez in vanilla schemes with that offensive line makes the going easy for a dual threat guy. Put a game plan against the rook and will see if he has actually has some Wilson qualities.

I think Dallas is in for a looooooooong season once again.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's further examine this.

1) Dak played in a stout defensive conference so he had alot of experience going up against some of the best defenses at the college level.
2) Dak is in the top 3-5 all-time for QBs in the SEC for total yards. He can make plays
3) Dak is mobile and a good dual-threat QB
4) Dak has played in some big games and many were against top 25 ranked teams
5) Dak also one of the best NFL O-lines in the game and has one of the best WRs in the NFL.
6) Dak has been through some serious adversity - losing his mom.

So when you look at who is ready when coming out. the competition they play against is everything. No idea why he dropped so much in one of the weakest QB drafts in sometime. I point to the kool-aid and hype everyone drinks from January to April. Happens every flippin year.

As far as the most "ready" QB in the draft. It wasn't hard to see why he would be more ready than the other rookies.
Consensus isn't always right, and there are always those who will shine and prove the masses wrong but playing the percentages, for the most part, you side with most of the people, most of the time.

I think Dak one day could be the man in Dallas, I highly doubt this will be the year. Had Romo stayed healthy, I think the Boys would have got 5 more wins in the 10 weeks or 8 games Romo is projected to miss this year than with Dak behind Center.

The man will be thrown to the Wolves, I hope he survives the onslaught.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing when we played Dallas. What's with this team not catching a break once in a while? This kid Prescott looks to be the real deal! Sure its only preseason, but that kid is tearing it up! Now that Romo is out, he will get the nod to start. How lucky is that? Your main qb goes down before the season starts and the rookie steps in and doesn't miss a beat!

Prescott is playing behind a wall of an OL and facing vanilla preseason defenses. I'll wait to pass judgement when he faces live NFL defenses when it counts.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prescott is playing behind a wall of an OL and facing vanilla preseason defenses. I'll wait to pass judgement when he faces live NFL defenses when it counts.

true, preseason isn't 4 qrts of the #1's, but the kid is elusive and he makes good decisions! Who knows maybe Jarod Goff would be having the same success behind that o-line!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, preseason isn't 4 qrts of the #1's, but the kid is elusive and he makes good decisions! Who knows maybe Jarod Goff would be having the same success behind that o-line!

I think Sanchise could have success behind that line, but it may just give him enough time to throw more INTs instead.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus isn't always right, and there are always those who will shine and prove the masses wrong but playing the percentages, for the most part, you side with most of the people, most of the time.

I think Dak one day could be the man in Dallas, I highly doubt this will be the year. Had Romo stayed healthy, I think the Boys would have got 5 more wins in the 10 weeks or 8 games Romo is projected to miss this year than with Dak behind Center.

The man will be thrown to the Wolves, I hope he survives the onslaught.

Wolves are in the SEC too. SEC West > NFC East? :lol: And Dak has some beasts up front, along with some pretty good RBs. Will their defense keep them games? Not sure. But Dak is more ready than any other QB in this class I can tell you that.

It's all about experience. Dak played in more games against elite defenses than Wentz and Goff did combined.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop making excuses for the QB gez. :D Romo got killed behind that line.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is silly to catch judgement on Goff this early, plenty of good qbs started their rookie preseason games sucking.