• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA's or trades the Los Angeles Lakers should pursue in the offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the 2nd 3rd and 4th most hated are all on the same team. No wonder no one likes the Nets but bksballer

lol

My son asked why I wanted the Nets to lose...I said because the 4 players that I like least in the NBA are all on the Nets.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the lakers situation,

I still think they should’ve made the Lowry deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lakers would be hard capped so it would be tough.

probably need to say bye to Harrell, THT and Schroeder for sure. Possibly Caruso as well.

Lakers aren't hard-capped yet. They would have to use the bi-annual exception, complete a S&T, or uses more than the tax-payer portion of the MLE to get hard-capped. They remained just under this past season.

Lakers have some room before they hit the tax apron ($32M-ish) if Harrell walks, McKinnie is waived (non-guaranteed) and before Schroder is re-signed. Re-signing THT (and Caruso?) will certainly cut into that amount. Gasol could be traded for a pick to save another $2.7M if needed.

I think Harrell walks. Schroder could be a S&T possibility for a S&T Ball if they want him back (not a bad option IMO). Ellington and Lou would be more along the lines of vet min adds if willing, or perhaps part of the MLE.

People are reading into Lebron's statements that the Lakers are going to make a big move. Hard to see what that could be (or what is even possible).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt Lowry makes up for AD's groin injury in the long run though. Tough to trade Lebron's pet project THT.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers aren't hard-capped yet. They would have to use the bi-annual exception, complete a S&T, or uses more than the tax-payer portion of the MLE to get hard-capped. They remained just under this past season.

Lakers have some room before they hit the tax apron ($32M-ish) if Harrell walks, McKinnie is waived (non-guaranteed) and before Schroder is re-signed. Re-signing THT (and Caruso?) will certainly cut into that amount. Gasol could be traded for a pick to save another $2.7M if needed.

I think Harrell walks. Schroder could be a S&T possibility for a S&T Ball if they want him back (not a bad option IMO). Ellington and Lou would be more along the lines of vet min adds if willing, or perhaps part of the MLE.

People are reading into Lebron's statements that the Lakers are going to make a big move. Hard to see what that could be (or what is even possible).
We were talking about ball, so they would be hard capped

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about ball, so they would be hard capped

He could very well be a free agent, so if he wanted back at a cheap rate, it could be wrangled. But yes, most likely.

There were others in that post though, and Ellington would certainly be a vet min option, if not Lou.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt Lowry makes up for AD's groin injury in the long run though. Tough to trade Lebron's pet project THT.

They should have done it if the deal was the rumored Schroder/KCP/THT package. Given the injuries of this season, it wouldn't have made much difference. However, a deal would have given the Lakers Lowry's bird rights, which would have made it much easier for them to sign him. They basically have zero shot at him right now unless he really wants to play in LA for the mini-MLE of 5 mil. Even if they didn't want to make the move short term because they wanted to see how the roster did healthy, I don't think there's much difference between Schroder/KCP and Lowry with some combo of Avery Bradley or Austin Rivers from the buyout market. The long term potential of keeping Lowry like I mentioned above is more worth it to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have done it if the deal was the rumored Schroder/KCP/THT package. Given the injuries of this season, it wouldn't have made much difference. However, a deal would have given the Lakers Lowry's bird rights, which would have made it much easier for them to sign him. They basically have zero shot at him right now unless he really wants to play in LA for the mini-MLE of 5 mil. Even if they didn't want to make the move short term because they wanted to see how the roster did healthy, I don't think there's much difference between Schroder/KCP and Lowry with some combo of Avery Bradley or Austin Rivers from the buyout market. The long term potential of keeping Lowry like I mentioned above is more worth it to me.

The big miss IMO was Austin Rivers. Had the Lakers not been in danger of the hard cap (and in need of a healthy C), Rivers would've been a great addition.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Gasol comes back as a backup C.

I really would like Ball back, he has turned into a solid shooter and can handle the ball when James rests.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gasol comes back as a backup C.

I really would like Ball back, he has turned into a solid shooter and can handle the ball when James rests.

Gasol is under contract for next season, I just noted that he could be moved if necessary for cap space purposes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

And the insanity begins...

I don’t think Russ is the guy you want as your 3rd star

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there's another one available it might be their best option.

Then I think they are better off getting role players who can shoot.

Russ is good as the main ball handler next to another good player who can play off the ball. That isn’t the situation in LA.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I think they are better off getting role players who can shoot.

Russ is good as the main ball handler next to another good player who can play off the ball. That isn’t the situation in LA.
Lets LeBron not have to always run things, but I get he's not an ideal fit.