• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA's or trades the Los Angeles Lakers should pursue in the offseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was that kyrie deal pick for PG.
Nope...it was well before that. It was before the draft and we would have given up Kyrie for Bledsoe and PG. I think Phoenix was getting Kyrie. Indiana was getting the 4 pick from Phoenix (and other player or players).

Clearly worked out better for Indiana not to make it as they ultimately received Sabonis and Lavert for PG.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron leaves when you’re a clear title contender with him, whatever.

I get both sides of this argument.

hindsight on sexton over a few other guys hasn’t been kind to CLE either.

but I can see both cases. Cause if you trade fir pg and born leaves, you aren’t getting a top 10 pick back. But at least hou gave Lebron every reason to stay.

CLE front office since bron left has justified him leaving imo
a few other guys over Sexton? SGA, sure and I guess Porter (but he had and still seems to have injury issues). Not sure who the other is. Issue with sexton is not the best fit with Garland....but when they took him they did not know they'd get Garland. 5 guys this year scored 24+ ppg, hit 47.5% of their shots or more, 37% of 3s or more and had 4+ assists/game - Jokic, Kawhi, Curry, Kyrie......and Sexton.

Not sure what FO has done since he left that was so terrible. Maybe resign Love (which Lebron would have insisted they do). what else? Their picks have not been bad at all and really the only one they'd have made anyway would have been Sexton as they would not have had high picks if he stayed. Sexton would be a great pairing with Lebron. He can spread the floor with his 3 point shooting and can get his own shot to take pressure off Lebron (like Kyrie did when Lebron got here). In fact, he had a better year 3 than Kyrie did here.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...it was well before that. It was before the draft and we would have given up Kyrie for Bledsoe and PG. I think Phoenix was getting Kyrie. Indiana was getting the 4 pick from Phoenix (and other player or players).

Clearly worked out better for Indiana not to make it as they ultimately received Sabonis and Lavert for PG.

I think it worked out do almost everyone since Bledsoe’s knee exploded shortly after that and he has never been the same either.

Phoenix is the only one who would’ve been better off.

although Indiana could’ve taken Donovan Mitchell or de fox with that pick. That would’ve been interesting

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford would be nice at C but we don't have enough to match salaries. He can rebound, pass, defend and score 13-15ppg.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford would be nice at C but we don't have enough to match salaries. He can rebound, pass, defend and score 13-15ppg.
I’m pretty sure Harrell and either kuz or kcp gets you there

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it worked out do almost everyone since Bledsoe’s knee exploded shortly after that and he has never been the same either.

Phoenix is the only one who would’ve been better off.

although Indiana could’ve taken Donovan Mitchell or de fox with that pick. That would’ve been interesting
agree Suns better off IF they held onto Kyrie and who knows what he'd have done.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would think proposed deal here would be close to cover his salary. I agree he'd be a good fit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet even with that deal Lebron wont commit to a 1 plus 1 or just agreeing to pick up his player option.

They are even worse off now if Lebron walks and they didn't have that pick. But to amuse me, please tell me again how they should have dealt that pick to still not win a title and that would have kept Lebron. That's priceless.

He would not commit before the trade. And Gilbert required a commitment from LeBron to make it.

That does not mean he would not have decided to resign later.

That is the obvious piece that you continue to ignore.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would not commit before the trade. And Gilbert required a commitment from LeBron to make it.

He does this often.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and you continue to ignore he gave them no sign that he'd ever re-sign. But come on..one more time....they needed to deal the pick to have a chance at resigning him when dealing the pick still means no title and the pick is gone. That's priceless.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does this often.
counter baseless opinions with facts? Yep...Guilty.

you also do this often.....base your comment on the poster and not the post. You don';t think Lebron just wanted to be in LA and play for the Lakers?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that CLE didn’t tear it down to the studs after that, including using that Russ contract as a major trade asset, and dealing love rather than extending him, whew that was just some bad franchising all around.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that CLE didn’t tear it down to the studs after that, including using that Russ contract as a major trade asset, and dealing love rather than extending him, whew that was just some bad franchising all around.
Russ contract?

I could see trying to deal Love...of course, you could be ignoring they did try and were not offered enough to make it worth while. I don't think likely the case but possible. Also ignoring Love was coming off 3 very solid seasons and while injuries were part of his history, he still was usually good for 60-72 games. What has happened could not be expected.

Just as possibly the bad franchising could have been either trading him and not getting enough or losing him in FA and he goes on to perform elsewhere as was hoped.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
counter baseless opinions with facts? Yep...Guilty.

you also do this often.....base your comment on the poster and not the post. You don';t think Lebron just wanted to be in LA and play for the Lakers?
The Cavs fucked it up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ contract?

I could see trying to deal Love...of course, you could be ignoring they did try and were not offered enough to make it worth while. I don't think likely the case but possible. Also ignoring Love was coming off 3 very solid seasons and while injuries were part of his history, he still was usually good for 60-72 games. What has happened could not be expected.

Just as possibly the bad franchising could have been either trading him and not getting enough or losing him in FA and he goes on to perform elsewhere as was hoped.

russ was one of the last loopholes that the NBA ridiculously Changed where your contract amount counted toward a trade rather than just the guarantee.

Russ was a way to get an asset for taking on the money so another team could only pay russ like 4m. And they did nothing with it

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Signing Love to an extension was Gilbert thinking he can rebuild quickly without Lebron. Pure hubris.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you continue to ignore he gave them no sign that he'd ever re-sign. But come on..one more time....they needed to deal the pick to have a chance at resigning him when dealing the pick still means no title and the pick is gone. That's priceless.

I am not ignoring that at all.

He was very clear that he was going to keep his options open. He never said anything either way about leaving or staying, just that he would make the decision after the season.

It was on Gilbert and the Cavs to shove their chips in the middle to try and convince LeBron to stay longer.

They chose not to do that.

Which made LeBron’s decision very easy. Had they gone ahead and traded for PG and whoever else, it would have been a lot harder for LeBron to leave for a rebuilding Laker team.

Going all in was always more about 2019 and beyond and the possibility to maybe keep LeBron.

But you seem happy with the current result, so enjoy!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
russ was one of the last loopholes that the NBA ridiculously Changed where your contract amount counted toward a trade rather than just the guarantee.

Russ was a way to get an asset for taking on the money so another team could only pay russ like 4m. And they did nothing with it
Do you mean JR? If so, you need another team willing to make a deal if you didn't know. Maybe there wasn't one?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Love to an extension was Gilbert thinking he can rebuild quickly without Lebron. Pure hubris.
Not so sure it was just that. Might also be they didn't think a better player than him would come via FA and why would a team trade a better player than Love to acquire Love?