• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Eli Manning vs. Ben Roethlisberger vs. Philip Rivers

Who Is The Better QB?

• Ben Roethlisberger

Votes: 54 84.4%
  • Eli Manning

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Philip Rivers

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but can you explain to me why we are fixated on one play that defined 2 championships?? while Eli was still a better SB qb than Big ben was... and nobody says shit about big ben's wins??

I think people do mention that Ben didn't have monster Super Bowl performances. However, Ben has earned a legacy position above Eli because he performed so much better than Eli throughout their respective careers. It's really that simple. Let's not fixate on one play. Let's not fixate on Ben's 3 Super Bowl games and Eli's 2 Super Bowl games. Most regular season games count and all playoff games count. Both Ben and Eli were or should've been giving full effort in their regular season and playoff games. It's clear that Ben performed a level or two or three better than Eli.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left out the Tom Brady category?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player A
Games played 236, 117-117 (.500) record 244 INTs
Playoff record 8-4, 9 INTs (6 years)

Player B
Games played 218, 144-71-1 (.669) record 191 INTs
Playoff record 13-8, 24 INTs (10 years)

Player C
games played 228, 123-101 (.549) record 198 INTs
Playoff record 5-6, 10 INTs (6 years)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people do mention that Ben didn't have monster Super Bowl performances. However, Ben has earned a legacy position above Eli because he performed so much better than Eli throughout their respective careers. It's really that simple. Let's not fixate on one play. Let's not fixate on Ben's 3 Super Bowl games and Eli's 2 Super Bowl games. Most regular season games count and all playoff games count. Both Ben and Eli were or should've been giving full effort in their regular season and playoff games. It's clear that Ben performed a level or two or three better than Eli.

I agree with that... my only point, is that the thread we are in right now is comparing the three qbs…. and near every post about Eli has been negative, and pointing out how he didn't deserve that SB win because of the luck play...

I am just simply pointing out, that if you are comparing the three qbs Eli was the best Playoff QB of the 3, and played better in the SB than Big ben...

So if you are going to knock eli for his "bad" win... then you have to do the same to Big Ben... even more so...

But nobody has once said in this thread that Eli is better than Big ben... Not me, not nobody...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is called a team sport.
Against GB they gave up 31 pts.
(Eli would have lost if his defense gave up that many)
Now against the Seahawks. he just flat out sucked. Even though they won. he shouldnt have been celebrated.

So while you want to focus on the two super bowl games (for their whole careers) to try & make a comparison against a QB that has played way better than him throughout their whole careers. keep this in mind.

Outside of those two super bowls, since you are hooked on post season play. Eli manning was 1 & done every time he made the playoffs. he is not quite as clutch as you want to believe.

I am comparing the two in a thread about comparing the two... so yes... I am pointing out a fact that Eli was better in the playoffs and especially the SB than Big Ben was... so if you want to knock Eli for his bad wins, then you got to knock Big ben for the same...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am comparing the two in a thread about comparing the two... so yes... I am pointing out a fact that Eli was better in the playoffs and especially the SB than Big Ben was... so if you want to knock Eli for his bad wins, then you got to knock Big ben for the same...
I am cool with that.
BTW I dont think Eli has a bad win in a superbowl. He did what he was supposed too. I just think he wasnt the biggest reason they won (defense)
Also I dont give Ben credit for the Seahawk superbowl either. That was a bad win. I feel I was fair in those comparisons.
However
I am comparing their careers & Eli isnt even close to Big ben in their careers. Which makes it an easy answer for me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. Realistically all three of these QBs are getting into the HOF.

Its just that Ben is the only one who should probably go imo and maybe not even first ballot

It would be nice if the HOF actually had tiers...a special wing for the top tier guys that was more elaborate, etc. but as I understand it, if you have a bust in there, you're just like the rest.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am cool with that.
BTW I dont think Eli has a bad win in a superbowl. He did what he was supposed too. I just think he wasnt the biggest reason they won (defense)
Also I dont give Ben credit for the Seahawk superbowl either. That was a bad win. I feel I was fair in those comparisons.
However
I am comparing their careers & Eli isnt even close to Big ben in their careers. Which makes it an easy answer for me.

Bad win...lol

There are no such things.

Ben was along for the ride vs SEA...I think he would even admit that...Bradshaw was along for the ride for his 1st two SBs.

I do agree with your side of the debate here...Ben's career > Eli's. But Eli does have some points over Ben...it's not a one sided fight. My biggest thing against Eli...the lows were pretty awful and there were more lows than you'd like to see with a HOF triggerman.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL david Freese... someone who other than a cardinal fan would never even mention in a sentence...

If you want to make a baseball comparison, I think the closest but still imperfect, is Gaylord Perry... He just played for too long, and people only remember the suckiness… not the good...

Perry, though was great, when he was good... Manning never had the elite peak... he just had the VERY good peak...

But he is not going in because of that... He will go into the HOF for 3 reasons

1. longevity-compiled stats to make his career totals good
2. won 2 SBs
3. is a Manning

But when you compare Manning with Rivers, Rivers is a similar compiler... But has better overall regular season numbers...

But he has no championships at all and has been much worse overall in the playoffs...

If you rank Rivers over Manning, then you are simply a Manning Hater...
wrong, the only foul ball I've ever caught at a MLB game was off the bat of David Freese. of course I'm a Bucs fan and it was during his stint with Pittsburgh :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so someone just tried to make an argument that you could have put Rivers in Pittsburgh and achieve the same results as Ben.

GTF-outta here with that sort of nonsense. Rivers is about as clutch as a broken brick.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli has rings. Rivers has stats.

Ben has rings and stats. Give me Ben all day, every day.
Rings are team achievements. If Eli didn't cry his way out of SD he probably, hell most likely has ZERO rings and less wins than Rivers had in SD.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rings are team achievements. If Eli didn't cry his way out of SD he probably, hell most likely has ZERO rings and less wins than Rivers had in SD.

That much is undeniable. If we’re ranking the three, it’s:

1. Ben
2. Rivers

3. Eli

Based on ability, Eli shouldn’t even be in the conversation with the other 2.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben, and its not even close. Manning over Crybaby Rivers.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Rivers / Ben would've done if Rivers was Steelers QB and Ben was SD... I still think the Steelers would've won SB's...

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Rivers / Ben would've done if Rivers was Steelers QB and Ben was SD... I still think the Steelers would've won SB's...

And the Chargers would have won the SB in 2006......

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Chargers would have won the SB in 2006......
Maybe.

I have it in order Ben, Rivers ------ Eli, however it's a fair debate, that can't be determined who's better because we can't replay the past.

Whats not debatable is Eli's the LUCKIEST.