• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ECF Game 1 GDT NJ/NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats worse than hearing ranger fans talk shit after this game
hearing people that dont even follow hockey and claim to be ranger fans talking shit

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Needed to play mistake free hockey, didn't get that done obviously.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couple of interesting positive thoughts. Rangers have won game 1 in all three series so far, haven't put anyone away quickly. Devils obv lost Game 1 against Philthy. Still hope. Splitting the first two was what I wanted all along. Need a big effort Wed, hopefully this shook off the rust.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dude they call that defense though? just insane i could teach kids to play defense that way. make fun of the trap all you want but you still needed to have basic hockey ability to do it. this just get your body in front of the shot. my lord if lundqvist had to face 1/3 of the shots that got blocked these playoffs i dont think he would be as good

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils should elevate their shot attempts. Let the Rangers try blocking the puck with their head.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first goal was defensive mental colapse. Yes Bryce should of had the initial puck but throughout the game the puck was bouncing (note several times the Devils D had it jump over when trying to keep the puck in the offensive zone)....must be that the ice wasn't all that great but not to be used as an excuse. The rest of that play we had Zids come over and the forwards colapsing towards the hash marks picking up the rag players going towards the net but no one thought about the trailer which was Girardi and allowed him to step over the blueline to wind up and let the shot go from the pass.

Just before the second goal we see Del Zotto in the Rags end ontop of the puck and I could be wrong but thought he grasp, closing his hand, over the puck when down. I'm not mad with the hand pass because isn't it that you can do a hand pass in your end to your teammate as long as he is still in the defensive end when collecting the pass? If he is outside the defensive zone, it will be whistled dead as a hand pass.

Finally I think even though we lost the game there is positives to take away. We have to keep cycling down low and wear down their D. I think by doing this we'll see them become more tired and fatigued and make mental errors. Capitalize on their errors. We have to find ways to get shots in.
I'm sure PDB and the rest of the coaching staff will adjust this team and get them going.

We have to believe.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils should elevate their shot attempts. Let the Rangers try blocking the puck with their head.

Cant say I disagree with this.

Probably isnt the logical or even sane mindset to have entering a game but Id love to see how many Rags are down to block a shot after catching a Kovy slapper to the face.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This is a great idea. Make them think twice.
Also, please fix that damn ice. Fuckin sandbox out there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Bryce was ugly in that game. Real bad.

-Zids can't get caught pinching on the PP when Kovy is the other guy on D. This happens at least once a game. We got lucky Kreider lost his footing lastnight.

-The Rangers do the same thing everytime they enter the zone, 2 guys move in with the puck to keep the D honest and they drop it back to the trailer to windup and fire a shot. Figure out a way to blow this play up, it's all they do.

-Offense has to mix it up and start taking some off angle shots, throwing pucks in the middle hoping for weird bounces, etc.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe the devils penalty came after the hand pass
so we would have had the pp

actually, Bernier was serving a penalty for boarding at the 10:24 mark of the 3rd. Goal was scored at the 12:00 mark. So it would have been 4 on 4 for 24 seconds then a good bit of PP. The bottom line is that the 2nd goal should have never happened if the Ref had been on top of the situation.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone make a new thread. I'm doing Game 3 no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.